“Loved it with mixed feelings” 3 of 5 stars
Review of B Resort & Spa

You added B Resort & Spa to your Saves list
B Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1905 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Orlando, FL 32830 (Lake Buena Vista)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #91 of 328 Hotels in Orlando
Miramar, Florida
“Loved it with mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was our first stay at this Disney owned hotel. We chose it because we had family stay here before, the price, and location to Downtown Disney. To keep the review simple here are the Pros and Cons:

Cons:
The a/c in our room was constantly running, because the room didn't get cold enough, and we did not have it set too low
The a/c in our room was loud, but we got used to it
The a/c in the Kid Zone was not on when I took my kids there, so it was hotter in there than it was outside
It seemed to me that they were in a rush to makeover the hotel and painted everything, from walls, to floors, to ceilings white, and didn't take time to make sure finer details were taken care of
Shower head in our room did not adjust and not installed correctly. Also tub did not drain properly
No coffee maker in the room
No drawers in our room. Our family of 4 had 4 cubbies to store our clothes and belongings. Our other option was to keep them in our suitcase.
They do not have a fridge in the room, it is a beverage cooler
The closet door in out room was not installed properly and would slide to one side so you could never close it completely.
No free parking
There was one elevator in the entire hotel...after reading other reviews this lead us to choose a first floor room, so we didn't have to use the elevator
Ants in the patio area outside the room

Pros:
Location to Downtown Disney
Use of Aveda bathroom products
Free bottles of water in the room and replaced every day
Lobby was nicely decorated and welcoming
All staff we encountered were friendly, courteous, and helpful
Free in-room wifi
First floor pool view was ideal for us. Could go swimming and directly back to the room without having to walk through hotel.
Pool noise was no issue at night
These rooms also have a nice patio area to relax and spend time with the family
In-room service for breakfast was great. Large portions, and nicely presented. Enjoyed my morning cup of coffee on the patio with a view of the pool.

Even with the Cons we would stay here again, but with adjusted expectations and knowing what we know now. Our room was near a side entrance so we parked near that door to load and unload the car, and not have to walk through the lobby or take an elevator. We gave this review a 3/5 because we expected a more boutique feel with high-end finish and decor - based on their advertising. We didn't get that, but still enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: The first floor pool view room we stayed in was nice and convenient
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Polish first
Largo, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Still here now. For the price prepaid, make sure your NOT stuck in the 1st and 2nd leveled areas to the sides. Those are like totally mediocre when compared to the main part that has 20+ floors. for almost $300 dollars a night, the AC was louder than a car repair shop, your backdrop is an interstate with no seen security, make sure you got good insurance. 16$ for daily self parking to get potentially robbed. Room service for picca is a seperate joint a mile away and they are terrible. Didnt try regular roomservice.
No elevators in third world sections of hotel. Definitely the worst hotel I ever stayed in orlando, especially for price. Oh, took 3 hours to go down cool 1 degree. You have to set thermostat to 70, in order to reach 74, takes about 6 hours to cool to from 78 to 74.

Room Tip: get top floor. better off ar motel 6.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Everything about the stay from booking to checking out was handled with courtesy and professionalism. The accomodations were top notch. The architecture of the building itself was pleasing, not just another hotel. The layout of the rooms was very well done. I was very impressed with that resort.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed at B Resort for a conference. Decor is VERY white and stark and modern, but to me it said "clean and new" which I like. Room was large and well appointed. Valet and Front Desk staff very personable and service-focused. Servers in the restaurants were hugely helpful and accommodating. All staff were very friendly and operated with high standards. Food was good. Hotel is walking distance to Downtown Disney and you can see the fireworks from rooms on the upper floors facing the appropriate direction. Over all a great experience (and the free wifi was a bonus!).

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Keith W, General Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Pchute:
Thank you for taking the time to “post” on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. It is great to read all the nice comments on the resort and amenities. I am very happy you made note that you had a great visit.
I have reviewed all of your comments with my team and thank you for letting me know.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look to “B” of service to you again in the near future.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I can't say enough about our stay at the B Resort & Spa. From the Valet, Front Desk, maintenance, Pick up Store, house keeping, Spa they have the greatest Customer Service! We are planning our next Stay.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Phyllis:
Thank you for taking the time to “post” on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback and the nice comments on our team.

Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The hotel is in a great location near the Disney properties and walking distance from downtown Disney. The hotel itself is bright and fresh when you walk through the door, but, as well, stark and cold in its decor. The air conditioning in the lobby and conference rooms was frigid. Upstairs in the guest rooms it was not working well at all. When I asked my colleagues at our conference if theirs was better, I found out that it was the same for the rest of the group and they had called to the front desk numerous times to see if it could be adjusted.

For us, the engineer came in the afternoon promising to fix it. When we got back to our room it was even worse. We called downstairs 3 times until someone would come and again nothing made a difference. One of the 3 elevators consistently broke down so having 2 elevators for a high rise hotel wasn't acceptable. We often had to wait 15 - 20 minutes for an elevator to come and get us downstairs.

The restaurant is cute in its design and the servers were fabulous. The food, however wasn't. The breakfast buffet had quite a few selections so was pretty good but the meals in the menu for dinner weren't up to par.

We would not return to this property again.

Room Tip: Make sure not to get a room near the elevators. The ice machine is so loud you can't hear yourse...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear abetter1:
Thank you for taking the time to post on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. Rest assured based on your feedback, we did not live up to your or my expectations relating to your overall ac operation in your guest room – this is not our standard and I will address the timeliness and follow-up by my team. My apologies! As it relates to the public area temperatures – with larger groups we monitor with the group leader to make sure the overall temperature is acceptable. If any adjustments are made, we work closely with the contact I am sorry about the one elevator being down, our focus is to address and follow-up timely, but at times the repair does take longer than expected. I am very sorry about that. Thank you for the nice comments on your breakfast experience but I will review your dinner feedback.
I have reviewed all of your comments with my team for follow-up and thank you for letting me know.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Had an enjoyable stay at b resort for 5 nights during our visits to all 4 Disney worlds. Room is clean and nice with my girl loving the plushie frog in the room. A few inconveniences I find, (1) not many food outlets with the nearest probably about 10-15min walk, (2) no appliances for preparing hot water for toddlers' formula milk but u could get it from the pickup, (3) charged for food at pickup which we did not incur (seems like it has happened before from the earlier review). Besides these, the resort is generally nice with additional plus point, nice American style BBQ buffet at americanq (the meat and sauces are great).

Stayed May 2015
Dear Venussnow:
Thank you for taking the time to “post” on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. it is nice to read all the nice comments on the resort from your 5 night stay – thank you!

Have a great weekend.

Been to B Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!