“nice evening” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Morgantown
“nice evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The wait staff was very attentive. the food was excellent. nice evening out for two. the prices were a bit high but it was worth the special dinner out.

Visited April 2013

93% Recommend
Fort Worth, Texas
“The Best "Locals" find in Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've gone to Orlando on business for decades and spent too much time and money on fast food, chain restaurants and predictable meals. Chatham's Place is a welcome change from all of that with a dining experience that I have found to be extraordinary at every turn.

The service is excellent and the variety of the menu makes each trip there a new adventure. It's not a restaurant where you want to rush through a meal, but rather a fine dining experience that has never disappointed.

Don't pass up the souffle that is offered when you order your meal - you will not be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kohler, Wisconsin
“A wonderful evening! Great Friends and Fantastic Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is our favorite restaurant to bring special people to when visiting Orlando. The service is special. The food is remarkable. The atmosphere is intimate.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ChathamsPlace, Manager at Chatham's Place, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. It means so much to know you bring your guests to dine with us.
We appreciate very much.
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I love to travel to new places and we always look for special places to eat. We have come to rely on Trip Advisory to lead us to restuarants we can rave about. We found such a place in Orlando, Chatham. It was the best meal we have had in some time. The food was prepared with care and skill and served with professionalism and presented with artistry. I had the Florida Black Grouper in a pecan butter. Wow! It was light & flavorful. The Pecan flavor was a beautiful compliment to the perfectly cook fish. My wife had the Spicy Chicken Louisiana Creole. She couldn't say enough about how much she loved the sauce. Chatham's went beyond our expectations. The restaurant is housed in an office building, but don't judge a book by it's cover. Once you walk through the door you are greeted with a rich ambience. The room is gallant and dark and the lighting is dimmed to perfection, adding a mature romance and a feeling of being in a special place. Bob Rose the pianist sits nearly in the middle of the intimate but spacious dining room and adds just the right blend of romantic classics and jazz piano. The music is the perfect volume. Loud enough to listen to and soft enough to talk with. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are ever in Orlando...in fact, we made a reservation to come back the evening before we head home.

Visited April 2013
What a great review, and thank you for the pictures. We love to see the pictures our guests take. We thank you for the details about the ambiance ,food, service, and music. We were so glad you came and hope to see you again soon.
Orlando, Florida
“Wow, am I in Orlando?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have lived in Orlando for over 10 years (sadly) and I can honestly say this was the best restaurant I have been to here. It is a small place with an intimate atmosphere. I didn't get any "sleazy" factor that previous reviewers have mentioned. The service was impeccable. Of course the waiters are watching! It is a small place and they can't hide in the kitchen and still know when to remove your plate or refresh your wine. I had the filet and my husband had surf and turf, both were excellent and cooked as ordered. Every course was served at the perfect interval. The wait staff was polite but not overbearing. The only small complaint I have is that I think the wine list is overpriced. I do not like to pay more than double retail for wine at a restaurant. However, you can bring your own for a $20 corkage fee. So we will be back. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you Janet for the great review. Thank you especially for commenting on the "sleazy" review we received recently. It just goes to show how different everyone sees things. We re so happy you enjoy the intimate feel we try to create for our guests.
We will take your suggestion about the wine list and see if there is anything we can do.
We hope to see you again real soon.

Thanks again.