“Top notch, why go to a hotel when you can stay at Floridays” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Direct
Ranked #8 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
NEW HAMPSHIRE
“Top notch, why go to a hotel when you can stay at Floridays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here based on Trip Advisor positive reviews. This place is top notch for a place to stay for families. I'll break down our entire experience to help someone looking for a place to stay.

Arriving....was an easy drive from the airport (20 min), check in was a little slow as there was only one desk attendant and gentleman was asking a lot of general questions. Once I got to front of the line everything went smooth. I immediately went over to desk consierre service who made some good recommendations on tickets. We bought 3 day tickets to Universal and one day for SeaWorld. Gave some great advice for recommendations on what to do. I never used the shuttle but saw that people did, seemed like an ok option for someone who doesn't want to drive. Although I will say that resort is in a great area...just a short drive to Disney and Seaworld....was also an easy trip to Universal.

We were placed in building #4...furthest from main lobby and pool that you see in the pictures. There is a smaller pool closer to building but not the kid friendly pool that the one is at beginning of resort. At night we would change and take a short drive over. Main pool is really fantastic, heated and depth was right for my two young children. Kids could of stayed here and been just as happy, again very nice.

Our building had 2 elevators and we only encountered people in building few of the 7 days we were there. Our 2 bedroom suite was really nice, pretty much what you see in the pictures. Nice kitchen, full size refridgerator, microwave, stove and also plenty of dishes and silverware. Really nice when your there for an entire week. We saved money by eating breakfast before leaving every morning. The room service is good, they take trash, make beds and change out towels every day. Some reviews mention this but it was no big deal for me. We actually used the washer/dryer a couple of times, worked out well.

The dining room was adequate, living room nice with enough seating. Deck is small with just 2 chairs. Our view looked over a desolate field with no view. Was originally bummed by building but is turned out ok as we had a great view of the Disney fireworks every night at 8pm. Master bedroom was nice and master bath, jacuzzi tub, stand up shower were nice. My wife complained that water pressure was poor but wasn't a big deal to me. Two beds in other room were great for kids, the 2nd bathroom was alright, used very little while we were there. First part of the week Mon-Thurs was very quiet, once quite a few new people came in Friday night and the weekend it seemed to get a lot louder.

Overall this was about $30-40 more a night than a standard hotel room, in my opinion well worth it. Could it of been a little better based on where our room was, yes....but this is a fantastic place to stay. They do charge you like $12 a day extra for a resort fee? i should also mention we got money back by booking our room on Tingo. When I return I will stay here again in a heart-beat and would recommend to anyone. Who is this place for, families of 4-6 people looking for a great place...not sure if I was single or just a couple it may be a bit much.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Wayne S, Director of Front Office Operations at Floridays Resort Orlando, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear NEFANMAN
My goodness...one of the most detailed reviews I have read about Floridays. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. Certainly, others will find it most helpful when choosing a place to stay for their family vacation. You touched on a number of excellent points; our location, our resort amenities, the suite itself, and the overall value. I wish everyone could read the entire review as it is that detailed and spot on! Well done. In case you didn't know, we offer around-the-clock golf cart transportation anywhere on property so even those in building F don’t have to drive to use the Grand Pool. I do hope we will see you and your family again for your next Orlando vacation. Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,218)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This property is just awesome!!! We had a 2 bedroom unit as we have 2 teenagers and it accommodated us perfectly. Very close to all parks and shopping. It's a big property with nice grounds. Staff was very friendly. Will definitely stay there again.

Dear Johnhcraig
I think it's AWESOME that you thing we're AWESOME. Thanks for the great review. It means a lot to me. Both our friendly staff and I would be happy to have you and your family back in the future for your next vacation. Be sure to check out our website for the best available rates. See you soon!
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Good valve for the money but does need some TLC. Rooms have minor issues that should be addressed. Jet tub not working, dripping/leaking tap, screens needed for sliding doors and other minor improvements needed in other areas.

Great location - would have been nice to be informed that some construction was taking place when we booked.

Not sure what the resort fee covered as no extras seemed to be happening during the 4 days of our stay. Small pools with few chairs - smaller pool could use a good cleaning. Tennis/basketball court would be nice for teenagers.

Staff very friendly and food service at the hotel was very good but a little pricey.

Dear Lisa S
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay; I'm sorry we fell short of our usual high standards that virtually all guests experience at Floridays. You are correct; the defects that you found in the suite upon arrival should have been caught before you checked in. I am sorry we were not better prepared. The County road construction has been very hit and miss as the road that is being built is about a mile in length. We can go several weeks without construction near Floridays and then have them return to this side of I-4 for a while making it hard to know when noise would impact our guests. Luckily, we are being told that the road will be completed in May. Last week, we doubled the number of chaise lounges on the Grand Pool deck will all new furniture and moved the old furniture to the quiet pool. The resort fee of $12.25 per night covers what a lot of resorts offer as a-la-carte services; self-parking, local and toll-free calls, Wi-Fi throughout the property, scheduled theme park shuttles, and access to the fitness room. I was pleased to read that you found our Associates friendly and the Palm Cafe food good. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future. Until then...be well.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our family of four really enjoyed this condo hotel. The best part is being able to spread out when the family is in the room. Comfortable living area, ktichen, and a seperate bedroom for the kids made the trip more restful. Touring Disney parks is very tiring so it is nice to come back to a quiet, spacious condo. There is even a washer/dryer in every unit.
The location is very convenient to the Disney parks ( Universal and Sea World too). It costs $14 per day to park at Disney and we thought it was worth the convenience of having our own car vs. using the hotel shuttle, which has limited pick-up and drop-off times, and likely stops at multiple hotels. I would have stayed on the DIsney property if we did not have our own car.
We did not use the pool very much since the weather was chilly in Orlando the week we visited. We ordered takeout from the pool cafe to enjoy in our room a couple of times. Food was tasty.
The room had so much more bang for the buck (200/night including taxes and resort fee!!!) than anything that we could have gotten on the Disney property. For that reason, I do not think we will ever stay at a Disney World hotel if we have our own car. When you consider the size of the Disney property, even if you stay at a Disney hotel, you have to take buses, boats, monoralis etc. to reach the different parks. Might as well use our own car and stay off property and park in the parking lots. Easier and less stressful and more comfortable for sure.
I would definitely stay at Floridays again. If you are looking for a luxary resort where you are waited on hand and foot at the pool, this place is not for you. If you are looking for an affordable, clean, spacious place to stay and be able to cook some meals then I think you will be very satisfied.
If I had to be nitpicky, then I would point out that of the three TV's in our unit, only the main one in the living area was a flat screen. Also, the pillows were puffy and uncomfortable but the mattress was fine. Lastly both of the showers had less pressure than I would like, though I guess they are being "green". Instead, take a bath in the huge double-size jacuzzi tub!

Dear PBJNK
Sorry about the weather! I like your review as you spent some time comparing value both on and off Disney property. Our scheduled theme park shuttles are an included amenity of the $12.25 resort fee (among many other inclusions). Parking at the parks is $14-$15 per day. Disney always notes to its guests to allow up to 90 minute of transit time when using Disney Transport between Disney destinations. Generally speaking, our shuttles a quick trip to all parks as we are in the center of them all. We have always prided ourselves on being such a great value at Floridays; many guests feeling as you do about the exceptional bang-for-the-buck. Plus we have the added luxury of over 1000 square feet of living space in our 2-bedroom suites (almost 1300square feet in the 3-bedrooms)...simply a lot of room to just spread out and unwind with the family. So thank you for making such great points in your review. It will certainly assist other families who are deciding on where to stay for their next vacation. We hope to see you soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here March 6th - 12th 2013 along with our 2 children while visiting Orlando Theme Parks. The rooms are spacious and there are some amenities that surprised me,despite the fact that I had did the research. We had a 2 Bedroom Suite in Building "C" which was a great centralized building a short walk from the Main Building.

The room had Keurig Coffee maker, a stacked compact washer and dryer, full size refrigerator, Toaster, electric can opener, full size oven,microwave, and a dishwasher. Clean cutlery, dishes, and assorted glasses as well. Five complimentary k-cups, and packs of Laundry and dishwasher detergent were present in the room when we arrived (all came in handy). We ordered room service on the first night. The food was delivered timely and was good.

I would recommend a high floor in Building C because you are still close to the central hub (main pool, store and bar) without having to deal with the noise from the people in the pool in the evening (pool closes at 11:pm). Floridays is about a 8 minute drive to the Magic Kingdom. It is also close to Seaworld. Other parks are a little further, but overall great location. Walgreens and Supermarket (Publix) are a 2 minute drive away as are Outlets, take out/delivery restaurants and other dining options.

An overall great experience.

If you arrive to Floridays after 8:30 PM please be courteous to guests by not yelling or talking loudly in the parking lots. Parents with small children are exhausted and are probably trying to sleep.

Dear Chuck_Northeast
I have always said here in the Trip Advisor community how much I appreciate hearing from Senior Reviewers. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed account of your vacation. I was pleased that you thought that your suite was well-equipped, that our location worked well for you vacation needs, and that your overall experience was great. Thanks as well for mentioning that Room Service was timely and good; a nice amenity available nightly until 10pm. Also you offered a great tip about room assignment; building C is just far enough away that is somewhat insulated from the evening music and noise at the Grand Pool. By the sounds of it, I am hopeful that we will see you back again for your next family vacation? Let me know if I can assist you in any way.
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place and the all the rooms had to offer. We only stayed here for the 1 night before our Disney cruise but we loved everything about it. The apartment style rooms were spacious and we loved having separate rooms for the kids and having 2 bathrooms.. Only complaint would be lack of lounge chairs by the pool... Would certainly stay here again..

• Stayed March 2013
Dear jon_turner
Thank you for the review on your pre-cruise stay. Good news! We have doubled the number of chairs on the Grand Pool deck in the past 7 days (our guests ask...we deliver!). Plus the new chaise lounges look fantastic - not to mention very comfortable. Keep us in mind for your next vacation when you may be able to spend a bit more time as our guest. We hope to see you soon!
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We chose this resort becaue of all of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. We must say the resort is conveniently located to both Disney and Universal, places we were visiting. When we first checked in to Building D, room 612, we distinctly noticed that it was a "smoking" room, despite the fact this is a non-smoking property. When we complained to the front desk, they sent a gentleman to check it out (John), who tried with some kind of spray to remove the smoke (to no avail). He told us he had tried for the past 24 hours to remove the odor. (so if the problem was already known, why were we given this room?) The resort offered to move us to another room, which we gladly did. Much better! They also told us they would remove one night's stay from our bill, but upon check out, we leaned they only meant the resort fee ($30). Not pleased with that, they finally took $150, off of our bill, better than nothing. We will say that the hotel staff are extremely friendly. We had a 3 bedroom suite, which was so much better than staying in a hotel room. Lots of comfortable space. Pool area is nice (plus 2 smaller pools elsewhere on property). Construction a bit annoying, but suppose it has to be done sometime. all in all, a very fine place to stay. However, the non-smoking room policy needs to be better enforced.

Room Tip: Avoid Building D room 612