Resort – We had no issues with our check in though we arrived 45 minutes early. Our room was ready. The grounds are kept up very nicely. There is road construction going on near the main entrance so you have to enter via a temporary entrance. Not a big deal or issue. Accessibility to the main highways or theme parks is very easy and only a short drive. Our room was located in the F building on the first floor. This is the last building in the complex but we did not mind the location. You are able to walk to the smaller pool from the F building which is a quiet. It is never packed. You can walk to the larger pool if you want a bit of exercise but we were lazy and took the rental SUV each time since we had two kids in tow. We never had an issue with parking.
Room – the value you get for the condo like room cannot be matched. We could not have been any happier with the room. It was very quiet. Room over looked the pond/lake. The first floor porch is screened in to keep the bugs and animals out. The two bedrooms, two baths room is plenty spacious. It was extremely cleaned when we arrived. The washer, dryer, and dishwasher are extremely loud. The coffee maker takes k-cups so if you grocery shop before arriving buy k-cups not ground coffee. Resort supplies a starter kit but you can purchase additional items at the Palm’s Café which are reasonable priced for the convenience. There is no reason to pay extra for the maid service beyond what is included unless you plan on having a party each night. Wi-Fi accessibility was never an issue in the room. We only had one issue with room which was the whirlpool tub on/off button that did not work but was fixed in a very timely fashion. We got a courteous call from Wayne at the front desk to make sure it was fixed. Kudos to Wayne!!
Pool – The main pool area is very nice. There is no lifeguard on watch but a nice feature of the pool for parents is that you can sit on the edge and be able to watch the entire pool to keep an eye on your kids. We never had a problem in finding a lounge chair or table to sit. The pool area always had clean, fresh towels available. There is a large sandbox area for the kids to play. The only issue we had with the main pool area was the friendly squirrels and ducks that visit you when you have food to eat. This is a little annoying and not the most sanitary aspect but if people continue to feed them they will not go away. The pool bar drinks prices are high but nothing shocking for a resort. Bring your own beverage and plastic cup.
Palm’s Café - We only ordered here once for takeout and the order was wrong. Burgers did not include cheese and we asked for the toppings to be put on the side. The prices are reasonable for resort. They were not over the top. Service was very friendly and café was clean and organized.
Dinning/Stores – Singing Sam Pizza is pretty good. Benihana, walking distance, has really good hibachi. Joe’s Crab Shack is a bit farther drive but great for a family dining if you like seafood. Publix, Subway, Seven Eleven, Dunkin Donuts, and liquor store are within a 5 minute or less drive from the resort.
Overall – we had an excellent stay. The resort location is ideal. I am not sure you can get a better value for your vacation dollars. The best way that I can sum up our stay is a quote from my 6 year old daughter. “You are the best Daddy in the world for letting us stay here. This place was great!”
- Also Known As:
- Floridays Resort Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Floridays Resort Orlando Hotel
- Floridays Hotel Orlando
- Floridays Resort
- Floridays Orlando Hotel
- Floridays Orlando
- Floridays Hotel
- Floridays Orlando Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named TripAdvisor's #1 Family hotel in the U.S. in 2013, Floridays Resort Orlando is a luxury, all-suite condominium-style Orlando resort, located in the heart of the action near Lake Buena Vista on International Drive, just a few miles from attractions and steps away from sensational shopping and dining. Our spacious 2- and 3-Bedroom Grand Suites are perfect for families looking for spacious accommodations, with 2 full baths, master suite with en suite bathroom, full kitchen (for a self-catering experience), dining and living room area, and balcony or patio. Scheduled theme park shuttles included. WiFi throughout the property and in every suite. Consistently in the top 5 on TripAdvisor, the guest experience is unparalleled in the Orlando hotel market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Amex, Priceline, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Floridays Resort Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.