“Not for me” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Nile Ethiopian Restaurant

Nile Ethiopian Restaurant
7048 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)
407 354-0026
Neighborhood: Florida Center
dover
“Not for me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I thought the food was tasteless and unappealling. Service was OK but was advised to try the lamb which I didn't like. Portions were small, and we had to eat without a fork...just a type of bread to use to pick up the food. The bread just bloated me terribly. Just be careful going there unless you are sure you like that kind of food.

• Visited February 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Panama City, Florida
“BEST ETHIOPIAN FOOD EVER!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Okay...so this is was the first time I've ever tried ethiopian food but I swear it's probably the best I will have outside of Ethiopia. If you want to try something different and don't feel like waiting 45 mins for a table like most good restaurants on I-Drive then this is the place for you!

• Visited January 2011
Sault Ste. Marie
“Really great dining and cultural experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

Traditional African food, very nicely prepared and presented, in a warm, relaxing and comfortable environment. Great for children too, with non-processed foods, including chicken nuggets for children prepared from real chicken breast (not the processed junk every other restaurant seems to serve). A traditional coffee is prepared in ritual, with the beans roasted at our table, then ground and otherwise brewed traditionally. Very, very nice outing for singles, couples, families, etc. Great staff attending to all needs. Extremely reasonably priced, disproportionately low given the high quality of the meals and the experience.

Clearwater, Florida
“A New Culinary Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

This was a great experience and I look forward to returning. The food was not what I expected...it was better!! As a novice I know very little about Ethiopian food. This was a great experience and a chance to try food that I would never have tried prior. Prepare to eat with your hands if you wish....fun!!! I especially enjoyed the injera bread with the meal and the Ethiopian coffee and sweets for dessert.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
PALM BAY
“The injera (bread) keeps me coming back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

The Nile restaurant is one of the reasons I keep returning to Orlando. I only live 75 miles away and I dont have much time to travel, but the injera bread gives me the incentive to make time. The injera is served with the main course and it is a spongy type bread. In just one meal alone, you are filled up for the day. The bread gives you a filled up feeling and you dont need dessert. My favorite meal there is called "Dora Alicha" which translates chicken mild sauce. I highly recommend this dish if you are not into spicy meals. In fact, I am going there this Sunday to get some of the injera because they will sell you slices of the bread if you call a day ahead of time and place your order. If any of you visit Orlando, I suggest you try this type of food and you will not be disappointed. The staff is great and speak english quite well.