“An oasis of authentic Ethiopian food on the tourist drag.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nile Ethiopian Restaurant

Nile Ethiopian Restaurant
7048 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)
407 354-0026
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Brisbane, Australia
“An oasis of authentic Ethiopian food on the tourist drag.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the authenticity of the food as Orlando isnt well known for its ethnic cuisine. Shared the Chef's sampler which allowed us to try several different dishes including 2 chicken (doro wat and alicha), 2 beef (alicha and tibs) and 4 vegetable (cabbage, collards, split peas, lentils) and salad on injera, which is a fermented pancake that tastes a little like Indian dosai. Decor was basic but we were here for the food, which didn't disappoint. Service was friendly. Plan to eat with your hands. I would definitely recommend coming here if you were after good Ethiopian food and injera.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Nothing more authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We made a special trip back to Orlando just to eat here and the second time was just as good as the first. That is the mark of consistent good everything. For starters we had their own home made honey wine. I had forgotten how good it was. Our two dinners were served on a shared plate (no knifes or forks) and a basket full of bread (called injrera and thin with lots of air) to gather the lamb and beef along with the veggies. Service is not just with a smile, it is as though you just came to join the family. I like spicy and when I ordered my chicken with turmeric I was asked if I wanted more spice and another was suggested. It was not overwhelming and just right and how did she know? That is the mark of a really customer driven owner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tallahassee, Florida
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The food here is delicious! The staff is nice too. I recommend one of the samplers for two, unless you're dining alone, along with an Ethiopian beer. This was my third visit and I'm looking forward to my fourth this fall.

Visited May 2013
Crystal River, Florida
“Do it, you'll love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I dined here last night and had an awesome experience. This was our first time visiting, and like others I decided to give it a go based off of TA reviews. My wife is a Midwest meat and potato type of girl so her branching out to try Ethiopian food was huge. We sat at a traditional table in a quasi private room. Make sure to order the homemade honey wine! I also ordered a Ethiopian beer call Bedele which was unique. I was anxious to sample as much as I could so we ordered the Chefs special combination that included chicken doro wat, doro alicha, beef alicha, beef tibs, cabbage, collard greens, lentils, and split peas. Plenty of food for two. The food had flavors of delightful spices, but was not too spicy/hot. So don't confuse spicy with being super hot. The bread you eat with is a flat spongy texture called injera and is a nice pairing with the food, almost has a sour dough flavor to it. Overall we had a great experience and plan on coming back next time we are in town!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“This restaurant is something special.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I didn't know what to expect the first time we visited this unique restaurant in a rather remote place on the busiest boulevard of theme park heaven! The meal was fabulous. We four had a combination platter with lamb added. Yes, there are no utensils, but the bread worked beautifully to scoop up the tasty meat, vegetables and salad. And then we watched the coffee being roasted. Not only was it fun, but the coffee tasted wonderful.
We went back again, and the food was just as good the second time. The service the first time was impeccable; the second time, not so much.
Eating at "The Nile" is an experience everyone should try!

• Visited April 2013