“Great Restaurant, book in advance” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 3,176 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian
Glasgow, Scotland
“Great Restaurant, book in advance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Maggiano’s is a large restaurant and is situated at the busy Pointe Orlando complex. Maggiano’s can be ridiculously busy and its advised to book in advance particularly if there’s more than 2 in your party. They do have a nice bar to wait in but even this can be packed to bursting on a busy night.

It does create a great atmosphere when busy and there are plenty of serving staff and the kitchen seems to get things out without delay. The resaurant area is split into two large rooms and the bustle and decor lends to stepping into a mafia movie. We bagged a large booth that looked over the whole restaurant and it made for great people watching.

Maggiano’s have a large food and drinks menu and its on the expensive side for Orlando, however, the dining experience, staff and decent quality of the food makes up for the bill.

I had Chicken Parmigiana which came with two properly cooked chicken breasts which were light and crispy without being sweated in oil. The spaghetti was cooked well though the tomato sauce was a little weak. Be warned that portions are large here, a mistake we have made previously so my advice is have a starter/main or main/dessert!

All in all Maggiano’s is a good night out for drinks and dinner. Book in advance to avoid a long wait or total disappointment.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Arabic first
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Poor service, food good but way too much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Visited here around a week ago. Didn't book but said would get a table an hour later, and they gave us a flashing thing! Returned but it seemed chaotic and only think we got seated once husband complained. It was very busy and good was good. But wine extremely overpriced so wouldn't return.

Orlando, Florida
“Dysfunctional family style dining”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

First, let me say: the food here was good. Most of the people at my table had food left over for the next day and it was very good. We were told it was "family style" so that people could share each other's entree. That was fine.
The issue was the service. I made a reservation at Maggiano's website (redirected to Open Table) for 7:30. I am used to eating earlier, so I was plenty hungry when my party of 4 arrived. However, despite having a 7:30 reservation, we were left waiting in the lobby until 7:49 when my little pager went off. As I went to the host stand to check in, since I also got a page telling me my table was ready, I was told to stand in a staging area where I waited another 3-5 minutes for our table.
While I was at the host stand, I overheard another guest asking, politely, what the point in having a reservation was if you had to then wait for 20-30 minutes. Great question.
When we were seated, we were taken to a table in the bar area, dropped off by one person who gave us the quick corporate welcome and left us to wait for our server who showed up around 8. She welcomed us, asked about drinks and poured some olive oil out on a dish and then covered it in parmesan cheese and left to get the water.
It was now 5 minutes after 8 and we have our waters and a dish of olive oil, no bread and plenty of hunger.
At 8:30, we were still without food for our 7:30 dinner reservation and so by the time it showed up, even though the food was good, most of my party was no longer hungry after binging on the bread to satisfy the hole in our stomachs.
So, good food. Family style dining and family style service, if your family keeps you waiting, asks you to eat at the bar instead of the dining room, ignores you, and then says they hope you had a good visit.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Nice restaurant in a very nice villa shopping near convention center in Orlando.
Food was great for a very reasonable price, staff was super nice also and the sangria was a delight!
Highly recommend it! It's a nice break from vacation junk food!

Visited May 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great food and large portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I always look for Maggiano's when we travel. Every meal is good and the portion size is quite large. I recommend sharing.

Plus they make great Bloody Mary's.

The one in Orlando lived up to our expectations.