“Wow, am I in Orlando?” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
“Wow, am I in Orlando?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have lived in Orlando for over 10 years (sadly) and I can honestly say this was the best restaurant I have been to here. It is a small place with an intimate atmosphere. I didn't get any "sleazy" factor that previous reviewers have mentioned. The service was impeccable. Of course the waiters are watching! It is a small place and they can't hide in the kitchen and still know when to remove your plate or refresh your wine. I had the filet and my husband had surf and turf, both were excellent and cooked as ordered. Every course was served at the perfect interval. The wait staff was polite but not overbearing. The only small complaint I have is that I think the wine list is overpriced. I do not like to pay more than double retail for wine at a restaurant. However, you can bring your own for a $20 corkage fee. So we will be back. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ChathamsPlace, Manager at Chatham's Place, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you Janet for the great review. Thank you especially for commenting on the "sleazy" review we received recently. It just goes to show how different everyone sees things. We re so happy you enjoy the intimate feel we try to create for our guests.
We will take your suggestion about the wine list and see if there is anything we can do.
We hope to see you again real soon.

Thanks again.

Orlando, Florida
“The negative reviews must be from competitors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was amazed to see negative reviews about Chatham's. The food has more in common with Alinea than with Orlando restaurants. Each dish has something remarkable that sets it far above merely good. There is true culinary brilliance here. The duck in blueberries is the best duck I have ever had in my life. I see someone said the service was overdone. What the service is -- is perfect! Not intimidating, perfectly timed, and very friendly! I love the romantic ambiance and music.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you Carol, for the sweet review. Chef Tony blushed when you said there is true culinary brilliance here. He lives for his dishes and seeing all his guests smile when a creation of his comes to the table. Thank you for the service comment. Each of our servers has been there for over 15 years. They have tried to perfect every detail possible. We Thank you for noticing.
Longwood, Florida
“Best Small Restaurant in O-town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Chatham's is our GO TO restaurant when we are looking for exceptional service, fabulous food and the 'over the top made to feel special' sensation we get by visiting.

We LOVE the dark, cozy feel of the decor and think it adds to the ambiance created by Mauricio, the musician and the phenomenal staff (especially Lorenzo).

The Chef always goes above and beyond in the preparation of the food, be it the Salad, Appetizer, Bread, the entree and lastly the dessert; they are all done to perfection ALWAYS! In the past three (3) years that we've been patrons, we have NEVER had a bad meal or experience.

Thank you for providing the Orlando area with such class and pizzaz. Sometimes the smaller restaurants get overlooked by visitors to our popular destination, but the locals know that it's the 'real' restaurants that serve our community best.

Thank you!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the review. We are so happy we are your GO TO restaurant, especially when there are so many around. It means so much to us that you know us by name too. That means we are doing what we set out to do every night- to create the best dining experience, with the most amazing food and service but the whole time making it feel like home to you.
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We live local and are transplanted New Yorkers. We have been meaning to go to Chatham's for many years and decided to go there for our 25th anniversary. I mentioned the occasion on the phone. We love fine dining and have been to too many Zagat rated restaurants to mention mostly in New York and D.C., so are not reaching due to the occasion. This restaurant has seen better days in my opinion. Very dark cheesy décor with a strange layout. The Perrier Jouet was very over priced but, like I said it was our 25th. The food was very small portions and I left hungry despite the excessive price. No mention was made of the occasion or inquiry either (perhaps $400 bottles of champagne are common here). They seem to have a loyal local following and the wait staff seemed to focus more on them. There was a time when they were the only option in fine dining in the area now however, there are many other options on Sand Lake roads Restaurant Row that I will never need to go here again. Cantina Laredo is our favorite but Timpanos, Flemings, and even Stonewood on Dr. Phillips Blvd are much better choices. Your wallet and stomach will thank you!

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
I would like to personally apologize for the experience you had. We make every effort to pay attention to the special details like anniversaries and birthdays. I am so sorry that we did not get it right for you. We are taking into consideration the pricing of the wine list. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.
We appreciate the time you took to write the review. We appreciate all the reviews, good or bad. It helps us to make things better each day.
Sittard, The Netherlands
“Going back to the seventies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Upon arrival I thought that we were at some sleazy strip joint. Entering through the basement of an appartment building only increased the feeling. The place is dark. Very dark. It is hard to describe but it resembled the joints Leisure Suit Larry visited in the old computer game.

The staff is a little bit slick. Sure they appear to be courteous and polite, but I can not supress the idea that their behaviour has more to do with trying to have you add as much as possible to your bill than with providing you with a pleasurable evening.
Furthermore they pretend to be very cosmopolitan but answerin the question "what champagne do you have?" with: "French" is stupid.
The sparkling wine I got was French but not from the Champagne area and therfore no champagne.
The Zinfandel from dNappa valley was great, the filet mignon was excellent, the creme brulee to cold and all in all our evening was pleasurable.

Despite the strange seventies athmosphere it was not bad.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking your time to review our restaurant. We have taken into consideration the lighting. Some of our guests have mentioned before that it is a little darker than most places, but then some of our guests love the intimate feel you get. We are working on coming up with a balance there.
Thank you again.