“Good Choice” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   4874 Cayview Ave., Orlando, FL 32819   |
Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Good Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Reviewers mention the same positive attributes (spacious, full kitchen, clean, well provisioned) and I have to agree with these accolades. We (myself and three of my staff) stayed in a 3 bedroom townhome with 3-1/2 baths, a good choice for 4 women. The downstairs bedroom had a queen bed, a bath and the washer/dryer in the closet, the middle level contained the kitchen, dining and living areas plus1/2 bath, and the upper level had the master suite, with its own bath, and another bedroom with 2 twins and a hallway bath. Our unit was a very comfortable arrangement although somewhat overblown in terms of its decorating style.

The "self catering" was somewhat annoying for a stay of 4 nights. While it was nice to not have cleaning people coming into our unit, and we made our own beds, the establishment provided the dinkiest slivers of soap, thin, scratchy towels, one set-up of shampoo/lotions, one packet of dishwasher soap and two small coffee packets, mostly inadequate for our number and our length of stay. It's true, the in-room literature did state one set of amenities would be provided, but you'd think, in a resort with a likely average stay of 3-4 nights, the complimentary soap would have been more substantial. When I inquired at the desk for more soap, I was directed to their gift shop, which was never open in spite of posted hours. I had to buy extra hand/bath soap at the Publix down the street to make it through, go to Walgreen's on the corner and buy a hefty jug of dishwasher detergent to handle our dirty dishes, which, fortunately, I was able to bring home. You'd think the management would encourage guest cooperation in washing their dishes by providing enough soap. Same thing with the trash. Two large bags were provided, along with stern warnings to put out the trash frequently, but if you have 4 people and are doing some eating-in, you do generate trash and since we had squandered our first bag, our last one got filled to the brim. I was told that the "freshen up" service for our rooms would be an additional $25.00/day if we wanted beds made and new amenities.

The resort location was quite convenient, with shuttle service provided to the Convention Center, although from our townhouse location it was about a 5 minute walk to the meeting point at the front of the Clubhouse and resort entry. By car, access to restaurants and shops along International Drive spots was quite direct and the airport was an easy trip, although with 2 tolls.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely, although I would plan ahead and bring some extra supplies along.

Room Tip: I don't know if there are any "bad" rooms. This is a very large complex, well maintain...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Travelled in June 2011 for 14 days with my parents, my partner and our two year old son.

Arrived in Orlando following a nightmare 9 hour flight with a grouchy toddler followed by car hire problems at the airport. A $100 taxi ride later, we arrived at the stunning Vista Cay. On checking in we were told that our room was not ready and we would need to wait around 45 minutes. Not great news considering our foul moods! Decided to take a short walk around the club house and pool area whilst we waited and we all just fell in love. Club house was clean and beautifully decorated, pool area was also clean and relatively quiet considering it was peak season. However a few minutes later, the friendly receptionist informed us that we were being upgraded to a 3 bed townhouse (5051 Tideview Cir. Unit 76). Still car-less we followed our map to our unit, which was luckily a few minutes walk. Simple to use key-pad entry system to get in, and then the holiday begun!

Unit was spacious, immaculate and beautifully decorated, everyone just darted around shouting "oh my god, look at this". Plenty of fresh soft towels (6 in each of the 3 bathrooms) and extra bed linen. Kitchen was well stocked in terms of appliances and dishes etc. We actually concluded that the oven and microwave must have been brand new as there was no indication of use. Only a couple of cleaning supplies but this was expected. Washer, dryer and ironing facilities located in the garage (next to our air hockey table may I add!) which came in extremely handy. Knowing this was available in advance meant that I was able to pack a little less luggage beforehand, knowing I could wash, dry and iron my clothes whilst here. Always handy with a messy toddler in tow. Beds were very large and all had memory foam mattress toppers, a great nights sleep.

A few short minutes after arriving a vista cay employee arrived at our unit on a golf cart full of baby equipment, including a high chair, travel cot (pack and play) and two safety gates. Looking back I do not know how we would have coped without this vital equipment.

Still car-less, hungry and thirsty, we decided to walk to publix and pick up a few necessities. Was a short walk, 15 minutes or so, and found the items to be reasonably priced and also carried souveniers which were so much cheaper than official stores.

The following day we caught a taxi to I-Drive (around $15) to finally pick up our car, which we came to find out was probably necessary as we rarely saw buses on Universal boulevard. Vista Cay is around 5-10 minutes drive from I-Drive and Universal Studios, Sea World, Wet & Wild and Aquatica, and around 15/20 to Disney parks. Perfect location for us!

Only one minor negative we had was that we discovered a wasp nest on the balcony just above the sliding door in the kitchen area. It wasn't a massive problem as we didn't use the it and the insect screen prevented any coming inside. We phoned the reception first thing in the morning and when we returned at the end of the day the situation had been taken care of whilst we were out.

To cut a pretty long story short, Vista Cay is an amazing place to stay. Beautiful decor, beautiful location, beautiful grounds. Just Beautiful. I cannot wait to bring my family back here again. I would probably not even consider any other accommodation in Orlando.

I urge everyone to ignore the 'poor' or 'terrible' reviews here as they seem to be clutching at straws to try find something negative to say.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Bay Shore, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo at Vista Cay by Millenium for 8 nights in February 2012. It was our first time there and certainly won't be our last. The unit was absolutely beautiful and stocked with basic amenities. The shop in the clubhouse sold small packages of laundry soap, dishwasher detergent, etc., at a reasonable cost for when we used up what was already in the unit. The beds were comfortable, there were plenty of towels, the master bathroom was huge - as big as my whole bedroom at home! The pool area was beautiful and relaxing. Though I didn't indulge in a swim, my adult children enjoyed it immensely, including the hot tub. I especially liked that there is no bar at Vista Cay, so my family can enjoy the hot tub and pool in the evening without being surrounded by adults who are drinking, which has been a big problem at other resorts. Also, we were so close to all the parks that I never had to add gas to my car rental. I paid for a full tank ahead of time, and returned the car still with a half tank, even after going to Disney, Universal twice, and SeaWorld three times! After 10 years of vacationing in Orlando we've never stayed in the same resort twice, but Vista Cay, we'll be back soon!

Room Tip: I booked right through the Milennium web site, getting the AAA rate. It only cost slightly more tha...
wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

i stayed here when i had a conference at the convention center. the walk is totally do-able - about 12-15 minutes from my room to the closest door of the convention hall. you have to walk along a road and through a parking lot but it was an easy walk. this way i saved on the $11 parking fee (every time, no in/out allowed) and i got a full kitchen and a washer and dryer.

i had a 3 bedroom 2 bath unit. everything worked perfectly and was spotless.

the condo is very spacious and you can easily fit alot of people into this room if you have to. i plan on staying there again this summer.

Room Tip: if going to convention center, you may want to call ahead for the closest possibly room.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Delray Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

We just returned from a 2 night stay at Vista Cay. We were in a premium 3 bed/2bath unit. The unit was spacious and clean. There were 7 of us and we did not feel crowded. The location was ideal for a visit to Islands of Adventure. The full kitchen was convenient for eating breakfast in and preparing lunches for the parks. Having a Publix and Walgreens around the corner was a plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit that does not back on or face Universal Blvd. You can hear the car traffic at night i...
Highland, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

My husband and I and our four children just returned from Orlando and rented a town home in Vista Cay. When we arrived the unit was fairly clean but in need for a fresh coat of paint and a good deep cleaning. There was a spindle missing from the railing that two of my children could easily fit through and fall down the flight of stairs. I called immediately and it was repaired the next day. The decor and tvs were outdated and the floor plan was not ideal with small children and having bedrooms on every floor. The website did not have floor plans so be sure to find out before you book. The townhomes did not have a patio or balcony which i guess didnt matter because the only view was the townhomes behind us. The pool was very nice they had
a little wading pool for smaller children. The front desk supplied pool towels. The other advantage was the close proximity to the parks. With so many resorts in the Orlando area competing for your business, I was not impressed with this resort.

Room Tip: Definitely rent a condo instead of a town home at Vista Cay. Check out the floor plans.
insiderselect, Manager at Vista Cay, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
We appreciate the feedback from our guests during their stay, as we continuously strive to improve the guest experience; is seems that the accomodations booked during their stay was indeed at a Townhome; we are in agreement, it is possibly not the right type of unit for those guests having small children specially because of the 3 story stairs. During these situations, we always try to accomodate our guests based on availability by ensuring that their accomodations will provide them the best possible comfort; it is possible that the resort was full, as normally our staff would have invited the guest to move to a unit that would not have this challenge of the stairs for the little ones.
We offer at Vista Cay Resort, several types of accomodations, and on our web site we offer a more detailed description of the different unit types, so the guest would be able to decide which one meets their needs best.
We hope to have the opportunity to host this guest in a near future and assist them, by selecting the right acommodation for their needs.
The Management
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We booked this through a UK travel agent and arrived late on a Thursday evening to enter a fabulous 3 bed/2 bath apartment in block 5000.

The apartment was well furnished, clean and tidy and had masses of space for us to use, important when you need your own space for a while. The kitchen was well equipped, the bathrooms had great showers, all rooms had cable TV, we just couldn't fault it. To find similar value and space in a hotel would have cost us a small fortune.

The best element for us was the location. Far enough (5 min drive) from I Drive and Universal Studios to be peaceful, yet close to restaurants, bars and supermarkets and just 5 minutes from i4.

The staff on the resort were more than helpful, polite and friendly, on one occasion going well out of their way to help us.

The pool area and grounds are immaculate, clean and well tended and there is a gym, small shop and internet cafe (This was our only gripe - at $15 per hour computer use, it's expensive, but as the clubhouse has wireless, it wasn't really an issue for us).

We will definitely use Vista Cay if we visit Florida again and I'd be happy to highly recommend it to friends and family, safe in the knowledge thatthey would enjoy their stay as much as we did.

Room Tip: 3 bed/2 bath have plenty of room for a family of 4 to 6 with separate living room/dining area and ki...