“Hands down the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #84 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Alva, Florida
“Hands down the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed at this Hotel for my best friends bachelorette weekend get away! It was hands down the best! The staff were all so welcoming. They really cared about us having a good time and made sure we new the best places to eat and also best places for us to all let loose and have a great time! We were a rowdy bunch and they handled us very well! I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area! The rooms were very clean and very nice! Special shout out to Farrah and Frank! You both rock!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for spending your bachelorette weekend with us. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again!

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Wizarding Word of HP was our primary reason for our visit to Orlando. 15 mins walk to Universal - perfect location. Farah, Amy and all the front of the house staff showed exemplary customer service skills. Hyatt is lucky to have them.

As soon as we walked out to the hall on our floor, smell of cleaning product was overwhelming which continued into the room. Cannot open the windows which prevented us from airing the room out.

We associate strong cleaning product smell to covering up an odour. I highly suggest you source a less offensive product as I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering why you use such a strong and peculiar product.

Washer/dryer available at neighboring Holiday Inn.

Cons:
Overpowering cleaning product smell.
Elevator - painfully slow.
Bathroom - tiny.
Bath towels - thin.
Breakfast - not a fan of their skillet thing, found them too salty. Prefer simple scrambled eggs or omelettes.

Pros:
Staff, free parking, large room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our property. I'm am delighted to hear that your enjoyed Farah and Amy's attentive service. I would like to apologize for the strong smell of cleaning product. Each day we deep clean 5 of our guest rooms and this entails deep extraction cleaning of our carpets. While we try not to place guest near these rooms or back into these rooms right after cleaning we do have to utilize these rooms once the others have filled. If notified by a guest of any chemical or cleaning allergies we do try to meet these needs, just let us know before checking in. I hope that you will join us again in the future, Thank you!
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 week with 4 and 6 year olds while visiting Disney, Seaworld and Legoland.

Pros:
Large sectional sofa
Sink/wet bar area
Sofa bed was very comfortable
Amy and Phillip were extremely friendly, kind and helpful at breakfast.
Plenty of fresh towels at pool.

Cons:
Toilet had to be tilted sideways in order to shut bathroom door making it difficult to bath children
Hot breakfast options were hard microwave pancakes/french toast, powdered scrambled eggs or pre made microwaved sandwiches.
Staff did not refill coffee canisters during breakfast once coffee ran out. Tiny hall when exiting elevator on main level making it difficult to navigate luggage if other guests are entering/exiting.
Towels were replaced and beds made daily but no vacuuming or wiping down counters during our stay.
No laundry area in building.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is important to me that our guests have an exceptional experience while staying with us and this does not sound like the case. We are proud to offer our hot skillet breakfast each morning which is made fresh and never in a microwave. Our Hyatt Place Signature Breakfast Sandwich is made with an Egg Patty, Applewood Smoked Bacon & Sliced Gouda Cheese on our signature Potato Roll that is toasted through an oven. We hope you will give it a try in the future. Thank you for your feedback on our bathroom layout. While we are not able to change it here at our property it helps in creating new hotel layouts that meet and exceed guests needs. Thank you!
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We were really great welcomed by friendly and informing staff. The room was big and clean, and the breakfast had what we needed. There are shuttle buses to Universal, but if you want to get there in time you have to book in advance since there are a few spaces. The first ones were fully booked so we decided to take a walk instead. A great choice! It is a nice walk which is easy to find and it takes maximum 20 min to walk! We bought our entrance tickets and express passes at the hotel and that worked out perfect. The TGI Friday restaurant in the hotel next door is really good for dinner.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed our convenient location across the street from Universal Studios. We hope to see you back!
tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

This hotel is consistent with other HP hotels I have stayed at. We stayed here bc we planned on going to City Walk. Ita cloae enough that you can actually walk. I also liked that it isn closer to the Mall at Millennia. Overall the two day stay was enjoyable. The hotel itself was not noisy, it was clean, and the free breakfast was nice. I would stay again. A great value ans location. Only con is the bathroom is incredibly small. If that doesn't bother you then this place is perfect.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Your feedback is very important to us. We look forward to seeing you again.
Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Well I would say my Christmas vacation at Orlando was glorified by my stay at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal. My Room was just great with good view - everything was clean & my bed comfy. The location is perfect as it is very close to Universal Studios theme park - one can just walk in case one misses the free shuttle provided by the hotel. Breakfast was good as there were a lot of options to choose from but sometimes the place gets crowded in times like Christmas. The staff is very courteous and polite and helped me out whenever needed. I especially thank the lady at guest services who helped me decide the perfect place to visit on the Christmas day - SeaWorld; it indeed turned out to be a very special Christmas because of this :)

The hotel has a lot of pros but there are a few cons like the internet worked really really slow in my room; since I was on vacation it didn't turn out to be a dampener. Still, I hope the hotel management looks into it and rectify the situation. One of the staff later pointed out that I should have specifically asked for a room with good wi-fi signal. Well, I would always assume that internet would work fine in any room as the room description itself includes hi-speed internet. Also, though the room was really nice and spacious, the bathroom was a bit small and crammed which I disliked. Another suggestion is that shuttle frequencies should be increased during vacation time like Christmas.

However, these are just minor hitches and I believe issues like internet would be resolved in near future. As far as my stay is concerned, I sure loved it. It is not just because of the room and comfort; it is because of the charming, ever smiling and helpful staff at the hotel. The staff definitely deserve kudos. All in all, this is an awesome hotel and I would highly recommend it!!

Room Tip: In case you need good wifi connectivity in the room, you should specifically point it out before che...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. The complimentary shuttle that goes to Universal Studios is operated by Universal Studios and they have added more pickup times for your convenience. All of our rooms are Wi-Fi accessible, we do not have any that are more accessible then others. We do have a 24/7 on call IT department available to assist with any Wi-Fi access problems. We hope to see you again for a future visit!
Camdenton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

As expected from a quality national chain. Busy Orlando location that gets lots of hard use- but everything was as expected and up to standards- even bath. Although we did not ask for it, we were given accessible room that was extraordinarily difficult to use and to work and use given the alternative use- but clean and equipped. Very good breakfast.

Room Tip: If you don't need an accessible room, don't take one if given. Difficult to stay in.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Your feedback is important to us, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

Been to Hyatt Place Orlando Universal? Share your experiences!