Well, we arrived the reception was busy, but it didn't take us long to get checked-in. The staff member that did so (Breanne) was lovely and helpful. We even went back down after dropping our bags off and asked her more questions, which were answered without hesitation.
The complex is located at the southern end of International Drive, but the 2 bedroom condo that we were in (which we had booked privately with the owner) was very spacious, well equipped and even comes with a complimentary starter pack of washing powder, dishwasher powder, washing up cloth and scourer, coffee and a few other bits and pieces! There are 3 bedroom condos available too!
In our condo, the master bedroom is large with an en-suite bathroom which is just as big! This comes with a jacuzzi bath and separate shower. The second bedroom is also a good size with two double beds and a good size bathroom next door with a shower over the bath.
The living area was comfortable with a nice big tv! There's also a combi DVD & video player and you can rent DVD's for $2 (plus sales tax!) from the games room and there was quite a large choice there too. But you do need a credit/debit to rent these. In the kitchen area you have a cooker, microwave, (huge!) fridge/freezer, blender, toaster, coffee maker and a kettle which you use on the cooker. Also, there's plenty of cutlery and crockery for you to use and also cooking utensils and pots and pans. There's also a 6-seater dining table which was lovely. Out on the balcony there's a table and two chairs where you'll have a great view of I-Drive and the surrounding area and some wildlife in the small lake below!!
If you're on a budget and don't want to eat out every night, there's a Publix supermarket just around the corner and it sells virtually everything you need and the bakery section is to die for, if you have a sweet tooth!! If you prefer Walmart, there's one about 3 miles away in nearby Kissimmee.
If, like us, you don't wish to drive, then the Lynx number 8 service runs frequently from outside the complex and both stops (either side of the road) are multi stops which also serve the I-Trolley service for both North & Southbound. Although do watch with the I-Trolley as some services going Northbound run a slightly different route as there is what is called the Red Line or Green Line and the green line doesn't run quite as frequently! But, if you have internet access there's an app you can use which tells you approximately how soon the next trolley will be along!
Overall, a great stay and cannot wait to go back there! :)
- Also Known As:
- Floridays Resort Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Floridays Resort Orlando Hotel
- Floridays Hotel Orlando
- Floridays Resort
- Floridays Orlando Hotel
- Floridays Orlando
- Floridays Hotel
- Floridays Orlando Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named TripAdvisor's #1 Family hotel in the U.S. in 2013, Floridays Resort Orlando is a luxury, all-suite condominium-style Orlando resort, located in the heart of the action near Lake Buena Vista on International Drive, just a few miles from attractions and steps away from sensational shopping and dining. Our spacious 2- and 3-Bedroom Grand Suites are perfect for families looking for spacious accommodations, with 2 full baths, master suite with en suite bathroom, full kitchen (for a self-catering experience), dining and living room area, and balcony or patio. Scheduled theme park shuttles included. WiFi throughout the property and in every suite. Consistently in the top 5 on TripAdvisor, the guest experience is unparalleled in the Orlando hotel market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Venere, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Floridays Resort Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.