“Good Bang for the Buck” 4 of 5 stars
Review of B Resort & Spa

You added B Resort & Spa to your Saves list
B Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1905 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Orlando, FL 32830 (Lake Buena Vista)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #99 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Good Bang for the Buck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

B Resort and Spa was very nice and could very soon charge higher prices like other "nice" hotels but if they did I might not choose them over the others.
The room was just like the pictures showed and the pool area was nice, albeit quiet because of the cooler weather this time of the year. It looks like it could be a really fun place to hang out on a hot day with the bar and seating they've got set up. The hot tub was NOT hot though.
Besides the hot tub, the other cons were $11 parking per night, weird tasting water (the stuff at the lobby and the free bottled stuff) and when we checked in, we were given a crappy, uncleaned room - I think because we booked through a "discount" site.
BUT the hotel has a lot of good things going for it too: great location in relation to the parks, restaurants, malls, etc.; Happy hour at the bar; Fresh coffee at the pickup; nice modern furnishings, etc.

Would definitely stay here again, but likely only if it cost me the same which was about $150 per night plus parking.

Room Tip: Request floor higher than the first - the one we were initially given on the first floor was darker...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Nice experience- 17th floor. swanky glass elevator to top floors. Staff was very polite. Didnt expect such a large bathtub, and shower! Air conditioner was noisy at times. Lots of nice touches ; like room service, laptops and ipads for use, and snacks, if needed. Nice to have the Disney store inside, too.

Room Tip: very quiet on top floors, except air conditioner. very beautiful.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My review is quite late; my husband, self and two children stayed here in October for 4 nights. I was lucky enough to take advantage of a promo which discounted our room and voided the parking and resort fees. WIth this in mind, I booked the best room I could. They put us on the very top floor in a corner room with a view of Downtown Disney and Epcot in the distance. Even glimpsed the fireworks one night, though there wasn't much to see. The kids loved riding the glass elevator to the 17th floor! We loved the view from our balcony. We had no problems with noise, perhaps because of our location.

There was hardly anyone at the pool when we used it, and it was large enough for a decent amount of people. We swam later in the day and there were hardly any towels left, but at least a few.

It was so nice to come back to our room after a long day and relax without worrying about the state of our room. Everything was new, the beds were comfortable, the sheets and bedding clean, the style and design beautiful. The bathroom was also very stylish and the shower relaxing, but the shower head actually broke on our last day (thank goodness). Just an issue of being unable to adjust the nozzle as it continually clicked back to one setting. I have to mention if the hotel is trying to be green you need more than ONE hook on the bathroom door! Maybe a hook or two on the wall? This left us with no place to hang our four towels whenever everyone had showered and left us with no choice but to leave them on the floor.

Housekeeping did a great job, with the exception of two things. Once, someone left a bottle of cleaner on our bathroom sink - not a big deal, but with a two year old, kinda an issue. She returned for it later, but I had already moved it so my daughter didn't grab it. Secondly, on our last day, when we returned late in the afternoon, we were desperate to shower before dinner as it had been a HOT day spent outside at Gatorland. Because we could never reuse our towels, we always had to use new ones. Well, for some reason on this day no one had been to our room yet. It was 4 o'clock. I called the desk for towels and they said they would send someone. We waited 30 minutes and then I called again. This time someone came within 15 minutes. But waiting 45 minutes for towels so we could all shower after a long hot morning and afternoon with our small kids on our last day left an unfortunate smudge on our otherwise happy stay.

Regardless, we would stay again IF we could have the self-parking and resort fees waived. Both are ridiculous fees. The self-parking fee is absolutely unnecessary and the resort fee somewhat insulting because.... it is NOT a resort. It is just a really nice hotel, with 'resort' in its name and a spa on premises. So. My opinion. The hotel should re-evaluate this.

Room Tip: 17th floor! Ask for a view of Downtown Disney.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Keith W, General Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Butterfly n1:
Thank you for taking the time to “post” on your visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando last October, as I appreciate your feedback. I am very happy to read the nice comments on the Resort and team. We did not live up to your or my expectations relating to the timing of your room cleaning and delivery of towels..….… my apologies! That should not have happened. As it relates to the parking and resort fees, as you enjoyed the “promotion” on your visit we do at times through-out the year run “specials” that have these fees waived, so please watch for them. I will review all of your comments with my team for follow-up and thank you for letting me know.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look to “B” of service to you again in the near future.
Have a great weekend.
Muncho Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Had av Rey enjoyable time at the resort for 4 days. The ladies at the Pickup and the housekeeping staff out did themselves ( I hope they hear about these reviews) James in the restaurant was great as well as John the carver whom couldn't believe how much meat I ate were also fantastic. Although booked into a captivating king suite we ended up in a two queen we can't complain. Thanks for a great time. Oh yeah front desk very nice but not as personable as some of the behind the scenes employees koodos. Give those pickup ladies a shot at the front they were so nice

Room Tip: Tip the housekeeping great rooms and service
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Keith W, General Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Matt M:
Thank you for taking the time to “post” on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. It is very nice to read the comments on the Pick UP and housekeeping staff as well as James and John in our “signature” restaurant American Q. I will pass along your comments to the team and thank you for letting me know.

Fredrikstad, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We got a deal on this hotel through secret escapes and definitely feel we got an awesome deal. Hotel is modern and clean. Room was large, we had one with 2 queen beds, and my husband and I shared one while the other bed was shared by my 2 boys aged 11 and 6. Beds were comfy! Bathroom was spacious, very plain/basic.Shower , sink and toilet.
We stayed here for just one night on a Disney trip, but would definitely do it again. Shuttle from hotel was a plus. Dinner at the hotel restaurant American Q was great!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Keith W, General Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear docmm_76:
Thank you for taking the time to “post” on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. It is nice to read all the great comments on the Resort including your experience in our “signature” restaurant American Q. I will pass along your comments to the team and thank you for letting me know.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The décor is amazing and the service is excellent. The American Q even had a great selection of offerings for vegetarians who can do the buffet without the meat. Less than a 10 minute walk to Downtown Disney. Another 10 minute walk in the other direction to restaurants and shops outside of Walt Disney World.

Included transportation to Disney was a great bonus! $20 return shuttle to Universal with Mears, just call 24 hours in advance. Airport shuttle is $22 one-way.

Wifi connection was bad for the duration of our stay and the fan in the room was a bit loud. The rest of the B-Stunning accommodations made up for it though. The beds were incredibly comfortable. Get the separate jetted tub and shower for a truly amazing stay (Queen Deluxe).

Room Tip: 18-20, 1-2 have a view of the Epcot fireworks...at least from the higher levels! Queen Deluxe bathro...
Dear chadmaclean:
Thank you for taking the time to “post” on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. It is great to read all the nice comments on the Resort, the décor and the service was excellent including your experience in our “signature” restaurant American Q. I will pass along your comments to the team and thank you for letting me know.

Port Richey, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at the B Resort and Spa for a long holiday weekend, and I thought it was a pretty nice place for the money. I think they have a signature scent that permeates the lobby, and as far as scents go, it was a light, refreshing scent and I liked it a lot. The rooms are big and the beds are comfy. Our room, along with many others, had a balcony, but access to the balcony was not allowed. We could crack the balcony door open a couple of inches but that was it. I don't know why more hotels don't allow you to open windows, especially if the weather is nice. Who doesn't like fresh air? We had a little trouble adjusting the thermostat to the temperature and air flow we wanted. We kept setting it lower but it didn't seem to respond very well. The hotel is decidedly modern in esthetics, which I like but I do think the scale of the lobby and rooms is so large that the furniture pieces they chose look kind of small and sparse. The hotel staff was very pleasant and attentive to your needs. The B Resort and Spa is on Disney property but is not owned by Disney. Downtown Disney is right down the street, and they offer a shuttle to the Disney theme parks but not to the Universal ones. I tried to book a spa appointment while there, but they were booked up so I would suggest booking a spa appointment in advance. One last thing to note...The hotel is right beside a major highway and our room overlooked it. I don't know if there is a more scenic side, but don't book this hotel with the expectation of having a great view.

Dear Patsy M:
Thank you for taking the time to “post” on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. It is great to read all the nice comments on the Resort and that the staff was attentive and very pleasant on your visit. I will pass along your comments to the team and thank you for letting me know.

Been to B Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!