“Wonderful Stay @ B Resort & Spa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B Resort & Spa

You added B Resort & Spa to your Saves list
B Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1905 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Orlando, FL 32830 (Lake Buena Vista)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #89 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Cleveland, Ohio
“Wonderful Stay @ B Resort & Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I can't say enough about our stay at the B Resort & Spa. From the Valet, Front Desk, maintenance, Pick up Store, house keeping, Spa they have the greatest Customer Service! We are planning our next Stay.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel is in a great location near the Disney properties and walking distance from downtown Disney. The hotel itself is bright and fresh when you walk through the door, but, as well, stark and cold in its decor. The air conditioning in the lobby and conference rooms was frigid. Upstairs in the guest rooms it was not working well at all. When I asked my colleagues at our conference if theirs was better, I found out that it was the same for the rest of the group and they had called to the front desk numerous times to see if it could be adjusted.

For us, the engineer came in the afternoon promising to fix it. When we got back to our room it was even worse. We called downstairs 3 times until someone would come and again nothing made a difference. One of the 3 elevators consistently broke down so having 2 elevators for a high rise hotel wasn't acceptable. We often had to wait 15 - 20 minutes for an elevator to come and get us downstairs.

The restaurant is cute in its design and the servers were fabulous. The food, however wasn't. The breakfast buffet had quite a few selections so was pretty good but the meals in the menu for dinner weren't up to par.

We would not return to this property again.

Room Tip: Make sure not to get a room near the elevators. The ice machine is so loud you can't hear yourse...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Had an enjoyable stay at b resort for 5 nights during our visits to all 4 Disney worlds. Room is clean and nice with my girl loving the plushie frog in the room. A few inconveniences I find, (1) not many food outlets with the nearest probably about 10-15min walk, (2) no appliances for preparing hot water for toddlers' formula milk but u could get it from the pickup, (3) charged for food at pickup which we did not incur (seems like it has happened before from the earlier review). Besides these, the resort is generally nice with additional plus point, nice American style BBQ buffet at americanq (the meat and sauces are great).

Stayed May 2015
Port Townsend, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Booked through Travelzoo. Thought I got a pretty good rate but with the resort fee was tacked on it didn't feel so special. My "special Travelzoo deal" of a $30 daily spa credit wasn't utilized as we were at the Disney Resorts for two full days. Never used the pool. The staff was always friendly and helpful. We really appreciated their luggage storage and car parking after checkout time since we were at Disney until well after the dinner hour on the day we checked out. Beds were comfy, bathroom spacious, A/C kept the room comfortable, however the fan was noisy to listen to all night. We had a sliding glass door out to a balcony that could have sat a couple of small chairs - though the door only opened the width of a fist. Guess some guest ruined it for all of the rest of us and we must be protected.

The Pickup store near the pool made excellent lattes each morning. The American Q restaurant was expensive and my husband's chicken dinner was dry and tough, Mac and Cheese was bland and overall felt a bit high pressure on the sales side. The next night we got take out pizza from Uno Pizzeria and Grill at the Crossroads Shopping Center and it was wonderful.

You can purchase Disney passes in the official store in the lobby for the same price at the Disney gate. The shuttle buses pick up right in front of the hotel - be warned they pick up at several hotels and can be full. We had to stand the entire way to our destination at Epcot. Not easy given all the starts/stops/turns. Plan on at least 30 minutes to get to the parks and possibly longer as there is much traffic and road construction. As close as this area seems to be to the parks, I was surprised how long it took to get there and back.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Hotel was very clean. Have complete amenities. Except for the toothbrush and toothpaste which we have to call the front desk always. Had a coffee shop which serves great banana muffin and croissants. Has a national rental counter, a Disney shop and a restaurant. Really need to eat out of the hotel as it has only one restaurant. But overall our stay was great and very comfortable. Will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for the view of the pool
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was my first visit to Orlando, to experience the wonderful world of Disney! I saw this resort name on Trip advisor and was attracted by the color tone of the hotel. So I immediately booked it thru a local travel agency.
We booked two rooms and were well received by the reception staff and even upgraded to the higher level rooms! More happy though, received a birthday surprise cake from the resort with best wishes( since it was my sister's birthday).
The rooms were well designed and very tidy! Beds were optimal and gave us all very sound sleeps! The view was awesome and comforting! We really appreciate the upgrade!
The only problem was the noise of the air conditioner and the ventilator in the bathroom. Other than that, things were fine.
They also provided shuttle services to and from the different parks, which was a plus to the resort. The restaurant also provided good food and free coffee for breakfast. Another thing to praise was the good service provided by the concierge staff( Terry, not sure of the name). He was another plus to the resort! Thanks so much for making our stay an unforgettable one.

Stayed May 2015
Keith W, General Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Fatima S:
Thank you for taking the time to “post” on your recent visit (for your sisters birthday) to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. I do appreciate the feedback on the resort amenities, our staff as well as Terry our concierge. I will pass along your comments to the team. Thank you for letting me know your visit was “unforgettable” – that is great to read.
I have reviewed all of your comments with my team and thank you for letting me know.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look to “B” of service to you again in the near future.
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We booked the B resort for a one night stay prior to a stay on Disney property. We booked through Mousesavers website, which gave us an upgraded tower room and waived parking and resort fees. We had driven from Chicago, straight through, and were exhausted when we arrived. We headed to our room and after a while realized we had not been given the upgrade. Instead we were on the second floor of a wing, an offshoot of the nicer tower. My sister actually went and demanded her upgrade (she was not given it either) but my kids were too tired and we stayed put. The resort looks new, but basically is older with a fresh coat of paint. The showerhead was old and so short. The air came out of old-fashioned blowers that were very loud. Beds were comfortable and room was relatively clean.
Out by the pool there was a bar, but it was not opened. We had to go all the way to the restaurant in the resort and order food for lunch. It was delivered to us by the pool, which was nice, but our order was incorrect and the poor girl had to go all the way back in to get the correct items.
Things really turned bad when, at about 1:00 am, the fire alarm went off. We had driven 18 hours straight and were exhausted. We went in the hall and saw an employee running through the halls, but not telling anyone anything. We didn't know if there was a fire or if it was a false alarm, so we followed the crowd outside. No announcements were made. We were outside for about 45 minutes before my husband went around to the lobby to see if he could get ANY information. All the while, guests were going into the resort through all doors. People were on their balconies inside the hotel looking out at the hundreds of people in the parking lot in our jammies! No one evacuated them nor told us ANYTHING. After about an hour (of standing outside at 2:00 in the morning, a man came around with room temperature bottles of water and said we could go in "soon." My husband went around the resort to the lobby where he was given the ok to re-enter after about an hour and 15 minutes. He had to come to the side of the resort to tell us, as no employee ever did.
Obviously, these things are out of the control of the resort, but the way they are handled makes a difference.
The next morning we overheard another party asking about compensation. We were not told anything-no letter outside the door-nothing. They were told that they could eat at the buffet for free. We were heading to a Disney Park and asked if we might grab a muffin to-go from the buffet. We were told no, we had to eat in the restaurant. We left, fairly disgusted.
To add insult to injury, when I got home I noticed my credit card had two charges on it for rooms and food. I had booked my room and my sister's room on-line, securing it with my credit card. It was not charged until our stay. My sister asked if all could be put on her card. They took it and assured her it would be. Clearly, that was never done. Rather than deal with this resort again, she just paid me.
I did write a review when they asked for one and received a response from the resort, but it did not acknowledge the fire alarm and inconvenience in any way. I would not recommend this resort .
On a positive note, the location is easily walkable to Downtown Disney.

Room Tip: Tower rooms have a nice view, but sure were tough to walk up and down all of the stairs during the...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear Konakate:
Thank you for taking the time to “post” on your December 2014 visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. Rest assured based on your feedback, we did not live up to your or my expectations relating to your overall room location on this visit – My apologies! As it relates to “introducing” this lifestyle hotel to the Downtown Disney area, this was not a renovation but a full redevelopment of the resort. We do have many room types and as you mentioned booking under the Mousesavers “special” you do receive upgrades and parking which is included in this package. We do run many other specials throughout the year as well. In follow-up to the fire alarm in question, we did have a malfunction in our system that evening and as it did take fire department and system technicians some time to sort out, I do apologize if you were missed on our communication , both in the public areas as well as in and around the resort. We did offer every question complimentary breakfast the next morning for our apology to this unfortunate late night event. If I can answer any more questions for you – please email me at keith.wolling@bresortlbv.com. Let me know if your travels bring you back to Orlando in the near future.

Been to B Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!