“Never Again!!!!!!!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Parliament House Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orlando
Parliament House Resort
You added Parliament House Resort to your Saves list
410 N. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32805   |
Ranked #266 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
washington, dc
“Never Again!!!!!!!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have stayed at the PH on various occasions over years, but NEVER again. The entire reception staff needs a total transformation in "customer service". They lack "tack", decorum, personality and most of all courtesy. I think they have been in their jobs so long that the management/owners of this place will let them do whatever, whenever. For a room which cost on the weekends the amount they charge, certain amenities need to be afforded, i.e. welcome drink coupon, free WIFI ($12.95 per day), alarm clock, free local calls, but then again this is a Gay Resort and when Gay is in the description, there goes the amenities and price, down and up. Supposedly they are going to renovate this place, but I honestly think it is a hopeless case. The neighborhood surrounding this property is not the best nor safest to say the least. This property is located in an coomerciall area which backs up to "near Ghetto" residential neighbor. There are several ethnic groups that roam this property day and night, who absolutely spends NO money within the establishment. The restaurant has been good and the service medium to good. The last night I was there, another gentleman and myself ate in the Rainbow Cafe, my friend having the Filet and myself the Chicken Marsala along with ice tea. Within 20 minutes we both were sick as could be and now days later still feeling the effects. Upon check out I mention this matter to the desk clerk, who doubles as the restaurant manager and he offered no apology or compensation for this experience. We further experienced problems that the resort was having their driveway resealed and stripped. No one upon check in, EVER advised us that the parking lot was going to be close for days; not phone call to advise after check in, not even a staff member to advise us. I can tell you one thing, if some other investor was to find a hotel in the International Drive area and open another Gay Resort in that area, I would say the PH would see this new resort, putting a REAL hurting on their survivorship.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

The grounds are kept up. The little beach by the lake is kept up. The actual facility is a hell hole! No one keeps it up!! I'm not sure anyone has cleaned it in years. The sheets and towels are clean, but that's it. I had to put a towel on the floor because there was no way I was going to walk across the filthy carpet. The rooms stink, literally. The restaurant staff is friendly, but it is about the size of a normal living room.

Room Tip: There is no good room at this "resort".
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Mount Dora, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I will have to agree that the rooms are not on the same level as a Hilton, but our overall stay was very nice. upon check in Chase was very attentive . We did have the option of where we wanted to stay we chose the lake view . We did have the joy of having dinner in the Rainbow Cafe food was good and at a nice price. The only down fall i can see is the way some staff is very lax it was not uncommon to see staff using their phone ie. calling or showing pictures , even texting .First night the bartender Tom (pool Bar) was very nice and inviting, The next 2 days in the pool bar was "odd", the bartender was on one end and looks did not move from that space .This may be what is normal but i have not seen anything like that in all of the places i have been to .so again overall we had a great time as we started w/ a 2 day reservation and changed to 3 so It did not turn us off at all.

Room Tip: If given a choice I would do the lake view , room was quiet as was not near any of the clubs onsite
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheshire, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

OK, it's cheap, but no cheaper than surrounding hotels. But it is filthy. Dirty beyond description. Managed to get one of the few no smoking rooms, but still stunk of cigarettes and bleach. I had socks on, which were white, but black after 5 minutes of walking on the carpet.

I get that it's meant to be a fun place, but surely we can do better than this.

Never again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

As one can see, it takes a lot for me to write a review with one star. This has lived up to it with stars. First, checking in at 10pm on Saturday evening, after a long drive from Atlanta, I was greeted by a jaded attitude filled front desk man...guy in the morning had the same approach. Must be the training. The restaurant service was the direct opposite. I went in several times and the guy working was really really good but unfortunately this is about the hotel. Tonight it is in the 50's and cold out. The room is just as cold. As mentioned, I have three layers on and shivering. I admit I dont like cold weather but THERE IS NOT TEMPERATURE CONTROL IN THE ROOM. I was told that the air was on and that they turned off the air conditioner. I dont feel a difference at all. I was told every four rooms are connected to the same system. The guy made it very clear he was being put out by my asking to turn the ac off and he said it was just the fan and he couldn't. Well, I have my beach towel trying to cover the vent but because it is coming out so strong the bottom doesnt hold in place no matter what I do. Keep going? The beds have obviously well worn as the squeek when one sits on them and they have a plastic covering on them .They advertise they have renovated the place. Holy smokes, if this is renovated I cannot even begin to imagine what it was like before. I have taken pictures and will upload them soon. Meanwhile, I like the property and would be staying if i could but because i cant sleep in this freezing room I will need to look for another place in the morning. Ugh!!! I have travelled to many 3rd world countries and have also lived in them and can tell you the area is quite similar. So, all of this mixed, dont be fooled by the "cheap rates". They should pay you to stay here

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Having arrived after a long journey from the UK we wanted to have a shower and rest - the room was filthy with stained carpets, cigarette burns on the furniture, and damp in the shower and bath area. The room stank of stale cigarette smoke. The recetionist (Randy) was rude, curt and not at all interested, and as the first person you meet is in urgent need of the meaning of customer service. However, the food in the restaurant and the staff were first rate and it was excellent value for money. The bar staff too were great fun - such a shame that by now we were trying to find an alternative place to stay having had such a bad welcome. The management should consider that not everyone staying there deserves to be made welcome.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the building are quieter unless you back onto the bar.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
toronto, ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

It has been a number of years since i was last at Parliament House. outside it looks the same -- yet continually being maintained.
The hotel is located near city centre, away from the entertainment parks, but if you have a car as most orlando visitors do, you are not far from them -- the city has excellent roads, freeways and toll roads.
The rooms are good and are well maintained by the housekeeping staff who are only ready to make your room up at YOUR convenience. the bedding is wearing a bit thin, but is still clean and fresh. the bed spreads are clean and fresh. mattresses could be flipped and rotated on a regular basis. mattresses were soft, but had a fabulous sleep..I am a non-smoker but ended up in a smoking room (my fault) -- no smell at all!
I checked in on the oct/nov special of three nights for usd99.00. great value.
The Rainbow Cafe meals were good and wholesome. and the wait staff - greg, carlos and ricardo more than attentive. thanks guys!
With more than one bar and entertainment area, one can fit into one's own style or all of them. do check out the muscular/inked bartender in the leather bar -- YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!
The pool area to clean and very well maintained.
i would grade it as a three star hotel and the price reflects that grading. you want four and five stars stay at the big chain hotels without the socialization. it is a good gay friendly property!
Will i return -- DEFINATELY and sooner and later. to the management -- thanks for giving up a great place to party, relax, sun and enjoy!

Room Tip: i prefer being on the second floor, facing the pool so i can get the morning sun. all on the front...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Parliament House Resort? Share your experiences!