“perfect vacation getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Cantonment, Florida
“perfect vacation getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Don't know where to begin. It was awesome. My grandchildren loved the pool. Me and my two daughters loved everything. The pool and the awesome views from both balconies. One balcony facing the lake and one facing city where Disney fireworks could be seen. Rooms were plenty big enough and plenty of sleeping space. We were a party of 7 and that was a biggy. Place was 2 miles from walmart, 1 mile from golden corral and walking distance to dollar tree, starbucks and a souvenir shop. Disney parks within 2 miles driving. If you choose to cook in, everything you need is provided. I will for sure reserve the condo again if I ever return to Orlando area. The rates, compared to everyone else, are extremely affordable. What more could you want. Staff very friendly also. I will be sure to recommend this place to my friends and family. We were in tower two on 7th floor. I loved it but if you are afraid of heights Id get a lower level.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

First off let me say we vacation down in Orlando every summer so we have stayed in probably over 20 different hotels. As our family has grown a need for a larger room with more than one bedroom has increased. Blue Heron provides a 2 bedroom - really 3 rooms to sleep while still having washer/dryer, full kitchen, and living room. Fantastic. The service is wonderful - they only are present if you need them. otherwise it is like staying at your own vacation home - no one is bothering you. If you do need them - they are there in a flash - we had an issue with our Fridge and it was fixed within 30 minutes even at 10pm. We also left something in the room and John personally went to the room - found it and shipped it to us at home. you cannot beat that service. The location puts you right between universal, magic kingdom, and sea world. takes 5 minutes to get to downtown disney - a great place to start and end the road trip. a perfect hotel for our needs. Great work

Room Tip: every room is a good one.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment in Tower 1 for 10 days and were really pleased with it. Every room will be decorated in a different way because they are individually owned, and ours was comfortably done. I loved the full kitchen, living area and even dining table, and we had a great view from our balcony overlooking the main pool and the lake. And having the private washer and dryer is such a great convenience to have. The staff all seemed very helpful and the location is great, just outside Disney and only a 10 or 15 minute drive to everything else. They offer shuttles to the Parks, but we had our own car so didn't need to use them. From our experience, I would definitely recommend Blue Heron Beach Resort.

Room Tip: I would recommend Tower 1, just because I liked the view over the main pool and the lake.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Rooms are very nice for the price. Clean and a lot of room to spread out! You won't find a better deal anywhere in the area, in my opinion. We loved having a washer/dryer in our room and enjoyed the spacious bathrooms and overall cleanliness of the place. The front desk was even nice enough to print our boarding passes for our flight the next day. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We spent 2 weeks in a 2 bed 12th floor apartment in Tower 1 from 17/5-31/5. To walk into this clean,spacious and fully furnished apartment after the 9hour flight was fantastic. Then to top it all you open the curtains and the view from the balcony across the lake to clear blue skies means the holiday has truly started.
Air con and fans, kitchen with large fridge/freezer, breakfast bar, lounge, 2 bathrooms and my 5 year old loved her bunk bed in the hallway, strange but worked well.
The apartment was cleaned once a week and the staff were always friendly and on hand to offer advice.
We used the complimentary shuttle service to Epcot with departure times to suit all.
The pools were always clean and a separate area just to do lengths if you want. Then the hot tub to relax.
The costs were very reasonable for what you have,includes free wifi and computer desktop/printer access, there is also ticket sales for the theme parks and other attractions in reception. Nearby are some good value restaurants including Sante Fe and CiCi's with a Starbucks just across from hotel parking.
Universal, Wet n Wild, Disney theme parks are never more than 15mins away by road. And 5mins down the road is a 24hour large Walmart.
I highly recommend the Blue Heron for families and will definitely go back when we return to sunny Florida.

Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My family have just returned having spent 14 nights 20 May - 3 June. We took a 2 bed deluxe apartment in Tower 1 and it was definitely worth the small upgrade price. The apartment is extremely spacious with 2 large bedrooms, bunk beds (huge) in the hallway (sounds strange but they work!) and sofabed in lounge. Our apartment was beautifully maintained with none of the problems I saw in a previous review but as stated each apartment is different. The grounds are really well kept, common areas are spotless, the views from both balconies are great (Lake Bryan one side where you can watch the sun come up and Disney fireworks on the other). Pool area was lovely and we were always able to get a sunbed (no leaving towels down at 6am). A special mention for Linda who runs the poolside bar - she is an absolute star and my kids loved her. The location is perfect for all the parks and shopping at the outlet malls, also plenty of restaurants nearby and Walgreens just across the road for all grocery essentials. Will definitely come back next time we are in Orlando!

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe Disney view room on a high level!
Hixson, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our family spent a week from May 25th - June 1st. We had a 2 br in tower 2 unit 404. Ever heard the term spared no expenses? Well this paticular unit was just a beautiful unit with a lovely view of the lake.However the owner spared every expense on the televisions in the unit. There was a tv in each bedroom, the master bedroom had a king bed and a television that was pushing it to be 15 inches, the one in the living room may have been 24 inches. I will say that they were all flat screens however. I have the same tv in my den at home which is a 32 inch that was in the living room so I know how inexpensive it is. The second bedroom had the 15 inch also it also had 2 twin beds. Now this unit is advertized to accomodate 6 to 8. We had 4 bath towels and 2 wash cloths. Did I mention that we had 7 staying? On one of the twin beds there was blood on the comfortor. The part with the blood was tucked in at the bottom of the bed. We arrived on Saturday May 25th, the " free wi-fi" did not work until Thursday May 7th. Every time we called about it they were "working on it". There were 2 bunk beds for the two toddlers that we had but the twin beds just don't work very well with two full grown adults. Why they didn't at least put queen size beds in I'll never know. The pull out sofa did convert to a queen but the mattress has seen it's best days. We had to call the front office to get what we needed to use the sleeper sofa.And finally the kitchen had an " old school " hand crank can opener that barely worked.I really don't want to sound like I'm picking on the resort because I know that each unit is individually owned. But it's up to the owners to do the simple things. They have a lovely resort but the things listed above need to be pointed out. Our family has spent a week in Orlando for the last two years but I will say that I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: I'm not sure that I can add any tips since each unit is individually owned.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your experience with the cleanliness of your guest room. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize, as that was not the way we typically take care of our guests. We have discussed this topic with the housekeeper who cleaned the room before your arrival, and the Supervisor who should have double-checked the room, and given the room an additional preventative maintenance cleaning. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern.I apologize again for the problems, and thank you for taking the time to let me know about it. The situation with outdated TV's is being corrected in most units. In the very near future most units will have new flat screens in both the living room and bedroom. I have also addressed the limited towels in your unit. Our internet has been an issue and we are very close to having this issue corrected for the future. Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We look forward to your return to the area.
The Management at The Blue Heron Beach Resort

Been to Blue Heron Beach Resort? Share your experiences!