“Comfortable Family” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Chaska, Minnesota
“Comfortable Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was our first stay at Floridays and it provided a great base for our time Orlando. We had a two bedroom which was plenty big for our family of 6 with children ages 12, 15, 17 and 25. Checkin was quick and efficient. We were pleasantly surprised at the space in the kitchen and the unexpected whirlpool tube in the master bedroom. The dinning room space was abit small, no walking room behind the chairs on either side when folks were seated. The living room area worked great as we stayed up later and watched some TV together. The beds were comfortable and shower was large. Our family used the workout room which had a variety of machines and found it adequate but not very large for such a large hotel. The location is great and convenient to outstanding shopping at a local high end outlet mall and many restaurants. There was shuttle service to the disney attractions. The rooms were a bit dated and showing some wear and tear, but overall a great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

4,708 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,079)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were a family of 5, 3 young adults and my husband and I. Youngest son is 16, oldest daughter is 24. We had a 2 bdrm and in Bldg C which we loved!!! I was hoping for A or B but they were full so we went with C and we were so glad we did. It was a beautiful view of the pond and yes there is construction going on to the right for a road they are putting in but since we were on the top floor (advice that I got from this site) so we didn't hear a thing. The room was very clean and had everything we needed. Even a corkscrew!!! I didn't think we had one so the bar tender at the pool said she would open it for us no problem but in the drawer we found one so we were good. The pool was beautiful and we saw 2 little ducks swimming around too but thought they were cute and they were shooed out quickly. The pool now has all new lounge chairs, we watched them being unloaded from the truck!!! The staff at this resort are so friendly and you feel they really care about their jobs. I was relaxing one morning at the front of the resort in 1 of the chairs by the front door of the lobby and there was a woman washing the windows, and as awful as a job that may be she chatted with me and was so pleasant I could have sat there for hours just talking with her. I loved her southern drawl and I wish everyone could be so happy in life. The pizza was a big hit with our kids and I think we had one later in the evening almost every night lol. The location was great and convenient to all the parks. I would def. go back. Loved it!

Room Tip: My one tip would be don't stay on the 1st floor as you have people walking right past your room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

After spending two weeks in hotel rooms, it was welcome relief to be in a 3 bedroom apartment with all the comforts of home including a washer and dryer! This apartment comfortably slept 4 adults and 4 kids and we were able to cook dinner a few nights and stay in rather than find another restaurant. Pool was great and very helpful and friendly hotel staff. You also can get a shuttle to the parks through the resort. And finally is is located 10-15 minute walk to the local grocery store and the outlets!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was our second stay at floridays and we enjoed it even more. We go to orlando almost every year and have stayed in the past at residence inn mariott, hilton, animal kingdom resort but staying at flordays is the most comfortable.

As a family with a small baby the full kitchen was what we were looking for. even though other resorts offer full kitchens as well, this comes with all pots and pans, blender toaster etcetc you might need to actually use it. Publix is less than a mile away so once be bought some basic groceries we could have a good breakfast in our room everyday before heading out to the theme parks. saved us time and money. also on days we were too tired to go out to a restaurant at the end of the day we could even whip up a mini dinner. there is a preety nice and not too overpriced cafe on the property and a benihana restaurant next door you can walk to.

There is a washer dryer in the unit which came in very handy when our little one threw up.

The pool is pretty nice (biiger than residence inn) , there is a small aracde on the premises and we also discovered a redbox like dvd rental machine in the game room on the last day. the location is great, close to a lot of restaurants we like and driving to sea world , universal etc was 5-15 min. in comparison staying on disney resorts we felt too far away from everything else, and captive to restaurants on property. here your car is parked right next to the building so you can gt up and go anywhere you want to quickly...in disney the parking is quite a walk so you end up using disney's transportation which means quite a wait anywhere you want to be plus you can only go to all things disney. we preferred this much more.

they do not do a full housekeeping everyday like hotels do but once you are used to the idea having the beds made and plenty of fresh towels every day was good enough.

Overall I feel this is a great place to stay in Orlando when travelling with family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Ive stayed at Floridays quite a few times over the years. Its a great place to stay for the money.
I like that it is so close to my favorite outlets ! The rooms at the Floridays are great......... two bedrooms , kitchen, two bathrooms , living room dining area. Nice pool on the property.
The only complaint that I have this time is the towels , every towel I used while I was there had a hole in it. They really need house keeping to check out the towels before they place them in the rooms. I think its time to invest in some new towels and get rid of the old ratty ones.
Other than that it is a nice clean place to stay and conveniently located to everything.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Atkinson, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

2nd time here at the Floridays and like the first, had a fabulous stay! Check in by Maria was fast, cheerful and welcoming. Our 2 bedroom suite was very comfortable, clean. Loved the little amenities left for us,(dish soap, laundry soap, shampoo, lotion, coffee, etc). Even though I was in building F which was a bit far from the main pool, our building had a pool also, which my daughter and husband enjoyed as it wasn't crowded. Ordered room service (fish tacos, teriyaki wings, pizza) delivery was timely and delicious! Customer service, value, location and resort itself is the reason why we keep coming back!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in mid-April, with a family group (3 rooms). The place is huge - about 430 rooms, with 6 buildings. We were in Building F, which is so far from the front of the resort that it has a different zip code. Before we got there, I called & asked that (1) all three rooms be next to each other, and (2) the rooms be at the front of the resort (for the 4 grandparents traveling w/ us). Although the rooms were next to each other, we were on the 5th floor of Building F - we literally could not have been farther away from the front of the resort, so to go to the pool, convenience store, bar, front desk or concierge, we had to drive. My kids called it Building Far Away. The rooms are OK. Very large, which is nice, and the kitchens were well equipped. Walls are paper thin, and we literally could hear everything above, below and around us, which was not great. Daily housekeeping consists only of bed-making and fresh towels, no cleaning, but you can pay extra for daily cleaning. There are two pools - a small unheated one in the back, and a large heated one in the front. The large one was nice, and my kids liked it. Front desk service leaves a lot to be desired. While checking us in, the desk person took about 12 phone calls, and couldn't explain why we were in Building F despite my specific, advance request. Later, our keys were deactivated. I walked the 40 miles to the front desk, got new keys, walked 40 miles back to the room, and the new key did not work. I called the front desk, and the desk person (who had just made the keys) said that she would "try to find the security guy". I told her I was standing in front of the room, and could she please expedite that, so I didn't have to walk all the way back to the front desk. She really couldn't have been less helpful. Fortunately, the security guy happened to be in the building, and then we needed the engineer (the lock had broken - there was nothing wrong with the keys), and they were helpful. Although this ended up being only a minor inconvenience, the total lack of interest from the front desk was really off-putting. On the bright side, the location is very convenient - about 20 minutes to Disney & Universal, and less than 10 minutes to Sea World. Overall, it was OK, but I'm not sure I'd hurry back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in Building A or B.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Floridays Resort Orlando? Share your experiences!