“Couldn't have been happier! Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orlando International Resort Club

You added Orlando International Resort Club to your Saves list
Orlando International Resort Club
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   5353 Del Verde Way, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)   |
GreenLeadersBronze level
Westerville, Ohio
“Couldn't have been happier! Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I booked this rental through the Armed Forces vacation club back in Dec 12 for a stay Mar 2-9 2013. First, if you are a veteran or currently in the military you need to check this website out for vacation rentals. We booked this place for $347.63 for 7 days. I couldn't believe we could stay that cheap around spring break time near Disney, but the trick is to book a few months out. We arrived on Sat right at check in time (4:00pm) and were cheerfully greeted by courteous front desk staff. They answered all my questions and made us feel very welcome and appreciated as patrons. When we got to our room or should I say condo because the place is HUGE. We stayed on the bottom floor which I requested two weeks ahead of time and they graciously accommodated. When you have a 3 and 4 year old you tend to have a car load of stuff so It was nice not to have to lug it all to the 2nd floor. Our room had a breakfast bar when you walk in the door and a fully equipped kitchen with just about every utensil you have at home. You walk into the dining room/living room next and see that you have about a 40-46 inch LG flat screen TV, DVD player, and with 3 HBO channels for movies. The master bedroom is rather large with a king size bed and a second 32 inch LCD flat screen TV. The master bathroom has a hair dryer and plenty of towels. One thing I liked was there was a safe in the bathroom clothing closet where you set the code and can store all your valuables during your stay. The unit also has a small washer and dryer which we used daily to keep up with laundry. There is a second bathroom we used for the kids that is the standard size of most people's main bathroom in their house. There is also a second bedroom with a queen size bed. I forgot to mention there was a pull out sofa bed in the living room we used for the kids to sleep on to keep them in an ear shot of our bedroom. The amenities were also excellent. I used the gym twice during our stay to run and it is better than the average hotel. We also used to heated pool twice once during the day and once in the late evening. It was nice it was heated because in early March we had high 50's and low 60's some of the time. The last thing I can think of is they had a nice playground for the kids to play on as well. The location is nice and convenient for a lot of restaurants on International Drive. You can get anywhere around Disney in about 15 minutes or so. We did have one glitch with the bathroom drain sticking on the second bathroom and they had a maintenance guy there and fixing it in less than 15 minutes! Overall the place is a great place to stay for a family and we will definitely be back in the future.

Room Tip: Call ahead no more than two weeks out.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

It was miserable and the staff could care less

I arrived at 10:30am (after dropping my family at Disney) to fill out all of the paperwork because I knew we would be arriving late as we planned an event that ended at 10:30pm.
I spoke to Isabella ( from Venezuela) and she very clearly stated that she assigns the room. I explained that I needed a first floor room with parking outside the unit because I had a handicapped person with electric scooters that would need to be dragged in as it would be out of battery by the time we arrived. She assured me it wasn't a problem since she assigned the units. She did not do it until later but my keys etc. would be waiting at the desk. While I was there for about a half an hour 6 people checked out of their units. They would be closed but the security guard would have everything and I would just need to pick up my keys. There would be help to unload the car.
- I arrived back at 11:30pm to discover that:
1. There were no keys - security would unlock the door but we would have no way to leave to eat and come back because there would be no access. So 3 hungry people chose shelter over food. UNACCEPTABLE
2. We were assigned unit 108 in building 3 - there was no parking lot designed to be near the building. The parking lot was at the opposite end of the building ( 4 large units away) and an actual space was about 2 blocks away. .
3. There was no one to help with the electric carts that had to be dragged blocks to the unit by the one healthy person in the trio. This took about an hour as dragging battery dead carts and luggage was no small feat.- UNACCEPTABLE

4.The unit itself:- UNACCEPTABLE
a. did not have a working dryer
b. did not have a working coffee pot
3. did not have 2 beds in the extra room as promised by reservation
4. did not have wifi- even though it was supposed to be available
5. did not have a working lamp bedside in the master bedroom
6. Did have a sag in the middle of the bed in the master bedroom - so one could roll into it at night

Complaints to the front desk brought a person to the unit who listened to my complaints and then tried to tell me there were no other units available. I was at the office and it was after 10 and 6 people checked out - so how many checked out before 10? How many new guests checked in before me with handicapping issues ? He tried to justify the treatment and the condition of the unit. And his attitude was so what!!
The condition and placement of this unit was cruel . Handicapped persons having to drag luggage blocks because there were no parking spaces designed to be within blocks of this building was a serious breach of Wyndham’s policy to accommodate guests with disabilities.
Forcing guests to forgo food or shelter because no keys were provided after the guest went out of her way to be sure that it would not be an issue is beyond words. It was as though we were in a “B” movie and there was no happy ending.
Do not waste you money or vacation on this place - Avoid it like the plague

Room Tip: Avoid this place like the plague - It will ruin your vacaqtion- The photos are to awful to print
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was a really nice place to stay. My husband and I were in a ground floor apartment, while my sister and her family were in an upper floor one. The ground floor apartments have two bedrooms, one with ensuite bathroom, the other with a bathroom just outside the door. There is also a very sizeable living room and a very well equipped kitchen. The upper floor apartments have kitchen, living room and bathroom downstairs and two bedrooms upstairs, each with an ensuite bathroom. The downstairs apartment had an overhead fan in the living room, which the upstairs didn't have. The fan was nice, although the AC was certainly sufficient to keep both places as cool as you could want

The units were very comfortable and clean and the staff were friendly. Tom, the manager, was particularly concerned about making sure everything was just right for our stay.

Be aware that checkout time is a fairly early 10 a.m.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reston, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom, 3 bathroom townhouse that was very comfortable, clean, and well-maintained. It is convenient to many attractions - Universal, Disney, Sea World, outlet shopping, restaurants and more.
The staff is friendly and very helpful. The kitchen is well-stocked with what you would need for a comfortable stay. There is also a washer and dryer so you can pack light if you don't mind doing laundry on vacation.
The resort does not have a lot of activities happening on-site, probably because there is so much to do in the area. It would probably be a waste of their time.
This was our second time at the resort and we will return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Very nice pools, small mini golf, bus ride to Disney World. Staff were kind and rooms kept clean. There are cabin-like rooms and a highrise hotel. Off major highway and not far from Disney World.

• Stayed March 2012
Ottawa, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Spotless, great location. Decor a bit dated, but still extremely good value. Take advantage of the I trolley - best bargain of the week and you can purchase tickets at the front desk ($5 for the week).

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Houma, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We arrived at 11;30 at night ,the office close and didn't know what to expect.I had pick on this place online.The security officer met us by the office and asked for my paper work.Our two bedroom suite was beyond my expectation.My family was very happy with the choice i had made.The suite was very spacious,clean,and had everything we possibly needed for our 5 day stay.,all we needed to bring is groceries,It was a townhouse,very very satisfied.The staff very pleasant and helpful.It was home away from home and so close to every place we needed to go to.I would definetly recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Orlando International Resort Club? Share your experiences!