“Good value with a travel voucher.” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7400 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #150 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Sarasota, Florida
“Good value with a travel voucher.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed here using a discounted travel voucher and were pleased with the value for the price paid. The weather was too cold to use the water park but it looked like a lot of fun for kids (we're adults but would have rode a few rides if it was warmer). The hotel pool was heated to a fantastic temperature for winter. Only complaints were that the pillows were WAY too poofy to sleep comfortably on. I had to fold some of my clothes and sleep on them so I woke up sore and not in tip-top shape to hit the theme parks. They did not have other options. Even my husband, who is larger than me, was uncomfortable with the pillows. The rooms are very bright at night from the lights coming in from the water park.

Very close to Universal Studios. We read the shuttle schedule wrong and missed the shuttle and the taxi was $10.

Room Tip: If you are a late sleeper, do not stay near the water park because the music is blasted once they op...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Booked with this hotel as part of a package (Flight, Hotel and Universal Attractions) with Expedia for 5 days. Basically, for the price, it was relatively cheap when I booked the package and do not have any complaints.

I was grateful to be accommodated by the Manager on Duty (Andrew) for an extremely early check-in (7am) and was not charged. Also, the young lady who checked me in was a very pleasant, informative employee.

We were lucky to get in one day in the water park (only $5. per person) when the temperature hit near 80 degrees and we had the park to ourselves; only about 10 other persons in the area. Their park is not spectacular but very good for a few hours with 11+ water slides and 2 pools mostly catering to children. There are 3 more advanced slides that were fun and more than enough lifeguards on duty to feel secure at anytime.

Other than that, I used the Business Center and the bought some sundries in the shop but did not use any other amenities of the hotel. Housekeeping did a great job in the cleanliness of the room but I had to call at check-in due to a damaged lampshade that was very noticeable.

The hotel is in the best location, I believe, in the International Drive area close to several restaurants and Wet and Wild a short distance away.

I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Wish I heeded the few negative reviews I read and did not book our stay here. If our fee was refundable we would have left as soon as we arrived. There is a resort fee on top of the nightly fee, The room had musty smell, the a/c was like cursed it was making horrible sounds it kept us up for 2 nights until we finally just unplugged it on the third and last night if our stay. The washroom looked clean but doesn't smell disinfected. The 2 stars are for the comfy bed and the spacious room but that's about it. The waterpark is only open between 11-5 so we didn't even make it there during our stay. Why bother having a play area when it's hardly available. It's also a motel style kind of hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We would have liked the opportunity to provide you with another room during your stay. Additionally, our water park is available to guests the day they check-in, throughout their stay, and the day they check-out so that guests have many opportunities to enjoy the water park. We hope you reconsider and decide to stay with us again.
Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here in october 2012 for 2 weeks in total there were 4 adults and 3 children who were aged 1,6 and 7. We all had a great time the rooms were spacious and cleaned daily . We even needed a kettle to make our daughters bottles and this was brought up to our room at 6am. The waterpark is nice and wasnt to busy also there were a lot of life guards on duty. The hotel is in a an ideal location. We would all definatly go back

• Stayed October 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

First night was a bit bumpy, everything was closed and had some mechanical issues later with ac. BUT... The staff made everything right and even gave us one night at no charge for the inconveniences. Pool area is gorgeous and clean. Nice hot tub . The water park is a great value and convenient if you have kids. Free shuttles daily to and from parks. PizzA hut and restaurant and bar on premises as well as over priced convenience store. Lots to do right outside your door and a short walk up I-drive. I would tell my friends to stay here. Recommended.

• Stayed November 2012
birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel had everything a child could ask for.We went to florida with all the theme parks possible but my child was more interested in the water feature at the coco keys, she coudnt waite to get back. A great hotel , my only complaint was that the cleaning could have been better with alot of dust around and the air con was noisey. I have stayed in a lot of villas and thought that was the best way to stay but having stayed at the coco keys it has changed my mind.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay. We are so pleased to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us! We will be sure to address the issue of cleaning to our housekeeping department. We hope to see you again on your return trip to Orlando!
Vero Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My stay at the Coco Key resort has been awesome. Check in was quick and efficient, was given my water park passes and info about the resort. My room is in building 6, interior corridors and central to all. Even the outside rooms look nice, I peeked into one where the door was open for housekeeping. Have breakfast, the buffet is good (eggs, meats, waffles etc) and the staff wonderful. All the staff in fact are wondrful, saying hi whenever they see you, definitely a mood booster. Its been chilly but the main pool is heated and still fun. The water park had people but I wasn't that brave...to face the cold. Transportation is offered to Seaworld and Universal, theres the I Drive trolley and bus stops right in front of the resort, no car needed. I didn't have dinner at the resort, there are so many places to eat on Intl Drive, including the largest McDonalds. Definitely stay here, play at the water park and have fun.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort? Share your experiences!