“Just Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
New Jersey
“Just Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed there in 2012. I cannot understand the ratings this hotel receives so I thought I would write my review. Better late than never. Anyway, it was just average, maybe just a tad over average. An average pool with nothing that would wow you and not much shade. Our stay was quiet and the room was clean and spacious. I did like the coffee maker, a Keurig. The hotel is also conveniently located near a strip center with a supermarket and was close enough to all of the attractions. It also has a small game room. In summary, it was nice, conveniently located but just average.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,305)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

A very good stay, I did however have something come up during my stay. I received a phone call at 2:00 am in the morning. I was told my interior light was on in my vehicle. Although I most certainly did not want to be woke up on the middle of the night. Moreover I really did not want a dead battery in the morning. I want to thank The security personnel Jessie Molina for taking the time to let the front deck know that my interior light was on in my vehicle. Also I want the Front Desk person James Jackson to know that I really appreciate that he made the call at 2:00 am. Both of you took the initiative to do something to make sure our stay at your resort was good and without additional problems. Thank you very much.
Steven Pollock

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lakeville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We thought this place was just great! Everything you could want and more. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!! Close to Sea World! We would stay here again without question... We stayed in a huge 3 bedroom... They were great to us!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Durham, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We booked the Floridays after seeing the ratings in Trip advisor. Our disappointment with Floridays started with right from the check-in process. I asked the front desk lady to put us & other family ( booked together) next to each other or very near. She told us that she can't guarantee and would try but also said that we are free to go somewhere else. After booking the vacation months in advance i was quite irritated to hear this response.
Now the next one waiting in the cards is even worse. After i go back from vacation found several charges on my credit card. We pre-paid for the hotel through Universal vacation booking. I had to call Floridays several times to get the transactions taken out from my credit card. In the first place they should not have posted multiple transaction on my card. I am still dealing with the issue. The answer from Floridays is that 'they don't know' how multiple fradulent charges appeared on my card and that's the last thing you would want to hear!. Through out all this you don't hear any courtesy apologies or anything near that. I am not sure with this kind of rude behaviour how they got good ratings on trip advisor.

Stayed in Floridays last week and after retuning back home found several credit card transactions fradulently charged on the card.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Oswego, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is the 2nd year in a row we stayed at the property and it was great once again. We come from Chicago and my family all live in Tampa, so we get 2 rooms (a 2BR and a 3BR) and Floriday's accommodates us by putting the rooms near each other.

Having a full kitchen is great for family dinners (we had 12 people this trip) and really cuts down on expenses of eating out for that many people. We did have a rental car and it was easy to get to the Disney parks (I can see where the shuttle service would be okay, but the time restrictions wouldn't have worked for us). The rental car, using the Floriday's discount with Dollar cost us less than $150 for the entire week, which was well worth it. Also, don't worry about paying for parking at Disney, just drive a few miles to Downtown Disney then take the Mouse Transportation busses to all the parks... saves you $14 a day.

We ordered some food from the café, just wish it was open a little longer. After spending the entire day at the park, getting back to the hotel at 11 or 12, sometimes food would be good (like you can at most Disney hotels).

I found the rooms clean, housekeeping courteous and fulfilling. The hotel quickly accommodates requests or resolves any concerns. The pool is awesome, my daughter and family LOVED it (and adults can get drinks on deck).

Overall very happy with the stay again. Look for the prepaid or guaranteed rate for the best discounts. You get multiple rooms, a full kitchen, living and dining rooms for about the cost that a Disney value resort is for 2 beds in a single "hotel" room.

We will definitely be coming back!

Quick note: if you have kids and need a stroller you should rent one from Orlando Stroller Rental. We had a City Elite for a week for less than $100 (that included a much needed rain cover as well as insurance for damage or theft). They drop it off at your hotel and pick it up when you are done with it. We'll always be doing this!

Room Tip: If booking more than one room, ask for them to be together. They accommodated this request well.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 2weeks in April. 3 adults and 3 children. This is an amazing hotel, everything from the washer/dryer in the room to the coffee pot, to the location! We Booked it based on other reviews and they are exact, don't mind the one or two bad reviews. You can't please everyone. This is definitely a 4 star resort. All our requests were met upon arrival, as we were travelling with an 18 month old.
Everyone was very friendly, even the cleaning staff who did a great job.
Our older children loved the pool (as did we) ,plenty of pool towels and sun loungers. Nice to come back after a busy day in the parks to have a swim! Great service in the pool bar and cafe!
What more can I say, we loved it. We will definitely be back. Have already recommended this resort to other family members!
Thanks to Marian at the front desk also.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Camberley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

So I have a couple of feisty kids ( 10 & 8) & a villa would be no use as I love the fact that there is a constant stream of lovely playmates for my two from all over the world, who by the way often become pen palls as a result of our visit to Floridays Resort. The apartments are kitted out better than mine...& the staff really couldn't be more welcoming & helpful. The weekend brings lovely live music & a fab poolside games/competition, the cocktails are yum & you're about 5 to 10 mins from Disney :) You can walk 3 mins to a glorious supermarket/pharmacy/many places to eat & a cheapo bus outside to just about anywhere you want on I Drive ! However, what brings me back, time & time again is the staff ! I can't wait for the summer :) x

Room Tip: Some rooms will give you a view of the Disney fireworks every night, worth asking as sitting on your...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Floridays Resort Orlando? Share your experiences!