“MAJOR ATTITUDE WITH CERTAIN STAFF !!” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7400 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #150 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“MAJOR ATTITUDE WITH CERTAIN STAFF !!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels in my life and this is my 1st review ever. I'll start with the good. It is located at a great location very close to everything you need. The Waterpark was excellent with very attentive and helpful lifeguards. My 3 year old grandson had a blast. The room was average. The price was very good when booking online and off season [ even tho there's an extra charge when you check in ]. I come to Florida twice a year and would definitely stay here again,if not for the following.
I am currently disabled,among many health problems, I have vascular blockage issues in my legs which makes it feel like I constantly have the Gout in both feet. I cannot walk far distances. So I called the Hotel a month in advance of my stay requesting a room close to the Waterpark because of my disability. The staff that I spoke to could not guarantee a specific room. but he said he would leave a notation with my reservation he also said I should call or check in at 11 am the 1st day of my stay. When that day arrived I called a little after 10 am. When i spoke to the front desk I told her of my disability and my prior call. She said no notations were left with my reservation and said she'd see what she could do. Not feeling confident about her help, we left Daytona early and hurried to Orlando. Upon arriving I was met by the person I spoke to at the front desk [ even showing her medical documentation ] she seemed to be annoyed by having to push a few extra buttons on her computer! After she did give me a close room, I told her I really appreciated her help and handed her a $20 bill,which she promptly snatched right out of my hand. And she still had an attitude.
After changing to go the Waterpark myself,daughter and grandson were walking [ I was limping ] by the towel area,the attendant there came out and opened a side gate for wheelchairs which was a shortcut. She was very nice and helpful. So next several times we entered or exited the park we used that gate. Then came the day the same attitude check in lady was working the towel area , which she apparently hated more than the front desk,. As I was exiting the park with my daughter and grandson helping carry food we just bought from the on site Pizza Hut. She screamed at us saying this is a wheelchair exit only. After I said everyone else was letting us in and out this way. She reluctantly walked 5 steps to let us out mumbling under her breath the entire time. This is the only person in my life I wanted to get my tip back from.
The next incident happened while visiting the on site arcade. I'm not sure of the exact time but it was evening when I went to check out the arcade. It was nice [some games pricey] but there's something for everyone even a bowling alley. The only problem I was having trouble getting the players card from the machine,so I went for help. The guy behind the counter seemed lost looking around. and apparently for good reason, it wasn't a worker it was a guest! Not one worker was present in the arcade or restaurant or the cash register or the kitchen. I was there about 10 minutes but who knows how long before I arrived they were missing. There was at least 7 customers I saw. After the 10 minutes I saw a man walk in who was getting perturbed. I asked if he worked here and he said "NO, I'm the owner!! After he left about 7 employees magically appeared.
And the last thing I feel the need to comment about. The hotel has a mascot named Coco. Everyday it's advertised he's in the lobby to greet kids at 4:00 pm. After the Disney parks my grandson was excited to meet Coco. So, we went to the lobby at 4:00. Nobody was there, at about 4:15 I asked the front desk where he was she said he'd be hear shortly. Then at 4:45 I again approached the front desk,a guy this time, who told me he's right in the back room and changing and will be right out at 5:05 I went up for the 3rd time and was told to go to the Waterpark there's a dance party and Coco was there and they would give us an arcade card for the wait. Well, there was no dance party but we did finally meet Coco at 5:20. And then were given a card for 15 minutes of arcade games but you had to wait in between each game. It was a nice gesture though.
All in all this would've been a 4.5 to 5 rating. But the maids do a half assed job
and certain personnel should not be employed. They need to clean house and hire respectful people. I do not seek sympathy for my medical ailments, but I definitely do not want nor deserve Bad Attitude!!!!
also the rooms need microwaves.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay. We hope that you accept our apology for any inconvenience you experienced. We pride ourselves on great customer service and providing our guests with the best experience possible and we are very disappointed we were unable to do that for you. We have consulted with the department supervisors to ensure that they are all knowledgeable of the situation, and that it is dealt with accordingly. Again we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with us. We would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution during your stay. Please contact us at comments@cocokeyorlando.com so we may provide you with a solution. We hope that you will consider staying with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We found this hotel through Travelocity.com and they had it on special fro $50 a night instead of the Florida Resident discount of $109 a night- now that the trip is over we now see why it was discounted so low.

First of all let me say on the exterior the hotel looks nice- looks as nice as the website showed. We drove from Miami to the hotel and almost missed the hotel because the sign is so small none of us saw it. Front desk service was ok- nothing special- being that this is a "resort" geared to the families, they weren't that inviting.

My first "surprise" of the stay was that they charged us an additional resort fee for using a 3rd party service to make our reservations- that wasn't the issue- the issue was they charged us for their services that we didn't use (wi-fi, water park, etc). Then we get to the room- at first glance it was a nice room but then we see the bathroom, the door was off it's hinges and literally leaning against the door frame. We request a different room- and were given a room with a broken door handle that somehow fixed itself when reattached to the door. Once inside the air wouldn't cool down. So we lowered the air to cool down more and left for the day. Once we came back later that night the room was like a meat locker- when we raised up the temperature the air let out a smell like it was on fire.

The beds were ok- nothing out the ordinary for a hotel bed.
For the final price of what we paid to stay here, we could have stayed at a nicer hotel with less headaches.
We won't stay here again by choice...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate departments. Regarding our resort fee, each guest is required to pay our mandatory per room per night resort fee which includes the cost for; water park admission for four people per room, WiFi, parking on-site, free transportation to and from Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld, Resort Activities, a State-of-the-Art Fitness center, and our business center. Additionally we recently installed new air conditioning units with hypo-allergenic filters in all of our guestrooms and our rooms get cleaned on a consistent basis. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you faced during your stay. We hope you reconsider and stay with us again!
Sligo, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

stayed in coco keys for a fortnight ended wednesday have to say the house keeping were very poor and the only let down of the whole hotel water resort..........the rooms smelt of mildew/mould which went after a few days (funny thing about this was on the tuesday before we left the room service sprayed some sort of air freshener but was very funny) the dust was thick on everything presses,table,lights everything we cleaned alot ourselves.......room wasnt vacuumed everyday tough with kids with pringles and such we did clean after them but was still not done......one of the days no towels were left at all old ones were taken though and no toilet paper was left...........sheets were stained also.. once by what looked like orange squash( not urine?) and another time by blood told front desk changed immediately....got to the stage where room service manager kept caling everyday to ask were toilets ok and were towels left made us think they werent happy with the situation .............all this said we stayed but was just as a place to sleep pool area was well kept and staff pleasant and very willing to help when asked suppose as a show of unhappiness to the staff we left no tip.........would i reccomend this hotel if your not fussy and want someone at the heart of i drive then yes but defo no if fussy......just as an add note beds were very comfortable

Room Tip: as far away from the pool area as possible
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay. We hope that you accept our apology for any inconvenience you experienced. We pride ourselves on great customer service and providing our guests with the best experience possible. We would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution during your stay. Please contact us at comments@cocokeyorlando.com so we may try and provide you with a solution. We hope that you will consider staying with us again.
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had a wonderful time and were very impressed with CoCo Key Resort. We arrived around 12:30 on our check in day, not expecting to be able to get into our room until 4 or so, and were put in a room right away. Had a wonderful time at the water park. We will definitely recommend and stay again.

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We have been to Florida many times with our children and had spotted this hotel before, we got a cheap last minute deal with no big plans to do all the theme parks, so a hotel with its own water park was very appealing! Yes the hotel was once a motel, you can tell by looking at it, but the rooms are big and clean, with modern decoration and it is situated perfectly to get to the theme parks and eat out. We have a family room, which was great as the kids could go to bed and we could stay up in the interconnecting room.

The pool was amazing! Our boys are 6 and 8 and they loved it. During the week you basically have it to yourself and at the weekend it does get busy with locals and children's parties, but even then the queues were still not long, just a minute or two at the most. I have never seen so many lifeguards and they are so attentive to their jobs, I felt safe to not need to be in the pool the whole time. We counted 12 lifeguards at the weekend and when busy, they even had one in the middle of the kids pool, standing in the water. I am amazed that anyone considered them rude or fed up of their jobs as other reports said, we found them lovely and really helpful. When my son broke his goggles 2 tried to help him before he could even get back to me to tell me, that's great service! The indoor pool is great if the weather is cooler too, or if you have had enough sun for the day.

The reason I gave it 5/5 you get a great deal here, good rooms and great facilities at a great price. If you want 5 star hotels, pay 5 star prices, if you want a reasonably priced hotel in a good location, stay here!

Room Tip: Family rooms with interconnecting doors are perfect for families and worth the extra.
wolverhampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We arrived the 18th Oct from Uk, had 2 amazing weeks in Orlando, the hotel room we were allocated was 4605 on 4th floor of tower, room size great, beds super comfy, 32" TV, coffee maker, iron, ironing board plus hair dryer. Free safe which you set your own code. Air con worked perfectly when we needed it. Maid service everyday, I had a good check and room was very clean, miniature shampoos and soap and lotion replenished if used. Front desk always ready and on hand to help if needed, they have a guest services desk that will arrange transfer coach to parks etc and also another desk for park tickets. Hotel was very quiet whilst we were there, a few more ppl appeared at weekends but from my guess this time of year it is low season for them. Water park was empty at times so my son felt abit lonely, but enjoyed having a good splash around, whilst I caught some sun, which believe me for 13 out if 14 dys was glorious! The One day we had to where hoodies but still had shorts on at park. Maybe could have done with them in restaurants of evening or on buses/trolley as air con is GOOD out there! Hotel shop abit dear but expected for onsite store, son bought a couple $5 cards to play on arcade which was good not to have to keep handing out change. Only used food area once but thought the mini chick fillets and fries were decent and at $7 not over priced at all. The plastic cup you cAn buy and get free refills is super value but as we didn't spend a lot of time we didn't take up offer, but would definitely if returned. I have only 1 worry and that was there is nothing to stop anyone from entering hotel grounds at all! They are numerous ways in from car park sides and nobody checks who you are, so for us being in tower was a must! But if any undesirable wanted to get in there they could. I did also think to myself if you had small children they could wander off out easily. But from what I've seen all hotels on I drive seen exactly the same. So is not a bad mark against cocokey whatsoever! I think the location is 100% perfect for everything we desired, Dunkin donuts and baskin robins next door, we had amazing service from the girls there, and if your on budget it's a must! Best frozen coffee and shakes we had, chillis restaurant over road which is very popular and good quality, Denny's/IHOP who we also used a lot , decent in expensive options, then the list just goes on, Chinese/Italian/Indian/takeaways Could choose different place to eat on doorstep every night if we had wanted. I trolley pass was used everyday with stop rights outside hotel. We loved the built up part where we were with all the lights and action, but Also went to check out by Rosen pointe orlando which I had contemplated, again very nice area, can see the newer side to it, but again it suited us having everything right on door step, as opposed to hopping on and off trolley to go eat etc. The further towards Seaworld you go would be far to baron for myself, but plenty of nice looking hotels everywhere you look. I really so want to take the rest of my family out to visit next year, it was the best experience ever!

• Stayed October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I had a great time omg. It was great! My kids are 3 and 6 years of age(boys) and they really loved it. This hotel location is great. This was my first time in Orlando and what a great way to spend it. I loved it my husband as well. I will be going back.

Room Tip: I stay on the first floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort? Share your experiences!