“Good Value for a Disney Resort ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of B Resort & Spa

You added B Resort & Spa to your Saves list
B Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1905 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Orlando, FL 32830 (Lake Buena Vista)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #92 of 328 Hotels in Orlando
“Good Value for a Disney Resort ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We purchased our 1 night stay from Groupon, and the value was good for a Disney Resort. The hotel and rooms are clean and decorated very modern and trendy. The on-site restaurant was delicious; a little pricey, but on par with other resort restaurants. We didn't really get to enjoy the amenities during our short stay, but from what we saw of the pool, kids rec room, bar & courtyard they were very nice.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I visited this hotel this past weekend for a family wedding, The place was immaculate, the staff was friendly and the spa was very relaxing! The hotel had an amazing outdoor atmosphere . I highly recommend this hotel when you are in Orlando!!!

Stayed May 2015
Dear AtomA:
Thank you for taking the time to “post” on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. it is great to read the nice comments on the resort and amenities.
I have reviewed all of your comments with my team and thank you for letting me know.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look to “B” of service to you again in the near future.
Have a nice week.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I don't even know where to begin with the B Resort. Okay so lets start with the staff. Upon arrival which was around 10:30pm, our family (my husband, my 2 year old, and myself) were beyond famished. We decided to call room service, and the representative was beyond rude. First, and foremost their in room dining menu is limited. There was no kids menu, and when I asked if they had something for kids, she sarcastically said, "fries." Then she recommended that we ordered from a third party pizza place the company partnered with.

Second, on the next day, our cleaning lady arrived at 9:00 am after a "do not disturb" sign was in place. I advised in a polite manner that we were leaving shortly, and she said she would be back. After a long day at the park, we came back to our room at 2:45 pm, and our room wasn't cleaned. She was probably very busy, and I can understand that. However, what I can't understand is the response I received from housekeeping, it was less than favorable. I told her that my room hadn't been cleaned, and she said, "so you would like a full service?" She was somehow surprised by my request. If i paid for the room, and the ridiculous resort fees I believe I should be entitled to have my room attended to especially since it hadn't been done from the get go.

Third, yesterday was our last night, and we wanted to enjoy it to the fullest. We went upstairs to witness the fireworks, and immediately after walking out of the elevator I slipped on spilled water and fell. I have a bulged disc in my neck and had to remain in bed for the remainder of the night. However, I took the time to immediately contact the front desk to advise them of the incident so that they could send someone to clean the area so this wouldn't happen to another person. She didn't ask for my well being. It's a simple question. She just said "well ill send someone to clean it." and hung up.

Lastly, once we got home, I took a look at my account and noticed that they over charged me for my stay. Now I am in the process of filing a dispute with the hotel. Not only did this happen to me, but this happened to my parents who paid in cash, but were also charged on their account. Not only were they charged twice, but they overcharged them.

Finally. We come to Orlando frequently, and remembered this hotel when it was once known as the Royal Plaza. And they did quite a good job making COSMETIC changes to this place. When we got to the room the smell of mold was definitely present. My husband, daughter and myself had a hard time breathing every night we were there. How could we tell??? Because by the time we left that hotel we were able to breath perfectly fine.

I refuse to stay here. Upon checking out I told the front desk member of our experience including my fall, and I made an appointment with my doctor to make sure the damage to my neck did not escalate.

Dear BkyalZ:
Thank you for taking the time to “post” on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. Rest assured based on your feedback, we did not live up to your or my expectations relating to your overall visit – my apologies I am disappointed as your feedback is not typical for this team. If I may ask, please send me via email your phone number, so I may call and apologize and to see how you are doing after your fall. My email is, Keith.Wolling@bresortlbv.com.
I have reviewed all of your comments with my team for follow-up and thank you for letting me know.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

This was a very nice stay.My son and I stayed only 1 night.Walking distance to downtown disney and easy to find.Rooms very nice and spacious.The negative was very hot in lobby and halls.Also there was a hair on counter in bathroom and a reddish stain on comforter.Got a great price on Expedia and would stay again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear Mariannepalmbay:

Have a nice week.
Miramar, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was our first stay at this Disney owned hotel. We chose it because we had family stay here before, the price, and location to Downtown Disney. To keep the review simple here are the Pros and Cons:

Cons:
The a/c in our room was constantly running, because the room didn't get cold enough, and we did not have it set too low
The a/c in our room was loud, but we got used to it
The a/c in the Kid Zone was not on when I took my kids there, so it was hotter in there than it was outside
It seemed to me that they were in a rush to makeover the hotel and painted everything, from walls, to floors, to ceilings white, and didn't take time to make sure finer details were taken care of
Shower head in our room did not adjust and not installed correctly. Also tub did not drain properly
No coffee maker in the room
No drawers in our room. Our family of 4 had 4 cubbies to store our clothes and belongings. Our other option was to keep them in our suitcase.
They do not have a fridge in the room, it is a beverage cooler
The closet door in out room was not installed properly and would slide to one side so you could never close it completely.
No free parking
There was one elevator in the entire hotel...after reading other reviews this lead us to choose a first floor room, so we didn't have to use the elevator
Ants in the patio area outside the room

Pros:
Location to Downtown Disney
Use of Aveda bathroom products
Free bottles of water in the room and replaced every day
Lobby was nicely decorated and welcoming
All staff we encountered were friendly, courteous, and helpful
Free in-room wifi
First floor pool view was ideal for us. Could go swimming and directly back to the room without having to walk through hotel.
Pool noise was no issue at night
These rooms also have a nice patio area to relax and spend time with the family
In-room service for breakfast was great. Large portions, and nicely presented. Enjoyed my morning cup of coffee on the patio with a view of the pool.

Even with the Cons we would stay here again, but with adjusted expectations and knowing what we know now. Our room was near a side entrance so we parked near that door to load and unload the car, and not have to walk through the lobby or take an elevator. We gave this review a 3/5 because we expected a more boutique feel with high-end finish and decor - based on their advertising. We didn't get that, but still enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: The first floor pool view room we stayed in was nice and convenient
Dear global__canuck6:
Thank you for taking the time to “post” on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. Rest assured based on your feedback, we did not live up to your or my expectations relating to your overall visit – I will do my best to address some of your “cons” from this visit: A/C – we did have a repair on Friday night and it did take the building some time to recover. As it relates to the redevelopment (not renovation) – we did not rush the process – the look is part of the “lifestyle” look and brand that has been introduced to the Downtown Disney area. Coffee makers – as a part of our B Social elements – we do have complimentary coffee daily in our restaurant from 6:30AM – 11AM. As your room was in the Lanai, you correct we have one elevator for this section of the Resort – but we have 4 elevators overall in the Hotel. I do appreciate your other positive feedback and thank you sharing .

Largo, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Still here now. For the price prepaid, make sure your NOT stuck in the 1st and 2nd leveled areas to the sides. Those are like totally mediocre when compared to the main part that has 20+ floors. for almost $300 dollars a night, the AC was louder than a car repair shop, your backdrop is an interstate with no seen security, make sure you got good insurance. 16$ for daily self parking to get potentially robbed. Room service for picca is a seperate joint a mile away and they are terrible. Didnt try regular roomservice.
No elevators in third world sections of hotel. Definitely the worst hotel I ever stayed in orlando, especially for price. Oh, took 3 hours to go down cool 1 degree. You have to set thermostat to 70, in order to reach 74, takes about 6 hours to cool to from 78 to 74.

Room Tip: get top floor. better off ar motel 6.
Dear Mick s:
Thank you for taking the time to “post” on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. Rest assured based on your feedback, we did not live up to your or my expectations relating to your overall visit – my apologies. To follow-up on your feedback – we have many room types in the Resort and based on your review – you purchased a room types located in the Lanai section of our hotel with many rooms overlooking the pool or parking areas. We do have an elevator is this section of the hotel – located close to the lobby after check in. I am sorry if you were not made aware of this. We do have 24 hour security on duty in the Resort. As it relates to the parking fees, yes, these fees are daily but we do run many “specials” throughout the year and at times waive these fees as part of the special. If you would like to share your phone number, I would be happy to give you a call and apologize. My email is:: Keith.Wolling@brsortlbv.com,

Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Everything about the stay from booking to checking out was handled with courtesy and professionalism. The accomodations were top notch. The architecture of the building itself was pleasing, not just another hotel. The layout of the rooms was very well done. I was very impressed with that resort.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Metro S:
Thank you for taking the time to “post” on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. it is great to read the nice comments on the resort amenities and being impressed overall with your stay..

Been to B Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!