“Birthday Bust” 3 of 5 stars
Review of B Resort & Spa

You added B Resort & Spa to your Saves list
B Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1905 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Orlando, FL 32830 (Lake Buena Vista)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #106 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Brandon, Florida
“Birthday Bust”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed at the B Resort a few weeks after it's grand opening. The hotel is beautiful, there is no denying that! Very modern and ultra hip. We were able to get a great rate but I was not happy with the parking fee (just raise the room price if needed). We normally stay at Disney resorts and parking is included, the resort fee is something we are used to. But in our opinion it should have been waived during our visit (for everyone) because none of the resort amenities were available yet (except the pool). The spa, the arcade, the biz center, even the store wasn't open yet. We came here for my son's 17th birthday, we chose this "resort" instead of Disney because I wanted something more age appropriate but unfortunately we left feeling we had missed out (because there was nothing to do!).

Check in was quick & easy, getting into our room was not. Something was wrong with our room card, took a couple of people and 30 minutes to get it figured out. The room was perfect, wish we had a better view but it was ok. The AC is noisy, but it didn't bother us too bad. The bathrooms are spa like and very large and the Aveda amenities are fab. The beds were comfy and the TV was a good size for watching movies after a busy day. Oh and the wifi was good, we had no problems connecting and staying connected. The pool was great, my family loved it. Again there really wasn't bar service out there when we stayed but I'm sure it is a great spot to hang out now that everything is up and running.

On our last night we had dinner at American Q for our sons birthday. The food was amazing! Everything on the buffet was wonderful, we tried a little of all the meats offered. So much food and everyone and everything was great. It was the highlight of our stay.

I was hoping for a one spot stop (that's why I choose a resort) but we ended up having to go out for food and fun each day because there was just so little to do on site. All in all we had a few issues (room keys messed up, bill was messed up when we were leaving etc.), but we still enjoyed our time here and may consider staying there again in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the tower for the views, choose a pool side room if you want a private lanai!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Thibodaux, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our one night stay was perfect. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. Would recommend this hotel anyday. Our check in and check out was fast and no problems. Everything about this hotel on the website was true

Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

It was a nice business hotel with great clean spaces. Good that they had a (small) gym and a room for kids. The staff was friendly too.

We were there in December, which meant that the pool area was only sunny in the mornings.

Be aware that they charge extra for everything. We had just got used to adding the american tax to everything. But charging USD 20 per night for parking your car is excessive in a place that you can hardly walk to at all... Breakfast cost USD 50 per family... Resort fees... USD 5 for water, etc.

Room Tip: We had a double room facing the road. It was good enough except for the AC-fan that kept us awake. I...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Just returned from our annual Christmas trip to Disney World. We in the past have always stayed at one of the Disney owned resorts but this time decoded to check out the B Resort and wow were we happy with our decision. For starters the room rates and the proximity to Downtown Disney are great. I would say the rooms are definately a very good size and very clean and modern. Also the staff could not be more friendlier and accommodating. And if you have the time I would highly recommend the on site restaurant, American Q. It's like a Brazilian steakhouse service with all sorts of delicious smoked meats. Overall this was a great stay and is now our favorite place to stay when we visit Disney, and as annual pass holders we do come down quite a bit.

• Stayed December 2014
Keith W, General Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear John C:
Thank you for your nice comments on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. i am glad to hear the B Resort is now your favorite place to stay when in Orlando. It is great to hear you enjoyed your visit to our "signature" restaurant - American Q.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look to “B” of service to you again in the near future.
Have a great week.
Happy Holidays!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My second visit. It was very good only thing was room service. Room menu says room service available from 11pm to 7am; to only find out they close at 2am and only leave a few items at the front desk. Coming back to hotel from Magic Kingdom and hungry not a great thing. Other than that it was a great stay. VALET always top notch, and the pool clean and quiet. Skipped the hot tub, it had a weird looking foam floating in it. Looking forward to my next stay ;)

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Keith W, General Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Harry D:
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your second visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. I am very happy to read that you had a great stay and I will look into the room serivice operation late night hours. Sorry about that! I have reviewed all of your comments with my team and thank you for letting me know.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look to “B” of service to you AGAIN in the near future for the 3rd time.
Happy Holidays!.
Ludowici
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I hate to give an overall poor review on a hotel that is newly renovated, looks great from the outside and in such a great location (Downtown Disney area) but I must share my story in hopes that it will keep others from getting hurt. We stayed Dec 18 - 21. I will give a short summary of good, bad, and then my story of falling on the sidewalk/ramp in the self park area.
Good:
Location! Can easily get to Downtown Disney in 10 min (your speed may vary)
Buses run to all Disney parks every 30 min - complimentary!
Free wifi.
Beds were fantastic - had 2 queens for our trip.
Smaller in size so easy to walk around and get to the "main hub" where restaurant, pool, etc located. We stayed in left "wing" section near the pool.
The appearance of the hotel is very nice and I enjoyed the couches outside where you waited for Disney bus and the pool area is also nice though it was too cool for us to use we did walk outside to sit by it.
Keyless doors - swipe card in front of door and parking lot to get in. Very nice when I have a tendency to at other hotels to get cards that push in and they take 2 or 3 times to unlock door.
Bad:
The air conditioner is VERY LOUD! I am not joking. I have a high tolerance for noise as an elementary teacher but this was annoying. Also, the room was very humid and sticky from it.
The resort fee is $20 and self park is $16 per day - those prices seem to be the going rate in that area but I think they are too high.
No welcome packet or notebook/folder in room compiled with information about the different services the hotel offers, bus pick-up or drop-off times, spa service times, etc!! I even asked for one and the receptionist acted like I was making a ridiculous request and said - you are already getting a great rate. WHAT? This really bothered me as I felt disconnected from services offered and saw that a guest at Best Western who shared the shuttle to the parks had a very informative sheet with times and locations listed (when traveling with family details can slip your mind and I need paper reminders).
No express check-out since they do not print paper - everything is e-mail. That was a pain to have to go downstairs for that and stand in line to leave.
And last but not least, unsafe sidewalk and ramp area where I personally fell and so did another gentleman just 3 minutes after I did. So on with my story...
Saturday night, Dec. 20, was very eventful. An alarm went off at 1am which evacuated everyone outside. I traveled with my mom, 62, and daughter, 15, so we got up and threw on some clothes to go outside. We saw management running everywhere trying to check things out and lights flashing from emergency workers trying to locate the problem. We sat in the pool area until 2:30am when the all clear was finally given. I will compliment the hotel that they comped our room that night for the trouble which I thought was thoughtful. My appreciation would end very quickly. Not even 10 min after I left the lobby from checking out, I walked to the left self-parking lot and onto the outside sidewalk that led me down the cement ramp (gentle slope). I was on my 2nd step on that painted cement ramp when my feet literally slipped out from under me. I landed on my left knee and foot under me and right side bottom (yes it was quite the spill). I was stunned sitting on the ground because I was not expecting to fall so I didn't brace myself any and my body took the full impact. I am a 40 year old woman in pretty good health but I can assure you that an elderly person or young child would have probably broken something if they fell as hard as I did. I am so grateful that a teen boy was there and saw the whole situation and came running to my aid. He helped me up and then ran inside to get management. Also, another group of people came by and a man in his 20s waked up that painted cement ramp and also fell trying to throw his coffee cup into the trash. He got back up and just laughed it off. I tried to get them to stay with me to talk to management but they didn't speak English and couldn't understand exactly what I was asking. During this time my family made it to me to check on me and were very upset that I was hurt. When management came, he was cordial and took my information. He said he would put out a mat and if I had any more trouble to let him know. My mom was furious and pointed out that his leather soled shoe wasn't slipping on the wet painted cement (it was 9:45ish so dew made it slick) that is was rubber soles that had the issue (and who isn't wearing either a rubber soled tennis shoe or flip flop in FL on vacation?) I knew I wasn't broken but was afraid my ankle was sprained as the pain was pretty intense from the fall. So, we made it home that Sunday afternoon and I rested on the couch that afternoon and for the next 2 days took it easy as I felt so sore like from a car wreck. I really thought the manager would call me that Sunday night to check on me but sadly no. Nor did he call the next 2 days. It made me angry with his lack of care so I called and left a message for him. He did return my call and I told him that I was surprised he didn't call to check on me. He apologized and said he should have but was busy with holidays. I told him that as a Southern woman good manners are important to me and so I was taken back by this lack of consideration. I asked what had happened to the hazardous area in the self-park location and he admitted nothing more than a mat that he personally put out was done. That there was a problem with dew but that they were "monitoring" the area. I told him that I knew this had to be fixed and that textured paint should have more grit to prevent falls, not add to the problem. I would hate to think of someone doing more harm to themselves than what I had done. He gave me his phone number and told me to call if I had any more problems and then what seemed as an afterthought asked if I vacationed in Orlando much. I told him yes (and I do visit about 3 times a year) to which he responded that I should call him and he would see if he could upgrade my room. Really?? I fell and hurt myself at that hotel and you admit it hasn't been fixed and act like you would do me a favor by upgrading me if I do decide to take another chance? If you dear reader were in my position wouldn't you expect some type of compensation for the accident? At least an offer of a complimentary stay whether it was accepted or not? I am not a sue happy hound like many others so it never entered my mind to take legal action (although I had several who heard about my situation and advised me to). I do feel like the manager dropped the ball on making my feel appreciated and cared for especially when it is a known problem area. Unacceptable! Please take this review into consideration and BEWARE of the painted cement area/ramp in the self-park area during the morning when there is dew or even rain as I am willing to bet it is equally slippery then too.

Room Tip: Self-park area sidewalk and ramp are major fall hazard. Avoid!
Dear Dixie D:
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I do appreciate your feedback. I would like to thank you for the nice comments on the location, transportation services and the guest room beds. I am glad to hear the beds were fantastic. I am sorry to hear about the noisy A/C in your guest room and have had the room operation inspected. As it relates to the welcome packet – we do have a guest services directory in each room, concierge services and Disney store in the lobby to review all information for our guests and I will further review your comments with my team. I again, want to apologize for the inconvenience for the alarm Sunday morning, it was a malfunction of the fire panel. I am happy to hear the team made an adjustment to your room bill for the charges. As it relates to check-out, our goal it be paperless.
Also, my apologies for your slip and fall on the exit on the Lanai side of the Resort. I understand your point about the call back until Tuesday. But I did call you back. I am glad to hear you are doing ok and please keep me posted if anything changes. We have since installed mats for each entry at the exits in the Lanai and have added a textured product to the sidewalk. The conversation with you about the invitation was not a “after” thought but a genuine invitation as the “upgrade” and additional amenities would be more than “show” you our “genuine” hospitality. As discussed, please let me know when your travels bring you back to Orlando. My e-mail is keith.wolling@bresortlbv.com. Again sincerely – I invite you back to the B Resort & Spa.

Thank you and Happy New Year.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The B Resort is a complete renovation and the results are fantastic....each room is very large with a giant bath that has a jacuzzi bath tub and a glassed in shower. Lots of white marble all over and every detail has been attended to. Beautiful lobby, hallways and grounds. Check out the pool area and lanai....they have spared no expense to make this a first class hotel ! The staff is very good and experienced. Large armoire has room for lots of hang ups and drawer space. Cooler to keep things cold and in room safe. Our room was ready even though we arrived early. Highly recommend this hotel as it is close to Downtown Disney as well as the Cornerstone shopping area.

Room Tip: Ask for tower....
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Keith W, General Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Jack S:
Thank you for taking the time to "post" your feedback on the B Resort & Spa. I am very happy to see you enjoyed your vist and thought the Resort was fantastic. I am also very happy to hear the staff was very good on this visit. We do have a great team in place!.

Happy Holidays!

Been to B Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!