“Wonderful Discovery” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B Resort & Spa

You added B Resort & Spa to your Saves list
B Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1905 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Orlando, FL 32830 (Lake Buena Vista)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #101 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Houston
“Wonderful Discovery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed at the B for 5 nights and now have a new favorite hotel near Downtown Disney! The hotel renovation has created a sleek and modern look that is bright and clean. The employees were cheerful and genuinely seemed to be enjoying their jobs. In the lobby they kept containerx of ice water, both plain and with slices of citrus fruits, and sometimes their delicious peppermint hot chocolate.

Our room was clean and roomy, well lighted and with a great view of Downtown Disney. There wasn't a tub in our generous bathroom, but there was a roomy glass shower with a slate floor. There was a minifridge, a selection of snacks for $5 each, bottles of water and a safe. We were very comfortable there.

Be aware that the hotel charges $20 per day resort fee, which covers the bus transportation, 2 bottles of water per day and other amenities, plus $16 per day for self parking. Our package with the hotel waived both of those charges, otherwise that would have been a hefty addition to consider when choosing a hotel, especially since there are 6 more hotels just on Hotel Plaza Blvd. If the price was right, I'd stay there again in a minute!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Our stay here could have been perfect except a few bumps during our three night stay. They had decided to conduct a routine emergency power testing during our second night and it was supposed to last for one hour from 4:30-5:30AM. I would have no problem with that, however, all the smoke detector alarms chirp when it's out of power. If you know what I am talking about then you would understand how frustrating it is to try and sleep through that sound. The sound started at 4:30 and kept going until 6:40AM. I made a complaint at 5:40AM but nothing was done. Therefore, I unplug the alarm and brought it to the front desk. The result was a restless night before our long day at Universal Studios. Other than that, the hotel was nice and clean with no other issue.

• Stayed December 2014
Keith W, General Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Thuanbui:
Thank you for taking the time to "post" on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. Rest assured based on your feedback, we did not live up to your or my expectations relating to the power test. We did have an issue on the reset, thus the reason for the lengthy time to get all areas re-lit ….… my apologies! I am glad to read you felt the overall the Resort was nice and clean. I have reviewed all of your comments with my team for follow-up and thank you for letting me know.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look to “B” of service to you again in the near future.
Oswego, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at the B Resort (from 12/4/14 to 12/9/14) as part of a spontaneous trip to Walt Disney World to see their Christmas decorations and to escape the realities of the corporate world.

I selected the B Resort since I saw it last year when I was in Orlando and it looked like a cool place to stay...and this was reinforced by the photos and feel of hotel's website...so I was fairly excited to be staying there for the first time. The door of my limo was opened, I was warmly greeted by the valet and I was escorted to check-in as I arrived so I felt that it was a great start to my vacation.

WHAT I LIKED:
> My room. It was clean and it was BIG!! It had 2 queen sized beds and there was plenty of additional space around them to store luggage and just move around. Also the room amenities were nice and there was a small refrigerator which I used to store the beer and soda I bought when I walked off-property to the Crossroads shopping plaza (cheaper than paying Disney prices)

> My bed. It was very comfortable and the crisp, white linens were soft so I was able to relax and get to sleep easily.

> The decor. B Resort is more of a boutique hotel which is targeting a younger and/or hipper demographic and the modern decor reflects that immediately as you enter the hotel. The design aesthetic is more minimal so you won't find a plush lobby with carpeted floors and lots of furniture and plants. Instead you will see polished marble floors, cool (yet comfortable) modern furniture (like Swan chairs and Egg chairs as well as other clean lined upholstered furniture). You'll also see their signature chair, which is a brightly painted Louis XIV-style chair, placed around the hotel which I feel is a tongue-in-cheek nod to more traditional hotels. Also, since it was Christmastime they had a really nice, white, Christmas tree that was loaded with brightly colored ornaments.

> Clientele. I liked the young, hip, clientele here since it made me feel young and hip by association. Also, everyone was well dressed and seemed to be well mannered.

> Location within Disney World. This resort is located just inside the Walt Disney World resort and is in the Downtown Disney area (soon to be Disney Springs) so I liked that I was able to walk to/from Downtown Disney to have drinks and dinner and then do some shopping as well as to the Waffle House which is just down the street from the Crossroads shopping plaza.

> Bus Service. This is not a Disney owned and operated hotel so you won't be able to take the Magical Express bus to the hotel from MCO and you also won't be taking any of the Disney buses to the theme parks. Admittedly I was initially worried about how I would get around but I quickly learned that the Downtown Disney hotels have their own fleet of buses which will take you to/from the parks. The great thing here is that these buses were NEVER crowded during my stay and everyone was able to get a seat so we were NEVER packed into the buses like sardines (as we saw on the Disney buses).

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE
> The sound of the air conditioner. When the a/c came on it was very, VERY, loud and I had to turn up the volume on the television so I could hear it over the sound.

> The sound of the glass door outside my room. I was in a garden level (ground floor) room which was located at the end of the hall and there was a glass door which led out to the parking lot and it rattled frequently. I heard it mostly in the early morning hours as I was waking up but occasionally at night. Thankfully I'm a heavy sleeper especially when tired-out from spending a full day in a theme park so that may be why I didn't hear it a lot at night.

> The sounds from neighboring rooms. I was awakened on two nights by the sounds of people in one of the neighboring rooms having sex (I know it was not some other activity because of the words that were being used and some of the commands that were being given)...and this annoyed me because (A) I was woken up from a sound sleep and (B) because it wasn't me.

> The sounds from the hallway. I always expect some amount of noise from the hallway when I'm staying in a hotel but in this case the amount of noise (people taking mostly) was more than what I'm accustomed to. I think this is because my room was at the end of the hallway and there was that darn, rattling, glass door.

> The friendliness of the employees. As I mentioned earlier in this review; I was warmly greeted by one of the cute, fit, valet guys when I arrived; but unfortunately they were the only friendly employees I encountered during my trip. The people behind the reception desk were almost icy, especially when I asked questions about getting around the area.

So, based on my experiences here, I am giving B Resort a solid "B" and I would definitely stay here again but would request a room on a higher floor and/or not located at the end of a hallway.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed at the B resort for 4 nights last week. It's a nice property, very modern. Apparently , the problems they were having with the a/ c , they have been addressing it. We got a nice upgrade upon check in , to a tower room on the 15th floor with 2 beds and a little sofa bed. We did not have any problems with the a/c while we were there. Totally love the bathroom. The beds are nice but pretty firm, so if your are used to pillow top mattresses like me, you will have a hard time sleeping. People at the reception are very professional, friendly, and knowledgeable . The onsite restaurant has a bar with pretty good drinks. Parking is extra at $16.00 per night or valet at $21.00 and resort fee is another $20.00 per nite. The extras add up pretty quickly, so beware. Overall, it was a nice stay, but probably will not stay here again just because mattress is too firm for my taste and after a full day at those parks, I need a good night sleep.

Room Tip: If you don't care about the view room 1517 it's a great choice if available
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Keith W, General Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Mory2407
Thank you for you sharing your recent experience with us! I am delighted to read that you were upgraded to the Tower and you liked your bathroom. I will look into the bedding in your room as thebeds are brand new. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We had a nice stay in Room 308 but B advised...it overlooks the courtyard where they played pretty loud music most of the day and night. The ballroom is also right there so if you don't like hearing bass as you fall asleep, you may want to arrange for a quieter room ahead of time. There were several parties in the two nights we were there. We called Andrew at the front desk and he kindly informed us of the midnight noise ordinance. We did get a very low rate by booking online so maybe that is what you get for that price. Lesson learned. Next time I'll call and book over the phone. You might pay a higher price but you'll get exactly what you want. Our room was very clean and well appointed with modern furnishings. While there was no view, the balcony was small and the door was permanently closed so no sitting outside for fresh air. The beds were comfortable and we enjoyed the modern shower, but not much water pressure. Our AC was very cold and we tried to adjust the thermostat to make it warmer, but we finally had to resort to turning on the fan only (low speed) so we wouldn't freeze. When we left for the theme park, we came back at night and housekeeping had turned our AC back on so once again, it was ice cold in there. B mindful that there is both a parking fee and resort fee. Still with both fees, the price for the room was quite reasonable. The location in Downtown Disney was well worth it for us. We walked there for dinner and ice cream and it only took us about 10 minutes. After we checked in, we never drove again. The hotel offers a nice shuttle service to the theme parks, which we took to Epcot. It was running about 10 minutes late but it worked out for us anyway. For breakfast, we skipped the buffet and bought delicious fruit cups from the little store in the lobby. It saved us a lot of time and money when we knew we'd be eating so much at the theme parks all day. All in all, a very nice, clean hotel. Just a little noisy for our taste.

Jennifer N
Thank you for you sharing your recent experience with us! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and your thought the Hotel was nice and clean. The A/C operation is being addressed at this time. Thank you for staying with us and we look to "B" of service to you on your next visit.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I truly enjoyed my stay here at B Resort and Spa. This place is very cute, chic and comfortable. I stayed 2 nights and had the best sleep I've had in a long time. The bedding is absolutely blissful. My only complaints were that my ac/heating unit was a bit noisy and my shower only produced Luke warm water. Overall, this hotel was one of the best I've stayed while visiting the orlando area. I will definitely be including B resort on my list of places to stay when I'm in Orlando. This hotel gets 2 thumbs up from me!! I'll see you guys in January!!

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Keith W, General Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear KayDeeJay3577:
Thank you for taking the time to "post" on Trip Advisor on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. I have reviewed all of your comments with my team for follow-up and thank you for letting me know. I am glad to hear the "B" is the best Hotel when you stay in Orlando.

Have a great week.
Spokane, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We got in after one in the morning after a long day of traveling, were greeted by Dave at the front desk. What a character, made us feel welcome and even got a laugh out of us. The room was B-eautiful,
did not like not having a dresser with drawers just cubbies. The AC
was noisy and did not cool very well. The next day we stopped at the concierge desk and I think it was Kim we talked to. She was very nice
and very helpful, she made sure we knew how their shuttles ran and where the pickups were in the parks.
Overall we had a very nice stay and would stay again.

Stayed December 2014
Dear Bobs55:
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent visit to the B Resort and Spa in Orlando, as I appreciate your feedback. I have reviewed all of your comments with my team for follow-up and thank you for letting me know. i will pass along your comments on Dave at the desk and Kim at the concierge desk - thank you! I am very happy to hear you had a very nice stay!

Have a great week.

Been to B Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!