“Do not choose any other” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 239 Activities in Orlando
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Do not choose any other”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We flew with Bob's Balloons this morning and it was the most wonderful experience! Our pilot, Mark, was kind, funny, and knowledgable about the sights. The entire experience was first class and I would recommend to anyone who wants to have a great time. Worth every penny and we will float with Bob's again! Thank you to the entire crew for helping me check off an item from the "bucket list"!

Visited November 2012
bobwil, Owner at Bob's Balloons, responded to this review, November 11, 2012

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Balloon Flight - Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was surprised with a balloon flight whilst in Florida celebrating my 50th and my sons 18th. It was a wonderful experience and Bob made it all the better. My husband organised it all by email and Bob was very prompt with his replies. Cruising over Orlando as the sun was rising was fantastic and I would recommend is to everyone. Thank you Bob for making our birthdays so special.

Visited October 2012
bobwil, Owner at Bob's Balloons, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Writtle, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
“Bob's Balloons - Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We wanted to book something memorable to do on our honeymoon, so decided to do a sunrise Hot Air Balloon ride. After extensive research online of all the local “flyers” we decided on Bob’s Balloons in Orlando, and had a wonderful time!

I must admit, I was wary at first, as whenever I tried to contact Bob by phone or email, he was rather abrupt and to the point – Didn’t really seem to have a sense of humour, nor the time to answer my questions. Both myself and my husband are nervous of heights, but after speaking to similar people with the same problem and finding most don’t have any issues with balloon rides due to the way you’re flying, we really wanted to just bite the bullet and give this a go. And Bob’s reluctance to answer my questions didn’t really help with my nerves… So after some tooing and throwing between ourselves we ended up staying with Bob’s Balloons, and can say that once we were there, everything was fine! Maybe he thought we weren’t really interested in flying with him and were just trying to get info out of him, so decided not to bother with us too much, not really the best approach to take when asking people to spend out that much money, but hey!

As we booked so far in advance, we got a discount of about €20 each using a code from the website, not much, but for two people it adds up a little bit!

I will say, it’s a VERY early start, we got a little lost on the way, as it was just meeting up at a random car park in Kissimmee, best use a satnav if you have one! Once we met with the guys, we loaded into a few minivans and then drove off to the site to get setup.

Don’t listen to all of the other companies saying they can offer better views, they all leave from the same location, and co-ordinate together so that they all fly off at the same time from the same place! Apparently there are about 5/6 locations they can fly from depending on the time of the year (the first place we went for was flooded due to the recent rain). That and apparently there is a no-fly zone over Disney, so don’t believe some of the other sites which advertise “Stunning views of Disney World” cause you can only get so close to see it in the distance!

Once there, your split into groups and paired with a pilot from the company; we were grouped with another local couple which was great for us as the other two balloons had families with about six in each basket plus pilot! Our pilot was a different Bob to the owner I’d spoken to on the phone (there are two Bob’s, the owner is Bob Wilamoski), this guy was brilliant, really laid back, chatty and happy to answer any questions we had and more. He acted as a complete tour guide, letting us know where we were at any time, what was going on in certain areas, what to look out for, and about the history of both ballooning in general and his own extensive experience - I cannot fault him.

Your encouraged to help setup the balloons, though it’s not compulsory it is good fun. As we had three out of four of us nervous about flying, Bob got us all in and had a few of the crew guys push the basket up and off to get us going. Once in the air, Bob had us moving at different heights in order to experience different things. At one point he “accidently” crashed the bottom of the basket into a tree-top, seemingly to prove his point he was trying to make that the basket was very sturdy! He also brought us right down to skim just above a beautiful lake, which provided some amazing pictures in the water reflection! We even flew over the condos we were staying in, and got a birds-eye view of the area we were living.

Once landed, we waited whilst they packed up the balloons, and the vehicles arrived again to pic k up. We moved back to a local farm area which was owned by one of the other owners, and had a “breakfast” of champagne, fresh fruit and crackers whilst they downloaded the flight videos onto miniature balloon shaped USB sticks, took group photos and signed and handed out our “survival” certificates.

All in all was a brilliant experience, and well worth the money! I’d recommend them over some of the other companies as (at the time anyway) they don’t have any commercial sized baskets, so the most you will get in a basket is about 6-8people inc. pilot – whereas some of the other companies were flying this super-sized baskets with about 20+ people on board – not my cup of tea! Much more of a personal experience the way we did it, and would recommend to anyone to give it a try!

Visited November 2011
bobwil, Owner at Bob's Balloons, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thanks for the review. I try to give every customer the TLC they deserve, sometimes I take on more than I should doing so. I am glad (any Bob will do) :) picked up my slack. Please share the video I gave you with everyone, hope to see you again, congratulations, I will slow down some day, Bob
London, United Kingdom
“Best Balloon Ride Ever !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Visiting from the UK we booked a balloon ride with Bobs Balloons this year we went with Orlando balloons last year and i must say this trip was much more than the last with Orlando balloons .
This balloon ride was more personal 6 of us in the basket this time and it was very pleasurable (Orlando Balloons has way to many people in basket 19) Bob has a very nice crew and one of them is a retired firefighter and that made us feel real safe knowing if their was a problem at landing their would be someone to help us on the ground if their was a problem . our flight lasted just over one hour and we then helped the crew pack up and went to a small cafe for a VERY nice light breakfast with champagne and then had the chance to just relax and tell stories with bob and his crew.
If your in the Orlando area and looking for a very fun time book with bob and his crew for a flight you will never forget !!!!!

Visited September 2012
bobwil, Owner at Bob's Balloons, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for flying with me hope to see yoiu again, fun times
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
“Orlando by Balloon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very positive, personal experience. We visited Orlando in early June and a balloon ride was on the agenda! From the point of contact Bob provided us a great time. His experience was evident and we were so happy NOT to be one of the ones being herded on to the other larger Orlando balloons!

Visited June 2012