“Housekeeping let's it down” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7400 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #153 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Housekeeping let's it down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a 15 night stay here, and on the whole it is a great hotel. Great location, and efficient reception staff. We had no housekeeping service for 2 days, and when they did turn up, had such a bad attitude. Other days they knocked early, before 9am, and just offered clean towels and asked you to sign that they'd been. I asked if they minded coming back later, and sometimes they did, sometimes they didn't!!
The water park was ok, but nothing special. The water was very cold, and half is undercover, also doesn't open until 11am. Again the changing area and toilets were dirty, even when the pool had just opened.
The other pool area was good, lovely jacuzzi, plenty of beds and heated.
If the housekeeping team could get their act together this would be a great hotel. Great location, plenty to do, just needs a good clean!!

Room Tip: We stayed in block 5, would advise away from the water park.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy parts of your stay with us. We will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate departments. Regarding our water park pool temperatures, each of our pools are heated to 84 degrees Fahrenheit and the temperatures are monitored and checked throughout the day every day. Again we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you faced during your stay. We would have liked to provide you with a solution during your stay with us. Please contact us at comments@cocokeyorlando.com so we may try and provide you with a solution. We hope that you will consider staying with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Polish first
East Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was our first trip to the USA and we were recommended this hotel purely for the water park element for our daughters aged 8 & 4 and it's central location to all attractions. We booked over 15 months before going and I have to admit the reviews I read from a number of previous guest scared the life out of me as not great reviews from a few but I have to say the staff were all very polite and helpful, rooms clean and tidy and just what you need as a base for your hectic days out. The pool was open until late if you wanted to swim in the evening and the water park was fab not too big but enough to suit all ages and my girls loved it, lots of life guards and all very polite. The location was good as near to all attractions (we had a car so no more than 20 mins to anything big) but bus stops right outside and car park had plenty of spaces. The resort does become busy Friday to Monday with weekend getaway guest but always plenty of tables and chairs round pools and sun loungers. This was a great base with restaurants within walking distance and shops typical tourist shops or slightly further round the corner a walmart 5min drive. So please don't be put off this hotel it's a really lovely place for the family. Thanks coco key for a lovely stay. Ps only negative note is air con unit was noisy but so tired from busy days we zonked out anyway.

Room Tip: Try to request a room anywhere but around the inside part of water park very noisy with water and pe...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

me and my family just got back from an 8 day 7 night stay at the coco key water resort in Orlando Florida on international drive.

first I must say thank you so much to chamalie, or shamalie at the front desk! great service from her and the rest of the staff were great!

this resort does have a $19 resort fee per day but we booked thru jet blue getaways and it was only $10 each day total $70 for the week.(includes parking wifi,resort and more)

first- the check in was great. we got to MCO (Orlando) at 9 am and went to dollar rental car ( highly recommended) sign up for their specials! weekly deals sent to us ,pay with a master card or visa and no need to buy insurance(please confirm with your credit card company)
we went to Disney animal kingdom since check in was at 4 PM. - we left the park and then hopped over to epcot and checked in at 10:45pm with no problems! -
they will make you fill out a form if you have a car so that they don't tow you away,and ask that you pay the resort fee up front of $70 and ask for a credit card deposit of $50 .

the water resort itself opens at 11 am until 5PM and its a blast! great lifeguards doing their jobs and not messing around chit chatting or using phones! they are strict and do their jobs well. the game room is great also with pizza hut right inside the property. great bar and grill as well,your family will love it.

the rooms are huge! we got the king size bed with pull out couch over looking the water resort in main building 6 ( its the tallest building on the property) the other rooms are all located on a two level building that makes it look like a motel. elevators are fast and fresh!

room housekeeping is also great and will make the room fresh by 3-PM - they start on one side of the hallway and work their way around to all the rooms. I always left notes with the tip and what I needed. they always gave me AAA+ SERVICE.

parking was plentiful but I always preferred to park in front of the hotel entrance where the car was visible to everyone.

they have several people in the lobby selling advance tickets to anything and everything in Orlando. I recommend their service as I found out that they were much cheaper then buying directly from the theme parks.

the main hotel pool was awesome and has a Jacuzzi open from 8 am until 10pm ,with a heating area to sit and enjoy some beers.

we visited the actual water park 4 times within our 8 day 7 night stay and it was more then enough for us.

if you are a big family and want value for your money then I recommend this hotel!

I couldn't believe their were people lining up to buy wet and wild tickets just a few blocks away.this to me seems like a bad deal. they would spend on a hotel and pay for a water park separate.

air conditioner was cold and not noisy like many state on hear with their reviews( folks have to stop stating untrue facts)

we also loved that they had self service laundry in building 7 next to the water park. for $2.50 you are able to wash your clothing in the speed queen machine and dry your clothing for an additional $2.50 . you can sit and watch television while washing and drying your clothing. (we used the credit card ) no coins accepted

so if you aren't a picky chooser and love to be near everything! then I highly recommend the coco key water resort!!!!!!!! also just found out theirs one near us in new jersey.

great family place ,great staff, and great everything. nothing bad to say here.

Room Tip: we stayed at the main building 6 room 6415 on 4th floor! view of the resort! we loved it very much!
Kingston,TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Where do I start? Just got back from a 3 night stay with my family. We stayed 5 nights at disney so maybe that affected my outlook on this hotel. First of all let me say that the water park is great and my kids loved it. As far as the rooms go, this an old hotel and the rooms have been remodeled to look really nice. In the three days that we were there we never got any maid service, there was a spider in our bed when we turned down the sheets, a cockroach crawling up the wall, no soap, shower drain did not drain at all, room smelled like mildew, air did not work well at all. I went to the front desk and spoke to a girl at the desk and she was kinda rude and golf me that all I had to do was tell them and they would fix everything! So we went to universal for the day and came back around 5:00 and nothing on the list had been done. I called and asked for the supervisor and was brought some towels , soap and they took our trash. Upon arriving home I checked my credit card and it looks like they screwed up and charged my in laws bill to my credit card. I am really not looking forward to dealing with anyone from this hotel. It is apparent that customer service is not a priority of theirs! Only stay for the water park.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for providing us with feedback. We apologize for an inconvenience you may have experience while staying at our property. We will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate departments. Regarding our guestrooms and housekeeping, each room is cleaned and resupplied everyday throughout the day to help maintain a great guest experience. It is important to CoCo Key that each of our guests has a great experience while staying with us. Again, we apologize that you did not have a pleasant experience with us; we would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution during your stay. Please email us at 'comments@cocokeyorlando.com' so that we may try and provide you with a solution. We hope that you reconsider and decide to visit our hotel and water park again.
Enfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This place is awesome! The rooms were exceptionally clean with very little to No noise drifting into our room from the other rooms or surrounding areas. The grounds are continually supervised by CoCo Keys staff. Very safe place to stay! Everything in and around the property is super clean! The staff is over-the-top friendly and acknowledges you every time they see you. The little on-site store is great for picking up items you need last minute. We loved staying there with two 12 year old kids. Movies at the pool in the evening was an added treat! The outdoor fireplace was beautiful and relaxing to watch as we sat in the hot tub. Very nice place, would definitely recommend this site to any family considering a stay in Orlando!

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are very convenient. Ask for a pool-side room!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stay with this hotel every time we go to Orlando. It's perfect in the event the day is rainy or you get too hot at the park or you are just don't feel like dealing with crowds. A good majority of the waterpark is covered and right next to the arcade and the restaurant. The swimming pool is open even after the waterpark closes. The only thing I would change, is the time that the water park closes. When we stayed, the water park was closing at like 5 pm and by the time we got back from the parks, we didn't get to play at the water park. Makes for an upset 5 year old! lol We still had a blast and continue to stay there every time we go. This is the first place we stayed and we've never had a desire to go to another hotel. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are updated, fun, and clean, pillows are fluffy, and there's nothing bad to say about this place. Staff is fun and entertaining and they have amazing activities for the kids at the pool, although it is more focused towards the older kids.

Still, GREAT PLACE!! LOVE IT!!! 5 Stars or Circles or whatever!!!

Room Tip: if you plan on staying at the parks all day, get a room near the pool. If you're only going to...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The service was excessively polite, and the place was far better than I originally thought. I only stayed for the hotel, did not use the water park, but it was very clean and quiet. I recommend this place.

Room Tip: I didn't choose a room facing the pool so I didn't hear any noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort? Share your experiences!