“Eloquent Excellence” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added B Resort & Spa to your Saves list
B Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1905 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Orlando, FL 32830 (Lake Buena Vista)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Limtied Time Offer! $99
Ranked #56 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Jacksonville, Florida
“Eloquent Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This property caught my eye while driving down I4 and I started to see it on the travel sites so when an opportunity to take a mini vacay in Otown came up I was excited to book the B Resort and check it out.

Upon walking through the entrance the gleaming white and vibrant pops of color interspersed around the lobby instantly grab your eye and the techno/trip hop music they have piped in add to the flavor. They have definitely captured the Miami/South Beach vibe if this is the theme they are shooting for. There was barely a line at check in so we pretty much walked right up to Zach ('B Spontaneous') who assisted us. Despite being wowed this far with the hotel I was worried we might get stuck with a less than desirable room. Zach thankfully upgraded us to a "Captivating" room in the main tower and upon entering the room we were very grateful for his kindness.

From the look to the design to the layout of the room we were impressed with the accommodations. Blue is definitely a recurring theme at this hotel as the hallway walls, accent wall in the room and the carpets were all a deep rich blue, which is a pleasing contrast to the stock beige most other hotels use. As well the whimsical and quirky touches we discovered around the room just added to the charm.

After we settled in we were eager to explore the rest of the property. As mentioned in other reviews the hotel is completing certain areas so the bar by the pool was non existent and the gym only had a plastic partition separating it from everything else but everything else was spotless and new-looking. I will add that they must pump a pleasant but not overbearing fragrance throughout the public areas of the hotel as we enjoyed the same scent in the lobby as we did on the 14th floor. We definitely enjoyed swimming in the pool and relaxing in the adjacent whirlpool. Heads up again to the music being played around the pool area as it definitely sets the SoFlo vibe.

The beds were fantastic; the kind that makes you sad to get out of. They struck that sweet balance between pillow-top soft but firm enough so that they are not mushy. And we definitely enjoyed the extra large flat screen television in the room. I am not sure of how many inches but I know it was substantially larger than the 32" you typically find in hotels nowadays.

Now as magical as this place has been thus far there were minor flaws. I am not sure our room was vacuumed after the previous guests vacated as their wrappers and clothing tags were on the floor when we walked in and the all white tile shower had a few noticeable stains on it. I'm sure most hotel showers have stains and discolorations but if you're going to do all white anything other than white will be magnified. Those flaws notwithstanding we still loved the room.

Clearly I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. It is the fact that you can tell the owners want to craft an image for the hotel and they consistently achieve all over the property. It is the attention to detail I appreciate the most and the B Resort is now my favorite place to stay when in the O.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

It's fully renovated new everything, touch screens in lobby to check weather and flights. Great value for your money. Exceed my expectations. I would definitely stay there again and I would recommend it to anyone staying in Orlando.

Yulee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The only good thing about our stay at the B resort was the service from the valet attendants. Well, our departure as well, but that was just due to excitement to get out of there! The staff was cold, the rooms were hot, the ac sounded like you were in a wind tunnel, but never cooled the room. Our floors,walls, and bathtub were filthy. There were personal items left behind by a previous guest. The breakfast.... Words cannot describe, we found better options on a dollar menu at a fast food joint on the way out of there!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.... Anywhere else really.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Had a wonderful time at the B! The service was fantastic, everyone working there genuinely wanted to make your stay memorable. The room was clean, spacious and just perfect. There is a free shuttle that takes you to downtown Disney so you don't have to worry about traffic and parking. Definitely will recommend and stay there myself the next time I'm in the area.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Rafael O, Guest Relations Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
poolstx, greetings from B Resort & Spa! I am excited to read that you had a wonderful time and that your guest room was ‘just perfect’. Thank you for sharing your recent experience and we look forward to your next visit.

St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I was pleasantly surprised when we entered the B Resort. I felt like I was in Miami---a brilliantly white lobby with bright modern art. Check in was effortless---we had booked through Secret Escapes. Our room was on the 9th floor, facing the pool with a skinny balcony. The room was modern too--white again with a little sofa knock, a stuffed frog ( for sale at $29), a flat screen TV, a mini fridge and $5 snacks. The bathroom---yep white with a good sized stall shower and Aveda products. Little splashes of color like a fake orchid in the bathroom, blue pillows, colorful modern art relieved the whiteness.
The pool is a good size and has a shallow walk in that is perfect for the little ones. Towels and chaise lounges are plentiful. The pool area was never crowded and it was very pleasant as were some wicker sofa in an area near the pool.
Our room rate included buffet breakfast and it was served at the restaurant---American BBQ. It was a great buffet, served on a specially adapted red pick up truck. The little Mickey Mouse waffles were excellent and the coffee was good---plus you could have free coffee and tea until 11AM.
There is a free shuttle in the evenings to Downtown Disney and to the other resorts and the parks. We only went to Downtown Disney and the shuttle was important because the parking there is crazy!
Sadly two of the restaurant areas described in the hotel literature were not yet open---a casual take out and ice cream place---The Pick Up---and the Grill at the pool. You could order food from Room Service t the pool and they did sell beverages there.
The only store in the hotel is a Disney store---but it does stock some drug store items. If you have a car 9 we did) there are many places near by---a small super market and casual chain eating places.
The fitness area is small and adequate. I didn't check out the spa…
The staff were all very nice, friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: There are some rooms that open out on to the pool and a second level here too. I would have liked...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Rafael O, Guest Relations Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
LPE22, thank you for sharing your recent experience. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us while taking advantage of our Secret Escapes offer on your recent stay. Unfortunately The Pickup and Pool Bar & Grill were not completed during your stay, however, will be available for everyone to enjoy in the coming weeks. Once again, thank you for feedback and staying with us.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Found this hotel through Trivago and booked at a great rate. We weren't sure what the experience would be since we got such a great rate - but we were pleasantly surprised that it surpassed our expectations! This hotel is upscale, modern, clean and has a friendly and attentive staff. We'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
MiaMonaghan, thank you for you sharing your recent experience with us! I am delighted to read that you were able to take advantage of our introductory rates and that your experience ‘surpassed’ your expectations. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for four nights, August 1-5. I booked through Kayak and got a good rate for this highly desirable area in Disney. We arrived at the hotel about 10 pm and were checked in fairly quickly. The room we were given was on the first floor with sliding glass doors to the parking lot. I was not comfortable with that so went to the front desk and asked for a different room. We were told they were full and there were no rooms other than a handicap equipped room. We accepted that. Upon entering the room we were blasted with heat. The AC fan was blowing but not cooling. I called the front desk and they said they would send someone to check it. After politely waiting about 15 minutes I called again. A few minutes later two men arrived who determined it could not be fixed. So back to the front desk we went, this time sweaty and very tired (by now 11:30 p.m.) Luckily Jennifer at the front desk, who was very kind and helpful, gave us an upgraded room on the 14th floor at no additional charge.

The room and bathroom were very stylish and comfortable. Decorations are modern and new and it was quiet. We had a view of the interstate with the pool below. The bed was extremely comfortable. The shower was amazing.

What we didn't like: We wanted to sit by the pool and have drinks in the afternoon when we returned from baseball games. When we got there the bar was not open. Evidently it was not operational yet. We heard there had been a cooler set up earlier but it was empty and there was no staff around to ask at all. There was no way to get a drink at the pool. I went to the front desk and they said they would send room service, but they never came. The towels were also gone. The next day we tried again with the same results. Had I known that I would have booked another hotel as there are many in that area with wonderful pools.

Each afternoon a very small bar was set up in the lobby. That was the only place to get a drink. A beer was $5. It was not convenient to go to the lobby and back to the pool. Had the pool bar been open we probably would have enjoyed it a lot, as the pool, while not large, is very nice.

The hotel did provide complimentary breakfast since the restaurant was not yet open, and it was very nice. They also had a bus service that would take you to Disney locations at no charge. We did appreciate that but it was crowded and stopped at EVERY other hotel on Lake Buena Vista Drive on the way to Downtown Disney. We walked back.

I knew from reviews and the website the hotel was just opening and was not 100% operational. My advice would be to figure out if you can live with what is not open. We have taken chances before and been very pleased. With time this will be a nice hotel, but until they get it fully open and operational, I would not book here if you are interested in amenities like pool bar, hotel bar, restaurant or spa.

Room Tip: Go ahead and pay more for a room in the tower. The less expensive rooms are on the first and second...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Rafael O, Guest Relations Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
MJV, greetings from B Resort & Spa and thank you for sharing your recent experience. First and foremost, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconsistencies in service during your 5 night stay with us. I have shared your comments with the rest of the leadership team for their review and follow-up. I am happy to read that you found our beds to be ‘extremely comfortable’ and the shower was ‘amazing’ as they are two of my favorite features in our guest rooms. Please feel free to contact me at rafael.ortiz-martinez@bresortlbv.com if you would like to discuss your experience further. Once again, my apologies and thank you for staying with us. We look forward to you being our guests at the conclusion of our redevelopment.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to B Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!