“Tasty Italian Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of il mulino

il mulino
Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Beuna Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)
(407) 934-1199
Neighborhood: Walt Disney World Resort
Amarillo, Texas
“Tasty Italian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

This is a very stylish, modern restaurant. The wine list was impressive and the menu extensive. It was also great that they allow you to order 1/2 portions of their pasta dishes. So having an appetizer and an pasta dish still left some room for a dessert. The restaurant is very loud in the evenings because there is a lounge at the entrance of it, so when you make reservations ask for a more quiet table in the back if you want to be able to have a dinner conversation!

Visited February 2012

New York City, New York
“Terrible, Horrible in every way”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Food was TERRIBLE. I had read the reviews which were bad but my friend made the reservation (a vegetarian). First, most of the pasta is NOT homemade. We got the homemade taglietele and the penne rigata dish but substituted homemade taglietele for the penne. both dishes were TERRIBLE. First, the pasta wasn't even fully cooked, it was still hard. The regular red sauce was watery and the penne rigata sauce was VERY bland and completely tasteless. Both dishes were barely warm. Like others have said, the bread and eggplant complimentary starter were delicious, but everything else was terrible. On top of that they rushed us in and out. We had ordered white wine and they put the bottle in ice for us a couple feet from our table and our glasses were empty for thirty minutes and they came by, took our dishes, brought us dessert menus which we reviwed and then declined considering how terrible the rest of the food was, was brought the check, and still didn't fill our wine until finally we asked them if they could. Shouldn't have to remind the waiter- especially since they must have forgotten since we had already been brought the check and it was picked up (that's when we asked for the rest of our wine). I was seriously shocked at how terrible the food was, especially a place that is supposed to be known for PASTA! and it's fine that it was basic, but not only could they get the sauce right, they didn't even cook the pasta itself correctly! And on top of that it was expensive. I have had way better in NYC an dother places for MUCH cheaper. Do NOT go here.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Terrible valentines day dinner with my wife.it was horrible.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I made a reservation for my wife on valentines day night to celebreate her birthday as well and have a wonderful dinner ... And guess what ? Simple menu like pasta bolognese , pasta marinara. So we order beef ... Filet overcooked, not garnished on my veal saltimboca and burned on the edges .. Terrible plate presentation... thinking that it was an upscale rest, I did not expect this happen. Service, we have to call the manager and never received a good feedback from our complains. I did a special request with Disney reservations and nobody received any information in advance. Thus, we had a terrible dinner experience and people are not trained for an upscale rest as it is advertise... So I won't recommended for an special occasion ..... This happened February 14,2012.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“nothing seemed fresh. very $$$$$”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

This restaurant was not good in my opinion. everyone in our party agreed it was the worst meal at the hotel. IT was very expensive, and tasted exactly like reheated frozen entrees. hardly worth the cost of it. Personally I would avoid this place no matter what. I will never return.

Visited February 2012
Warrington, Pennsylvania, USA
“Fine Italian Dining, excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Italian menu with menu items ranging from classic to heart up to finer dining. Red Snapper is available, which should be expected in Florida. Service was very attentive, although younger in age, we were very well taken care of (one main waiter, two more for water refills and table clearing). Bread is provided with roasted eggplant along with thinly sliced salami. I ordered the tenderloin with mixed mushroom sauce and passed on the potatoes and re quested a side of the mushroom risotto; both excellently prepared. Complementary lemoncello after dinner, to cleanse the pallete and give you that sweet and warm ending to your meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere