“Employees always so Nice! ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of B Resort & Spa

You added B Resort & Spa to your Saves list
B Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1905 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Orlando, FL 32830 (Lake Buena Vista)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #104 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
“Employees always so Nice! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My second visit. It was very good only thing was room service. Room menu says room service available from 11pm to 7am; to only find out they close at 2am and only leave a few items at the front desk. Coming back to hotel from Magic Kingdom and hungry not a great thing. Other than that it was a great stay. VALET always top notch, and the pool clean and quiet. Skipped the hot tub, it had a weird looking foam floating in it. Looking forward to my next stay ;)

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Ludowici
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I hate to give an overall poor review on a hotel that is newly renovated, looks great from the outside and in such a great location (Downtown Disney area) but I must share my story in hopes that it will keep others from getting hurt. We stayed Dec 18 - 21. I will give a short summary of good, bad, and then my story of falling on the sidewalk/ramp in the self park area.
Good:
Location! Can easily get to Downtown Disney in 10 min (your speed may vary)
Buses run to all Disney parks every 30 min - complimentary!
Free wifi.
Beds were fantastic - had 2 queens for our trip.
Smaller in size so easy to walk around and get to the "main hub" where restaurant, pool, etc located. We stayed in left "wing" section near the pool.
The appearance of the hotel is very nice and I enjoyed the couches outside where you waited for Disney bus and the pool area is also nice though it was too cool for us to use we did walk outside to sit by it.
Keyless doors - swipe card in front of door and parking lot to get in. Very nice when I have a tendency to at other hotels to get cards that push in and they take 2 or 3 times to unlock door.
Bad:
The air conditioner is VERY LOUD! I am not joking. I have a high tolerance for noise as an elementary teacher but this was annoying. Also, the room was very humid and sticky from it.
The resort fee is $20 and self park is $16 per day - those prices seem to be the going rate in that area but I think they are too high.
No welcome packet or notebook/folder in room compiled with information about the different services the hotel offers, bus pick-up or drop-off times, spa service times, etc!! I even asked for one and the receptionist acted like I was making a ridiculous request and said - you are already getting a great rate. WHAT? This really bothered me as I felt disconnected from services offered and saw that a guest at Best Western who shared the shuttle to the parks had a very informative sheet with times and locations listed (when traveling with family details can slip your mind and I need paper reminders).
No express check-out since they do not print paper - everything is e-mail. That was a pain to have to go downstairs for that and stand in line to leave.
And last but not least, unsafe sidewalk and ramp area where I personally fell and so did another gentleman just 3 minutes after I did. So on with my story...
Saturday night, Dec. 20, was very eventful. An alarm went off at 1am which evacuated everyone outside. I traveled with my mom, 62, and daughter, 15, so we got up and threw on some clothes to go outside. We saw management running everywhere trying to check things out and lights flashing from emergency workers trying to locate the problem. We sat in the pool area until 2:30am when the all clear was finally given. I will compliment the hotel that they comped our room that night for the trouble which I thought was thoughtful. My appreciation would end very quickly. Not even 10 min after I left the lobby from checking out, I walked to the left self-parking lot and onto the outside sidewalk that led me down the cement ramp (gentle slope). I was on my 2nd step on that painted cement ramp when my feet literally slipped out from under me. I landed on my left knee and foot under me and right side bottom (yes it was quite the spill). I was stunned sitting on the ground because I was not expecting to fall so I didn't brace myself any and my body took the full impact. I am a 40 year old woman in pretty good health but I can assure you that an elderly person or young child would have probably broken something if they fell as hard as I did. I am so grateful that a teen boy was there and saw the whole situation and came running to my aid. He helped me up and then ran inside to get management. Also, another group of people came by and a man in his 20s waked up that painted cement ramp and also fell trying to throw his coffee cup into the trash. He got back up and just laughed it off. I tried to get them to stay with me to talk to management but they didn't speak English and couldn't understand exactly what I was asking. During this time my family made it to me to check on me and were very upset that I was hurt. When management came, he was cordial and took my information. He said he would put out a mat and if I had any more trouble to let him know. My mom was furious and pointed out that his leather soled shoe wasn't slipping on the wet painted cement (it was 9:45ish so dew made it slick) that is was rubber soles that had the issue (and who isn't wearing either a rubber soled tennis shoe or flip flop in FL on vacation?) I knew I wasn't broken but was afraid my ankle was sprained as the pain was pretty intense from the fall. So, we made it home that Sunday afternoon and I rested on the couch that afternoon and for the next 2 days took it easy as I felt so sore like from a car wreck. I really thought the manager would call me that Sunday night to check on me but sadly no. Nor did he call the next 2 days. It made me angry with his lack of care so I called and left a message for him. He did return my call and I told him that I was surprised he didn't call to check on me. He apologized and said he should have but was busy with holidays. I told him that as a Southern woman good manners are important to me and so I was taken back by this lack of consideration. I asked what had happened to the hazardous area in the self-park location and he admitted nothing more than a mat that he personally put out was done. That there was a problem with dew but that they were "monitoring" the area. I told him that I knew this had to be fixed and that textured paint should have more grit to prevent falls, not add to the problem. I would hate to think of someone doing more harm to themselves than what I had done. He gave me his phone number and told me to call if I had any more problems and then what seemed as an afterthought asked if I vacationed in Orlando much. I told him yes (and I do visit about 3 times a year) to which he responded that I should call him and he would see if he could upgrade my room. Really?? I fell and hurt myself at that hotel and you admit it hasn't been fixed and act like you would do me a favor by upgrading me if I do decide to take another chance? If you dear reader were in my position wouldn't you expect some type of compensation for the accident? At least an offer of a complimentary stay whether it was accepted or not? I am not a sue happy hound like many others so it never entered my mind to take legal action (although I had several who heard about my situation and advised me to). I do feel like the manager dropped the ball on making my feel appreciated and cared for especially when it is a known problem area. Unacceptable! Please take this review into consideration and BEWARE of the painted cement area/ramp in the self-park area during the morning when there is dew or even rain as I am willing to bet it is equally slippery then too.

Room Tip: Self-park area sidewalk and ramp are major fall hazard. Avoid!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The B Resort is a complete renovation and the results are fantastic....each room is very large with a giant bath that has a jacuzzi bath tub and a glassed in shower. Lots of white marble all over and every detail has been attended to. Beautiful lobby, hallways and grounds. Check out the pool area and lanai....they have spared no expense to make this a first class hotel ! The staff is very good and experienced. Large armoire has room for lots of hang ups and drawer space. Cooler to keep things cold and in room safe. Our room was ready even though we arrived early. Highly recommend this hotel as it is close to Downtown Disney as well as the Cornerstone shopping area.

Room Tip: Ask for tower....
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Keith W, General Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Jack S:
Thank you for taking the time to "post" your feedback on the B Resort & Spa. I am very happy to see you enjoyed your vist and thought the Resort was fantastic. I am also very happy to hear the staff was very good on this visit. We do have a great team in place!.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look to “B” of service to you again in the near future.
Happy Holidays!
Saint Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed Dec 18-20. The hotel looks beautiful until you take a closer look. We knew this hotel had just had a full renovation and loved the location. I don't know if the tower is a better choice, but the wing section has some draw backs. There was a huge leak inside one of the walls on the first floor hallway, which they just kept painting over. Our room door was not hung right, so it would never shut without force. Heard every conversation from people in hallways (normal), but you could also hear everyone on the first floor stairs.(we where on the second floor). Just checked our credit card and they also charged us $5 for a water we didn't drink from there snack tray in the room. Restaurant was good, would eat there again. Beds are very comfortable. Rooms are very nice, but humid. We live in Forida, but this was wet feeling all the time.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sharon r:
Thank you for taking the time to "post" on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. Yes, I am aware of the leak in the wall - this just did develop and rest assured we are on top if it. i am glad to read you enjoyed the restaurant and your bed was very comfortable. Please send me a note, so i can research the $5.00 charge on your room bill - you can send your note to keith.wolling@bresortlbv.com….… my apologies! I have reviewed all of your comments with my team for follow-up and thank you for letting me know.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

This hotel is beautiful and comfortable. It is close to downtown disney. The rates are reasonable and the food is delicious and reasonable.
the sleep quality was very good. I chose the room that walked out to the pool which was great, but we came here for some R&R , I just wanted to relax and read by the pool. The blaring music really put a damper on things for us. Loud music is now passé in pool areas. Everyone prefers to listen to their own music anyways. I would come back in a heartbeat if they stopped playing the annoying loud music and give into the peace and tranquility that guests are looking for.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bren K:
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. i am glad to hear you thought the Resort was beautiful and enjoyed the food in our signature restaurant American Q. I will take a look at the pool music selection….… my apologies! I have reviewed all of your comments with my team for follow-up and thank you for letting me know.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

From the minute we arrived everyone was so helpful! They took up our bags, and even scheduled a car service to pick us up the next morning for our early breakfast reservations! It's clean, spacious, and close to Downtown Disney. Transportation to parks is hit or miss depending on time of day but that's not the hotels fault. It's either empty or packed. Thankfully they're not the last stop. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2014
Dear - Hindmarsh_Lauren:
Thank you for taking the time to "post" on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. it is great to hear you enjoyed your visit!
Happy Holidays!
West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Beautiful look and appearance. Danielle at desk is excellent. Room clean and fresh. This is where the good ends. A scheduled power outage 1st night that was never communicated to us, 4am outage that lasted until 8am, and I sleep with a c-pap for sleep apnea, no sleep for me. 2 & 3 day, room was never cleaned. 4th night a faulty fire alarm, a 1am evacuation of building. It is obvious that when this hotel was remodeled, the image was everything, and behind the scenes, every opportunity to cut costs was taken. Hopefully you will have better luck. I would consider a stay again but improvement is essential.

Stayed December 2014
Keith W, General Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Tim C:
Thank you for taking the time to "post" on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. Rest assured based on your feedback, we did not live up to your or my expectations relating to the temporary outtage and alarm. My apologies - both issues were unrelated and only the power test was a planned event I have no excuse for both events as they were very unfortunate. I have reviewed all of your comments with my team for follow-up and thank you for letting me know.

Been to B Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!