“Overall great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 327 hotels in Orlando
ct.
“Overall great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The floridays reviews are pretty spot on in terms of people's experiences. I stayed there for 3 nights in a 2 br condo with 4 adults and 2 children 0-3. The room was very spacious and clean, as some reviews prior said there rooms weren't. Tip get there early 1-2 hrs before check in (4pm) bc they say you can request building rooms before but they don't actually allow that since its a first come first room rule. I feel l the reception people are just trained to agree. Get there early and request either building A or B which is close to the pool and all the hotel amenities. I understand if people get annoyed there's 5 buildings and if you get the back 2 your screwed.

The pool area is spot on in there best pool award its great for kids with the sprinklers and it's big enough to get away from kids if you want some quiet time. They have a descent outside bar drinks are pretty pricey but your on vacation so what do you expect. The main eatery is quality food with starbucks over priced coffee . TIP bring the keuriig single shot coffee replacements as the hotel only gives you STARTER CUPS 5 for your whole stay then you need to buy them and they only have the single cup makers.

IN terms of maid service its a 12 charge to empty garbage change sheets(maybe) make your bed and get you new towels. SO don't expect mary poppins to come in.

Overall we stayed there for 3 nights 4 days for 600 dollars total; I thought that it was a great value for what you get. If your expecting a high end High ammentie setting with pampered service go to the hilton its right down the road. This is a more family orientated resort. There is a shuttle service only to epcot(can use monorail to disney)/universal/sea world. It is an easy 10-15 min ride to disney and if you have a car and kids drive yourself. I would go back to floridays if I stayed in orlando again. I hope you found this review helpful, Have a fun vacation.

Room Tip: Get there an hour early and request either building A or B.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wayne S, Director of Front Office Operations at Floridays Resort Orlando, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear skipperkdo -- Thanks for the thorough review. I appreciate all your feedback. While many families like Buildings A & B, you'd be surprised how many actually prefer D-F, noting it's quiet, you have your OWN pool and nice views of the green areas around the resort. You are correct that we give you a "starter" set of the K-cup coffees. Many guests stock up their kitchen with their own preferences from the Publix around the corner. Adding K-cups to that shopping list is a good idea. Just to clarify, we don't charge $12.25 per day for cleaning. The Resort Fee covers your WiFi, scheduled theme park transportation, use of the fitness center, parking and toll-free/local phone calls. The daily "Trash 'n Tidy" service (make the beds, replace towels/toiletries and remove the trash) is also included. Anyone wanting a "deeper" clean, can arrange that through the Front Desk for a nominal fee. Also, any party staying 9 nights or longer receives a complimentary full clean on the 7th day of their stay. But I'm glad you felt you got a good value for your vacation dollar. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

4,800 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,125)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

just returned from a week at the Floridays Resort with my family we had 2 infants under two and I felt the eating facilities on site were very poor with a pool side bar/restaurant/shop very over priced for basic items.
we had to vacate our rooms at 11am even though our pick up for an international flight was not until 430pm. There was no late check-out available, this was unacceptable as both babies needed to be fed and napped before a long flight. There was no facilities for heating food or bottles for them.
The staff were very friendly and the suites were excellent, also the location was great for all the parks and shopping, but unfortunately the above issues were a let down

Room Tip: request a room close to the main pool if you have young children
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear deltagirls -- Thanks for your review. I'm sorry you didn't care for our Palm Cafe. We try to offer a variety of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner at a reasonable price. Many choose to stock up their fridges at the nearby Publix and cook in their suite as we offer full kitchens in every suite. Plus, there are several reasonable options nearby for dining. I apologize that we couldn't accommodate your request for a late check-out. That courtesy varies depending on occupancy levels as we need a few hours to prepare your suite for the next arriving guest. Generally speaking we can offer 1 extra hour with our compliments as many guests enjoy the extra bit of time. Also, next time you stay with us, be sure to ask the Palm Cafe staff if they will warm milk up for you (due to health code we are able to only warm milk purchased at the Palm Cafe). Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly, if I can help in any way in the future.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was my third time staying at Floridays in the past month. From the moment I was greeted at check in to the time I checked out I was treated as if I were a guest in there home. The front desk were extremely helpful and knowledgable about the surrounding areas. Brittany in the bar was welcoming to all of her patrons and certainly made the evening after work enjoyable and relaxing. The rooms are extremely spacious and comfortable, not to mention jacuzzi tub and full kitchen.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear jgaribay01 -- Wow! Great review. Thanks and welcome back! Talk about a frequent guest! Three times in one month! It was our pleasure to make you feel at home while you were travelling from Tampa. And thanks for the kind words about Brittany. She's a great asset to our organization. Hope to see you back again soon!
upstate ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We just got back from 8 nights at Floridays. I booked 1 3 bedroom for 8 nights and 1 2 bedroom for 4 nights. My husband went into the reception area to check out. He brought the receipt back to the car and as we were headed to the airport I realized we were completely overcharged for our entire stay. We headed back to Floridays and it turns out that they "switched" computer systems and it changed all the rates we were originally given. This added up to over $1000 more than what we were quoted. When I first inquired at the front desk the girl helping me tried to tell me that our incidental charges were creating the difference. When I explained we had $130 dollars of charges and not $1000 she finally got the manager. After a long wait he explained the computer "switch" problem and promptly refunded the money. However, If I had happened to not go over the bill and just assume it was correct we would have been out a ton of money. I wonder how many other people this happened to?
Overall Floridays is a nice place. The website makes it look more secluded than it actually is. It is on a pretty busy street and if you are in building A you can hear the street noise. The condo is nice. We had a few issues with ours. Our TV in the living room was not working right. It took two calls to get it fixed. Also, the other TV's had remotes with missing batteries, and one tv didn't get all the channels but could not be programmed because it didn't have the original remote. Minor issues but annoying none the less. The kitchen equipped in the most basic of ways which is fine unless you want to cook a gourmet meal.
The resort is located near the outlet mall and its very easy to get to all the parks. The pool is nice enough and the food at the pool was very good. It's nice it has a little cafe to grab things like coffee in the am. Other people in our party loved that they served starbucks.
Overall this was a good place and we would come back if the price was right, however we will double check our bill.
* one note to make...the beds are HORRIBLE in the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms. The master seemed ok but the others are really really bad. They are in dire need of new mattresses.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear stoley1 -- Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. And thank you for getting me involved to correct the error on your folios. Indeed, out property management platform change created a few challenges - the likes of which you detailed - yet all have been fixable by looking back into our old system. As you had 2 rooms to review, it took a bit longer than it normally would and I am sorry for that. I recognized the urgency of getting you back on the road to the airport as quickly as possible as you had turned around to come back; I do hope your return voyage home was without delays! I have shared your comments about missing and non functioning items with both the Director of Housekeeping and Engineering so as to avoid recurrence. I was well pleased to hear that you will be returning to Floridays on a future vacation. Please contact me directly if I may be of any assistance.
Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great place to spend our family vacation and share with friends. The staff is very friendly and pleasant. Enjoyed our suite, the pool, hot tub and fitness center. Only short distance to SeaWorld and Disney. The concierge was very helpful. Would recommend this resort to others and stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Coral D -- Thanks for your review and recommendation. It means a lot to us! You hit all the highlights -- friendly staff, great suite, pool, concierge and perfect location. What else could you need?!!? I can't wait till you come back.
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

... with a very friendly and service minded staff. Great food and coffee :-) Our kids just loved the pool and gaming room! There is only a short distance to Disney World, SeaWorld and all the other attractions Orlando has to offer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear ulrikkruse -- You left a terrific review -- brief and to the point, yet very insightful. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we hope to see you again on your next Central Florida visit.
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 9 pm at night and we were given a room in Building E (which is at the back of the property). When we entered the room, we realized that it was not cleaned from the people before us and we quickly called down to the front desk. We waited about 15 minutes for someone to bring us a key to another room and we were then transferred. We had a light bulb not working in the second bedroom and we were missing a toaster in our room, but had them corrected after 2 phone calls. We also were subject to construction noises each morning at 6 am (it is hard to sleep through the beeping of a construction truck in reverse). I did finally issue a complaint to the manager, Wayne, at the front desk. He dealt with our family in a fair manner that satisfied our frustration. Upon our check out, unfortunately, we had a few more minor complaints such as our room only being 1/2 cleaned one day - with only some of the beds being made and the fact that on our flight day home, we did not receive the wake up call that we requested (thankfully the construction woke us up at 6 am so we didn't miss our flights!). Again, I requested to speak with Wayne to update him on the rest of our stay. He suggested that I call him from home in a week to discuss further, which I did, but he did not return my call.

There were many things about this hotel that we really enjoyed. The rooms are great, spacious and clean. We loved having 3 TVs to watch! We loved the whirlpool tub in the master bedroom after a long day walking! We loved that each of our children had their own bed to sleep in each night! The location is terrific and easy to find. We took advantage of the publix grocery store that is just around the corner (turn right leaving the parking lot) and enjoyed having access to several restaurants that were not too far away. The pool was warm and kept clean. Their was entertainment staff on Saturday morning to keep the kids busy and music in the afternoon.

Despite the issues we had with the housekeeping staff and the fact that there was construction noise (which we know the hotel cannot help), we would stay here again on a trip to Orlando. I appreciated the way Wayne handled our issues, although I would have appreciated it more if he followed through with his phone call.

Room Tip: Rooms in building E are far away from the main pool but close to a smaller pool
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wayne S, Director of Front Office Operations at Floridays Resort Orlando, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Laureen S,
Thank you so much for the return email yesterday as I was unable to return your telephone call earlier. My colleagues and I are delighted to hear that you will be coming back to Floridays when your travel plans next bring you to Orlando. As mentioned, I would genuinely welcome a telephone call directly to my office in advance of your arrival so I can lend my personal attention to your requirements. Take care...and we will see you soon!

Been to Floridays Resort Orlando? Share your experiences!