“we had a lovely stay, great location and would recommend to familys” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort

Special Price
Non-Refundable Rate
Ranked #149 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
midlands, uk
“we had a lovely stay, great location and would recommend to familys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We recently returned back from a 2 week stay at Coco keys, after readin reviews on here I wasnt to sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. Hotel was clean, rooms were spacious, waterpark was fun and hotel guest pool was a great place to chill out. Staff helpfull and friendly. Hotel resturant isnt very good and felt pizza hut was run by kids so didnt go back.
Hotel is great location on international drive for malls, shops, restaurants and bars. Local to sea world, universal, wet & wild etc. Only down side is Disney is a taxi ride away costing $30-40 each way, we spent a fortune as we were doing disney parks so my advise for people just doing Disney is to pay extra to stay at Disney as transfers to all their own parks are free but Coco key is great location for everything else..
Great holiday, 2nd time just as magical as 1st.

Room Tip: i would advise a room away from waterpark as the area is very busy and noisy.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Spring Hill
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Overall the price for our stay per night + the $20 for the waterpark was not bad. The arcade and water parks were great. Also the restaurants and hotel store were reasonable. But the rooms were outdated and I didn't feel comfortable sleeping there. I would probably stay at another hotel and maybe do just the waterpark & arcade. Also there were lifeguards everywhere. So this resort took more than enough precautions for safety. The management staff however was rude and unresponsive. I lost an expensive pair of prescription sunglasses. When I called down to the desk to see if anyone had picked them up, I could not get through. After several attempts I finally got through and was hung up on twice. When I walked to the front desk, the person knew she hung up on me and tried her best to ignore me. When I asked the manager standing there for help he also ignored me and was clearly annoyed by my presense. After waiting there with the staff not acknowleding me, I finally gave up. They never looked for me and I never found them. I would be very nervous staying there again by the lack of help from the Management and personel at the front desk, in case something more serious should happen which would require their action.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We pride ourselves in guest service and the ability to follow up with any issues in a timely manner. Additionally, we will follow up with our housekeeping and front office departments to determine if your sunglasses are in our lost & found. Furthermore, we are glad that you enjoyed your time in our water park and hope that you reconsider and decide to stay with us again.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

If you wish to take advantage of the hotel/water park package, book beginning on Wednesday because the water resort does not open Monday and Tuesday until 4:00 pm and closes at 9:00 pm. Starting Wednesday the hours are 10:00 am until 9:00 pm. If you have kids, this would prove to be beneficial because of the extended time for them to fully enjoy themselves.

Mason
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011 via mobile

nice little waterpark, outdoor slides and covered area out of the sun for kids & mom too. buffet at the restaurant was forgettable and over priced, but the kids loved the cheesy karaoke. we would return to the water park again for the right price when in the orlando area. our room was another story. we had an outdoor entrance in the single story hotel rooms. landscaping was nice, but still had feel of an older washed up hotel with jewelry. when we entered our room we were pleasantly surprised with the decor. it was very well decorated with little beach ball pillows on the beds. cute with the whole coco key theme. room was dark and musty though with a damp fee. so damp that the very nice bedding felt moist. when we would brush our teeth at the sink, water would drip down on us from some type of dated hvac unit in the ceiling. by 5 am we felt so moist ourselves that we packed up early to see if we could get an early check-in for our next hotel. so in all, great decor and cleaning just can't overcome outdated hvac issues of an old motel. nice place for a waterpark day trip at the right price.

• Stayed April 2011
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here with my wife and my 10 year old brother in law, the rooms were good and the water park was great fun (With plenty of life guards) they also had a seperate pool without the slides etc and a jacuzzi.

A good size arcade and a Pizza hut on site, good location being very close to most theme parks as its in the centre of International Drive.

The only issue we had (Which was resolved) was one with a safety deposit box, they are not in the room but located in reception with only around 40 with around 3 times the amount of rooms.

Ask for a safety deposit bix as soon as you arrive.

I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

stayed here with my family.we stayed in the tower type of accomadation.the room was clean,spacious and suitable for our needs.it provided free shuttles to universal,seaworld,aquatica,,,there is a desk where you can buy or request tickets ,transfers etc.the ladies serving are very helpfull and answer any questions you may have. there is a dunken donuts next door which do lovely sandwiches aswell as donuts,,cicis pizza buffet across the street,tarten kilt pub and eatery is across the street,just down the road is macdonalds,golden corral,shops and many other things,either left or right of the hotel,,so is in a great place if you dont have a car.the trolley stop for i drive trolley is just outside to the left of the hotel.if you want to go to the disney parks its loads cheaper to use a shared shuttle normally $8 return.this has been put in my other review off lastyear.it will save you a fortune.we used it its fab .the waterpark in hotel is great ,with lifegaurds.my little boy had a great time..and so did us adults.hope this review helps any questions please ask .

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Our weekend getaway at CoCo key was so much fun. We took two children, ages 4 & 12. The set up made it easy to supervise them & they both had a blast in the pool/slide areas. The arcade looked awesome too although we did not spend much time there. The room was kinda basic, but it was clean & it had a mini fridge & coffee maker. The beds were comfortable. Be aware there is a daily resort fee (I believe it is $19.00/day) which includes water park admission for 4 people. There is also a small fee ($3.00) for use of pool towels. The location is superb & overall it is a great value. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort? Share your experiences!