“Outstanding Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Tampa, Florida
“Outstanding Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was my third time staying at Floridays in the past month. From the moment I was greeted at check in to the time I checked out I was treated as if I were a guest in there home. The front desk were extremely helpful and knowledgable about the surrounding areas. Brittany in the bar was welcoming to all of her patrons and certainly made the evening after work enjoyable and relaxing. The rooms are extremely spacious and comfortable, not to mention jacuzzi tub and full kitchen.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wayne S, Director of Front Office Operations at Floridays Resort Orlando, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear jgaribay01 -- Wow! Great review. Thanks and welcome back! Talk about a frequent guest! Three times in one month! It was our pleasure to make you feel at home while you were travelling from Tampa. And thanks for the kind words about Brittany. She's a great asset to our organization. Hope to see you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,284)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
upstate ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We just got back from 8 nights at Floridays. I booked 1 3 bedroom for 8 nights and 1 2 bedroom for 4 nights. My husband went into the reception area to check out. He brought the receipt back to the car and as we were headed to the airport I realized we were completely overcharged for our entire stay. We headed back to Floridays and it turns out that they "switched" computer systems and it changed all the rates we were originally given. This added up to over $1000 more than what we were quoted. When I first inquired at the front desk the girl helping me tried to tell me that our incidental charges were creating the difference. When I explained we had $130 dollars of charges and not $1000 she finally got the manager. After a long wait he explained the computer "switch" problem and promptly refunded the money. However, If I had happened to not go over the bill and just assume it was correct we would have been out a ton of money. I wonder how many other people this happened to?
Overall Floridays is a nice place. The website makes it look more secluded than it actually is. It is on a pretty busy street and if you are in building A you can hear the street noise. The condo is nice. We had a few issues with ours. Our TV in the living room was not working right. It took two calls to get it fixed. Also, the other TV's had remotes with missing batteries, and one tv didn't get all the channels but could not be programmed because it didn't have the original remote. Minor issues but annoying none the less. The kitchen equipped in the most basic of ways which is fine unless you want to cook a gourmet meal.
The resort is located near the outlet mall and its very easy to get to all the parks. The pool is nice enough and the food at the pool was very good. It's nice it has a little cafe to grab things like coffee in the am. Other people in our party loved that they served starbucks.
Overall this was a good place and we would come back if the price was right, however we will double check our bill.
* one note to make...the beds are HORRIBLE in the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms. The master seemed ok but the others are really really bad. They are in dire need of new mattresses.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear stoley1 -- Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. And thank you for getting me involved to correct the error on your folios. Indeed, out property management platform change created a few challenges - the likes of which you detailed - yet all have been fixable by looking back into our old system. As you had 2 rooms to review, it took a bit longer than it normally would and I am sorry for that. I recognized the urgency of getting you back on the road to the airport as quickly as possible as you had turned around to come back; I do hope your return voyage home was without delays! I have shared your comments about missing and non functioning items with both the Director of Housekeeping and Engineering so as to avoid recurrence. I was well pleased to hear that you will be returning to Floridays on a future vacation. Please contact me directly if I may be of any assistance.
Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great place to spend our family vacation and share with friends. The staff is very friendly and pleasant. Enjoyed our suite, the pool, hot tub and fitness center. Only short distance to SeaWorld and Disney. The concierge was very helpful. Would recommend this resort to others and stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Coral D -- Thanks for your review and recommendation. It means a lot to us! You hit all the highlights -- friendly staff, great suite, pool, concierge and perfect location. What else could you need?!!? I can't wait till you come back.
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

... with a very friendly and service minded staff. Great food and coffee :-) Our kids just loved the pool and gaming room! There is only a short distance to Disney World, SeaWorld and all the other attractions Orlando has to offer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear ulrikkruse -- You left a terrific review -- brief and to the point, yet very insightful. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we hope to see you again on your next Central Florida visit.
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 9 pm at night and we were given a room in Building E (which is at the back of the property). When we entered the room, we realized that it was not cleaned from the people before us and we quickly called down to the front desk. We waited about 15 minutes for someone to bring us a key to another room and we were then transferred. We had a light bulb not working in the second bedroom and we were missing a toaster in our room, but had them corrected after 2 phone calls. We also were subject to construction noises each morning at 6 am (it is hard to sleep through the beeping of a construction truck in reverse). I did finally issue a complaint to the manager, Wayne, at the front desk. He dealt with our family in a fair manner that satisfied our frustration. Upon our check out, unfortunately, we had a few more minor complaints such as our room only being 1/2 cleaned one day - with only some of the beds being made and the fact that on our flight day home, we did not receive the wake up call that we requested (thankfully the construction woke us up at 6 am so we didn't miss our flights!). Again, I requested to speak with Wayne to update him on the rest of our stay. He suggested that I call him from home in a week to discuss further, which I did, but he did not return my call.

There were many things about this hotel that we really enjoyed. The rooms are great, spacious and clean. We loved having 3 TVs to watch! We loved the whirlpool tub in the master bedroom after a long day walking! We loved that each of our children had their own bed to sleep in each night! The location is terrific and easy to find. We took advantage of the publix grocery store that is just around the corner (turn right leaving the parking lot) and enjoyed having access to several restaurants that were not too far away. The pool was warm and kept clean. Their was entertainment staff on Saturday morning to keep the kids busy and music in the afternoon.

Despite the issues we had with the housekeeping staff and the fact that there was construction noise (which we know the hotel cannot help), we would stay here again on a trip to Orlando. I appreciated the way Wayne handled our issues, although I would have appreciated it more if he followed through with his phone call.

Room Tip: Rooms in building E are far away from the main pool but close to a smaller pool
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wayne S, Director of Front Office Operations at Floridays Resort Orlando, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Laureen S,
Thank you so much for the return email yesterday as I was unable to return your telephone call earlier. My colleagues and I are delighted to hear that you will be coming back to Floridays when your travel plans next bring you to Orlando. As mentioned, I would genuinely welcome a telephone call directly to my office in advance of your arrival so I can lend my personal attention to your requirements. Take care...and we will see you soon!
Republic of Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just got back from staying at the Floridays for 8 nights, this is my second time staying here. Staff is very friendly and efficient only complain that I have is that when I checked in I was told that on the 4th day I would get a full cleaning of my room, other days they would just change towels and make beds. When I went to the front desk to remind them of the full cleaning I was told that they only do full cleaning on rooms that stay over 9 nights. Still since I was told of the full cleaning the offered to do it on the 7th day which it never happened. Also there was no broom or vacuum in room and the drawers of one of the TV stand would not stay closed since they had recently changed the carpet and the floor was not leveled. They knew about this problem but they waited until we called to complain.
At the end it all was fixed very easily by the front desk staff. They just need to take more care of the rooms so they don't get full of dust.
Did not use any of the hotel amenities such as pool or restaurant but the resort is very nice with lots of space and very quite. Well located next to premium outlets and walgreens.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear JTS15 -- Thank you for your review, and welcome back. I apologize for the confusion on the full cleaning. What you should have been told is that, those staying 9 nights or longer, will automatically get a full clean on the 7th day. I regret the fact that didn't happen for you, and I apologize. I've discussed this with our Front Desk and Housekeeping staff, to avoid such a situation in the future. All our suites are supposed to be equipped with a broom and vacuum, located in the closet of the 2nd (or 3rd) bedroom. I'm sorry it was missing from your suite. Though we weren't as efficient as we should have been, I'm glad that we were finally able to resolve all your issues. And I appreciate that you will be back to stay with us again. Please feel free to reach out to me personally, if there is anything I can assist with.
Syracuse, Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We rented a condo here for a golf trip in Orlando. The condo was a 3 beadroom unit and was perfect for the five guys sharing it. It was clean and fully furnished with all the things we needed. We were in the back building which had a very quiet pool and hot tub which we all enjoyed after golf. The location is great. It was within 15 minutes of everything around our golf and Disney. We had lunch (sandwiches) at the pool bar and it was very good and fast. Close by the outlet mall too.

Room Tip: If you want a quite unit ask for one in the very back of the complex.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Whsyrdaddi -- Thanks for reviewing your stay, and I'm pleased that our resort worked out so well for your golf outing. I love hearing guests who enjoy staying in buildings D, E and F. You're right; they are a bit quieter, away from the main pool and near the quiet pool and its hot tub. And I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your sandwiches at the Palm Cafe. Hope to see you back on your next golf outing.

Been to Floridays Resort Orlando? Share your experiences!