“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orlando International Resort Club

You added Orlando International Resort Club to your Saves list
Orlando International Resort Club
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   5353 Del Verde Way, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Johnston, Rhode Island
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

This was my third time staying here.The staff here is extremely nice and helpful.I was greeted by Angela (?) who provided me with all the info I needed.There is a very personal atmosphere here that you don't find in the larger resorts.If you are looking for a resort with all the bells and whistles and chaos that goes with it then this is not the resort for you.This resort is for relaxation and no stress.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

This was a great choice for us! My husband and I and our 2 children (3yrs and infant) had a great trip to Disneyworld staying here. We were trying to decide whether or not to stay off property (not at D-World), but really wanted a separate room for the kids and this was so worth it! We're about 20-30 mins from Disney. There is a great playground, walking distance to a Sonic, lots of nearby food! The rooms are very clean, we have a full kitchen- complete with cooking utensils and dishes, laundry in the room, dishwasher, living room, dining room, breakfast nook (2 seat table there), 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, TVs in every room, screened patio, everything in good shape. Love it! I would absolutely stay here again! The pool is open year round and the room has separate pool towels in it. Daily paper delivery, need I say more? Very pleased! Super fancy? No. But more than enough for a stay and nice too. Tidy, modern look. Free Wi-fi. I can't think of anything I would change in the room. Outside- it would be nice if I could walk with the kids to a restaurant (something more than Sonic.) The walk could be done by adults/teens no problem. We're also close to a lot of shopping. It would be nice to be 10 mins closer to Disney as well, but so worth it!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

As a family of four, we really enjoyed the resort. The location was nice. Even though it is close to Universal Studios, we didn't experience crazy traffic in the mornings/evening travel to/from WDW. There are several fast food restaurants nearby for quick meals. The place didn't have all the bells and whistles of the more upscale resorts, but they have TV, wireless access, board games for check out, and outdoor activities for good weather days. I can't say it enough, we really enjoyed the stay, and would go back.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

Thanks Mickey for our birthday gift...FREE park ticket on our birthday!! We decided to accept Mickey's gift and spend our birthday week in Orlando. We exchanged our timeshare into the Orlando International Resort Club. We arrived about 3pm with an extremely quick, pleasant check in. Found our building and unit, which was on the second floor - no elevators!! We did okay, but if you have difficulty managing stairs...be sure to make that known before confirming. We had a spacious, fully equipped two bedroom, THREE full bathroom, (two up and one down) townhouse style unit, more stairs to the bedrooms!! Nice screened balcony overlooking the pool area. Great staff and COMPLIMENTARY Welcome Breakfast on Sunday, Ice Cream Sundaes on Wednesday and a Farewell Cookout on Friday!! ALL FREE!! Not many resorts offer this kind of amenity :) The resort is quiet and very convenient. We thoroughly enjoyed our relaxing birthday week and visits to the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Thanks Wyndham and Mickey :)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

I and a family from Brazil and a family from Oskkosh told the resort I would be checking in late. They said OK.

When we got there, nobody was home.
It took 2 hrs before someone showed up.
I voiced my problem with the day manager. He told me he would get back to me, he hasn't yet.

I found lots of Stachybotrys mold on the furnace in our room.

They have done nothing to try to make this terible experience better for me.

• Liked — leaving it
  • Disliked — service from the staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

Just returned from this great little place and cant praise it highly enough. We stayed in the 2 bedroomed townhouse units and found them extremely spacious and clean.

Staff are excellent and the location is ideal , near enough but far enough away. Would recommend this property 100% and i am sure i will return again very soon.

10 out of 10 !

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

We just got back from our 2 week summer vacation in Florida – our first week we were booked into Orlando International and our second week we were booked into our beloved Silver Lake Resort, a resort we stayed at last year and loved. We also had Tropical Storm Fay towards the end of our vacation. Not knowing what to expect, we walked in thinking Orlando International was going to be the place we couldn’t wait to leave. We were so wrong!

Location
OI is in a fabulous location. It is minutes from Universal, Prime Outlets (we feel the best outlets in Orlando), a really nice mall that was recently renovated – the one with Ron Jon Surf Shop and Bass Pro and not to mention all the great restaurants etc. near by. The exact street however seemed like it was a somewhat shady part of the area – within walking distance to Fun Spot (great place by the way) but lots of “shady” characters hanging out in the area. We walked one night to Fun Spot and decided it was not so safe after seeing some “kids” hanging out in the parking lot. We also faced the street which at first seemed noisy and a potential problem, but as the week went on it didn’t bother us at all.

The Unit
We loved our second floor unit which had 2 levels. The bedrooms were on the second floor and the living room and kitchen were on the main floor. When we initially walked in, we thought there was no way this place could be a Gold Crown Property – but there are some signs of upgrades such as the granite countertops other reviewers have mentioned, as well as the granite-walled shower in the master ensuite. The living room seemed small but when we opened up the patio (which was screened and carpeted with a ceiling fan!) it created more space for our kids to play. Just be careful – the bars were easily wide enough for my son to slip between (would not pass code in Canada) and the screen can not be relied on to keep them from falling. Ours had 2 large holes where the screen separated from the balcony wall, we called them to fix it but it never happened. I would say the décor and furniture is equivalent to the level of quality of a “Days Inn” – functional, but nothing fancy.

Pool and Activities
By far our favourite part of this resort is the pool. Many of the units surround the pool which means ground floor people can walk there via a back door from their balcony. My kids ate on the balcony while watching people swim or if I stayed back to get lunch ready, I could still communicate with my husband and kids swimming in the pool. We also met a lot of great people and families there. They play loud, upbeat music every day from morning to night and the pool closes at 11pm. At first it bothered me to hear kids and parents alike screaming their heads off at 11pm after a day at the park .. but by the end of the week I found we were joining them! Hello to Elijah & Cory, Vince & Sophia! Also by the pool we had a free breakfast on Sunday, icecream sundaes, chips and pop and a BBQ on the last day – free, no strings attached! We have never had a resort that treated us so well. I might as well throw in now that they also delivered a free newspaper to your door every morning, there is an AWESOME coffee machine for free in the office (the kind where you put in your own puck-type thing) and a computer with free internet access. In the mornings they also have complimentary pastries set out too. The pool’s temperature was a bit cool at times, but still enjoyable. The hot tub was always at a great temperature and very relaxing. Other than the pool there was a really nice and new children’s playground, gas BBQs to use, tennis court and gym. The pool was the heart of OI, every one spent time there and it’s where we all met and chatted and our kids played together every day.

Staff
Overall, staff was great – you will most likely meet Oscar at front desk. Not a lot of security on site, just a guy that comes at 10pm I think when front desk closes. I met a guy that slept on the pool chairs all night and was not even staying at OI – turned out to be a nice guy, but still a bit creepy. OI staff are fast to respond to calls, but when it comes to fixing things – the guys always promised to be back the next day and no one ever came (the broken screen, broken window blinds etc.). But if you need anything (highchair, baby gate, electrical plug covers etc.) they bring it right away and they do not charge you like other resorts.

You will find that the clientele at OI is middle to lower class – again comparable to what you would find at a Days Inn type place. But all nice people though and very friendly. Overall if we were offered to stay at OI again, we would not hesitate to stay in a heartbeat. It broke my heart to see how sad my daughter was when I told her we were leaving OI to move to another place and her not being able to swim with her “friends” every day. OI is a gem, it is like a best kept secret. They don’t claim to be fancy and all that, but they do take care of you and it is truly a home away from home. I know there are not a lot of reviews for this resort so if you are reading this and considering booking here, please do not hesitate to contact me. I wrote a really long and detailed review about an hour ago, but my computer froze and I lost it all – so I had to just bang out another review quickly and I am sure I forgot many things. You will love this resort. Enjoy!

Stayed August 2008

Been to Orlando International Resort Club? Share your experiences!