“Just okay” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Breezy Point, Minnesota
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This was a business trip and hotel was booked for me by co workers. The staff was great and the lobby very comfortable. The hotel did not have a dinner restaurants but you can order food off a limited menu. The wine selection is very limited (red Mondavi merlot and cab) so bring your own bottle. My room was spacious but did not have a bath tub or microwave. It did have a refrigerator. The bed was very comfortable. The pool area is small and it did not have a hot tub.
It is in walking distance of a Walgreens and TGIF.

Room Tip: Ask ahead if you want a microwave or bath tub.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
It's important to us that you have an exceptional experience during your stay and this does not sound like the case. I hope that you will choose to stay with us in the future and please let us know what we could do to make your stay exceptional. All of our KING rooms have walk in showers, however we do offer Double rooms that have bath tubs. We also have a microwave available in the guest kitchen and they are available in the room upon request. We offer a variety of wine including Pinot Noir, Carbernet, Merlot, White Zinfandel, Pinot Grigio, and Chardonnay. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Easy check-in, easy check-out, friendly staff and great breakfast! What more could we ask?
My husband and I stayed for two nights. The location is great...close to most area attractions. The bar area is split in half by the check-in desk. This is actually nice because there is always someone there to see that you're taking care of. My husband went for a drink while waiting for me to get ready for dinner. The bartender was pleasant and offered some good dining and show suggestions. A very relaxing atmosphere when planning a few days minus the kids!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our Gallery bar area and our convenient location to area attractions. We hope to see you back for a future stay!
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I booked a 3 night stay at this hotel to visit Universal Orlando. First off this hotel is directly across from Universal so you can actually see some of the attractions from the room. From the time I arrived everything was perfect. My room was changed without me having to ask to a higher floor because there was a school booked on the floor I was originally supposed to stay on. The room was spacious and very clean. The beds were comfy. Jenny was so sweet. I mentioned it was my son's birthday and received an awesome cookie and cupcake with Happy 14th Birthday drizzled in icing. Phillip was there in the morning and made sure our breakfast was perfect. He was so much fun and even provided my nephew (2 years old) with a hyatt backpack filled with goodies. The cleaning service was good with Ms. Wong being a sweetheart and leaving extra pillows and blankets. I loved the hotel but the customer service was the best. My family was treated so kind that I will be returning later this summer when I visit Disney World.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the middle of the floor. I had 707 and it was perfect.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Wow! I'm so happy to hear what an exceptional experience you had with us. We love the team we have here and I will be sure to share with them that you loved them too! Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your stay and for choosing to stay with us! We hope to see you again!
Somersworth, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Just got back from a 4 night stay and had a wonderful time. There were five of us, my family of four and my daughters boyfriend. I was a little unsure how the room would work out for us, but it was a great set up. Two double beds a partition and then a sofa bed. The partition added the perfect amount of privacy. Also the sofa bed area had it's own sink, mirror and vanity area. Very helpful for the group of us. The room had a great lay out with a modern feel. I loved the cubbies under the TV, made from some handy extra storage for shoes and bags etc. The bathroom was VERY small, but it gave us extra room space. The breakfast was fantastic, so many delicious choices and plenty of room to sit and enjoy it. The staff were all so friendly and helpful and genuinely happy. Amy and her staff made us all very very welcome. I wish I could remember all their names as they all deserve a mention. The hotel was very convenient for our daily visits to Universal studios and the shuttle service to and from was excellent. The bus drivers were so friendly. We did walk back from the park one day, which took about 20mins. You do have to cross a busy road, but there is pedestrian walkways. We will be sure to stay here again if we are in the area and highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
It sounds like you had a fantastic stay with us! I'm so delighted to hear that. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time out to tell us about it! We will see you next time.
San Salvador, El Salvador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Very clean well updated rooms for a decent price. Very roomy suite comfortable bedding. Would definitely consider staying here with the entire family... Breakfast was delicious many options to pick from. Chose to use shuttle service to park but decided to walk back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our rooms and complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you back soon!
Virginia b
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We checked in on tues. The staff were all so friendly and helpful. The hotel room was nice although the bathroom is extremely small. The breakfast was good every morning and looked forward to our chat with Phillip... He was so nice and gave us some good site seeing tips... We would stay here again for sure...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
It's a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay and your chat with our wonderful Gallery Host Phillip during breakfast. Thank you for taking the time to tell us. We hope to see you back! Thank you!
LaBelle, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Great place to stay at. The staff was very friendly and and helpful, they greeted us each time we walked by if we were coming or going. The rooms were nice and perfect sizes. Thanks Farrah and Amy for all the information on where to go to have some fun Friday and Saturday night. I will for sure stay at the Hyatt again if i am in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our property. I'm glad to hear that Farah and Amy were able to assist you! We look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Hyatt Place Orlando Universal? Share your experiences!