“Big” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Meriden, NH
“Big”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

A lot has been said, and I basically agree with the comments. The one addition is which building you end up in does make a difference in the experience. We stayed in Building F, which one small child decided meant "Farthest". It was beyond the equipment shed and laundry collection site. As far as amenities it was way way too far, through endless parking lots, to hike to the main pool and with a two year old. In fact the site builder figured that out and put a tiny pool within walking distances, again if you want to deal with a two year old through three full size parking lots.
The view from our rooms was of a nice pond, but if we opened the balcony doors a swarm of flying insects joined us.
If your intent is to only go to off site amusements, then "F for farthest"building is OK.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wayne S, Director of Front Office Operations at Floridays Resort Orlando, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Dinnaah
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. On your next vacation, may I suggest you place a short note into your reservation about building preference; my leadership team will certainly make their best efforts to get you a preferred location. Until then...be well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,218)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed at Floridays for four nights in February. First time at the resort and the accommodations were fantastic. Very clean, kitchen was stocked better than my own, two bedrooms two bathrooms. Loved having a washer and dryer. Stayed on the first floor with a view of the quiet pool and pond, very nice. Absolutely no complaints with the room, housekeeping was friendly and efficient. Great to have a large space to come back to at the end of the day with room for everyone without having to pay the ridiculous prices other places charge for the same type of accommodation (or smaller!) I never heard any of my neighbors it was very quiet, however the first night some kind of loud beeping came from the area by the elevators after midnight, called the front desk a few times then fell asleap and when I woke up it had stopped.
The pool was nice, very large, first day there we found the pool cold, kids braved it as much as they could. They could really use some music by the pool, occasionally you could hear something in the background, all you hear is the water running. Sandy play area was great, just wish it was closer to the kids section of the pool. I saw someone mentioned activities, we spent two full days at the pool but I didnt see any - just kids chasing ducks. My kids were happy with the pool area regardless. Food was good, bar nice, just as a tip, they automatically added a gratuity to room service which i did not know and tipped the person so they made out well.
Location is great to all parks, we bring a car and were at Epcot in 8 minutes. Very easy to find. Publix is right nearby (walkable yes, but there is construction between you and the store so there really is no sidewalk). Parking is ample and very convenient. Each building has luggage carts which really helps.
Only issue I had was prior to arriving, we added on a day and got the run around from person to person to person for hours before finally giving up on linking reservations. That process could use some tweaking. I agree with the person who mentioned the front desk. While polite, they assist you and then move on to the next thing (perhaps the several people they put on hold) so abruptly that both times i was there I didnt know if they were done with me, they just kind of looked away and when I said 'am I all set' they seemed surprised i hadnt already left them. No thank yous or what have you.
Overall very pleased with Floridays, If I have my choice we will be back, the room alone was worth it to me, husband prefers walking out the door to a pool or having more outdoor space or a place with complimentary breakfast and/or evening refreshments, but I think Floridays is a great place to stay with fabulous accommodations and very convenient to all attractions.

Room Tip: Building D offers a view of the pond while still being very convenient to the pool.
Dear Cochise1CT
Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments with the Trip Advisor community. I appreciate all you said about location, the suite itself, the value, and our amenities. And the ducks! Our poolside activities program is currently every Saturday and Sunday from 11am-1pm, weather permitting. Our Front Desk team reads reviews daily and I have asked each of them for feedback on how to avoid what you experienced; each has their individual ideas but all agree to be more thoughtful of balancing their many duties to stay focused on the guests in the lobby. When you return, let me know how we are doing.
Riverview, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

First the good...pool area was great. The two bartenders at the pool bar were top notch. Really liked the fact that in the A.M.they power washed the whole pool area and it was always clean and tidy.
The room service lady was really really great she also went over and beyond with the care of our room. She was a terrific lady and if I was a business owner I would love to have her on my staff.

Now the Bad.
I booked early per paid and they put me in a handicapped room? Which was beat to heck. The worst thing a lamp in the kids room was broken right where you turn it on and it zapped my 7 year old daughter the last night we were in the room. Now, when I was checking out I explained this to the lady she was rude and acted like I was lying. I was in a hurry to get to the airport or I would have asked to speak to a Manager. Also when I was checking in the lady was not very friendly and was chewing something. I really liked the resort overall but the front desk needs work and don't put people in rooms reserved for handicapped folks. We had room 112 unit B. stayed Feb 28 to March 5th.

Room Tip: Rooms on 1st floor are very noisy and Handicapped rooms are a little worn. We were in building B roo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Wayne S, Director of Front Office Operations at Floridays Resort Orlando, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Nathan H
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. It is always gratifying when an Associate is recognized for going above and beyond. I will be sure that our Executive Housekeeper is made aware so that he can follow up with the lady servicing your room. Rooming assignments in a condo hotel are a bit different that in a traditional hotel environment whereas the rooms are assigned automatically. This simply allows a fair rotation process for each of our unit owners regarding the usage of their individual suite. While the chance of being automatically assigned another ADA unit on a future visit is rather low, I may suggest making note of such request in your next reservation. All requests are reviewed the morning of arrival and rooms are assigned accordingly. And thank you for your note about our Front Desk Associates. By providing the unit number as you did, I am able to specifically address the issue with those that checked you in and out. I apologize for the less-than excellent service you were provided as it is certainly not reflective of our usual high level of service at our Front Desk. If I may be of assistance with a future booking, please contact me directly. I look forward to your next visit.
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with my immediate family (2 adults, 2 kids) plus a set of grandparents. Floridays offers a perfect setup for this kind of extended family gathering. We had one of the 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom suites and were able to comfortably co-exist without feeling too on top of each other. The kitchen and dining areas were great to -- we were able to eat breakfast and dinner in the suite and save some money on restaurants. Other nice features: the in-suite washer/dryer, and the master bath with large jacuzzi tub. I booked well in advance and got a great price so all-in-all, we felt like we got a great value for our money.

We, like many Orlando visitors, spent our days at the parks. It was very nice to come back to comfortable space in the evenings. The only small downside I would mention (and it is small) is that Floridays has a large complex. We were in Building F, which is the farthest one from the check-in/office building. It made trips to buy park tickets, visit the fitness center, use the main pool, etc. a bit of a haul. Overall, would absolutely go back!

Room Tip: Just be aware that there are multiple buildings, with F being the farthest away from the main buildi...
Dear TforB P
Thank you for the 5 out of 5 review. I appreciate that! The 3-bedroom really is the perfect set up as you mentioned; the master bedroom at one end and the 2 guest bedrooms and a bathroom at the other end with living spaces in between. And many guests like you enjoy the ability to save money by making use of the fully equipped kitchen. On your next visit, be sure to make note on your reservation if you have a specific building or location in mind as we review those requests daily. I am so glad to hear that you will be returning! Until then take care.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Read the many reviews on tripadvisor and make reservations with confidence.

Great service, great facilities, great everything

I have a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit. Master bath is amazing with a jetted tub, separate shower. Kitchen is great with all appliances

Personally I love the pool.

Reserve with confidence and enjoy your stay at floridays!

Jim

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear jimingersoll
Thank you for helping to instill confidence into other travelers who are wanting to make a reservation at Floridays. Your review is greatly appreciated and well stated. I am glad you enjoyed everything that we have to offer and do hope we will see you back again soon.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Our womens group stayed for conference and the service was awesome.the beds were comfortable.the rooms are spacious and luxurious.the ground are fully accessible.we were served lunch everyday, which was good. Make certain that you call the front desk for house keeping to pick up extra trash otherwise it will be left. The coffee is wonderful, heads up after the samples are gone you have to pay for more.so you can go to the front desk and get a coupon for Starbucks, buy one tall get one free or 7-Eleven is very close. the front desk will also print your boarding passes if your flying out. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, every one spoke and was always very helpful.I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Deemark
Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us and for highlighting some of the resort's many amenities. Indeed, once the complimentary starter pack of coffee is used, additional coffee pods can be purchased at The Palm Cafe or at the nearby Publix supermarket. We look forward to having you - and your women’s group - back again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed at Floridays for two weeks. Just got back today. 03/03/13. We had a wonderful stay and everything about Floridays is what they say it is. Every request we made was honoured and all the staff were extremely helpful. Miriam,Eboni on the front desk thank you so much. Ray for your kind help. The new trainee on concierge was very good. But mostly and most importantly to James for all his help to make our time spent there extra special. He didn't have to go that extra mile but he did. Actually he went even further and surprised us with a wonderful anniversary gift. Thank you so much for making our stay magical. Everyone was so happy and helpful. Sorry I can't remember everyone's names. The pool was really beautiful and we had lots of fun. I must also mention how good the games room for the kids was.
We will definitely be going back in the future and I highly recommend this resort to everyone. We had a three bedroom apartment and it was very spacious and had lots of facilities. Floridays really is the number 1 place to be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Nabila D
I was so pleased to hear that you were able to spend such an important day with us here at Floridays...congratulations folks! Thank you for taking time to review your stay here with the Trip Advisor community. And thank you for making mention of some of our outstanding Associates. Mariam, Ebeni, and James all take great pride in the service they provide; I will be sure to share your comments with them personally. And thank you for the strong recommendation as your comments will help other travelers make smart decisions when planning their next vacation. I am glad you left Floridays with such wonderful memories…we all look forward to your next visit. Take care.

Been to Floridays Resort Orlando? Share your experiences!