“Great family hotel...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great family hotel...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

... with a very friendly and service minded staff. Great food and coffee :-) Our kids just loved the pool and gaming room! There is only a short distance to Disney World, SeaWorld and all the other attractions Orlando has to offer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wayne S, Director of Front Office Operations at Floridays Resort Orlando, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear ulrikkruse -- You left a terrific review -- brief and to the point, yet very insightful. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we hope to see you again on your next Central Florida visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,212)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 9 pm at night and we were given a room in Building E (which is at the back of the property). When we entered the room, we realized that it was not cleaned from the people before us and we quickly called down to the front desk. We waited about 15 minutes for someone to bring us a key to another room and we were then transferred. We had a light bulb not working in the second bedroom and we were missing a toaster in our room, but had them corrected after 2 phone calls. We also were subject to construction noises each morning at 6 am (it is hard to sleep through the beeping of a construction truck in reverse). I did finally issue a complaint to the manager, Wayne, at the front desk. He dealt with our family in a fair manner that satisfied our frustration. Upon our check out, unfortunately, we had a few more minor complaints such as our room only being 1/2 cleaned one day - with only some of the beds being made and the fact that on our flight day home, we did not receive the wake up call that we requested (thankfully the construction woke us up at 6 am so we didn't miss our flights!). Again, I requested to speak with Wayne to update him on the rest of our stay. He suggested that I call him from home in a week to discuss further, which I did, but he did not return my call.

There were many things about this hotel that we really enjoyed. The rooms are great, spacious and clean. We loved having 3 TVs to watch! We loved the whirlpool tub in the master bedroom after a long day walking! We loved that each of our children had their own bed to sleep in each night! The location is terrific and easy to find. We took advantage of the publix grocery store that is just around the corner (turn right leaving the parking lot) and enjoyed having access to several restaurants that were not too far away. The pool was warm and kept clean. Their was entertainment staff on Saturday morning to keep the kids busy and music in the afternoon.

Despite the issues we had with the housekeeping staff and the fact that there was construction noise (which we know the hotel cannot help), we would stay here again on a trip to Orlando. I appreciated the way Wayne handled our issues, although I would have appreciated it more if he followed through with his phone call.

Room Tip: Rooms in building E are far away from the main pool but close to a smaller pool
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wayne S, Director of Front Office Operations at Floridays Resort Orlando, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Laureen S,
Thank you so much for the return email yesterday as I was unable to return your telephone call earlier. My colleagues and I are delighted to hear that you will be coming back to Floridays when your travel plans next bring you to Orlando. As mentioned, I would genuinely welcome a telephone call directly to my office in advance of your arrival so I can lend my personal attention to your requirements. Take care...and we will see you soon!
Republic of Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just got back from staying at the Floridays for 8 nights, this is my second time staying here. Staff is very friendly and efficient only complain that I have is that when I checked in I was told that on the 4th day I would get a full cleaning of my room, other days they would just change towels and make beds. When I went to the front desk to remind them of the full cleaning I was told that they only do full cleaning on rooms that stay over 9 nights. Still since I was told of the full cleaning the offered to do it on the 7th day which it never happened. Also there was no broom or vacuum in room and the drawers of one of the TV stand would not stay closed since they had recently changed the carpet and the floor was not leveled. They knew about this problem but they waited until we called to complain.
At the end it all was fixed very easily by the front desk staff. They just need to take more care of the rooms so they don't get full of dust.
Did not use any of the hotel amenities such as pool or restaurant but the resort is very nice with lots of space and very quite. Well located next to premium outlets and walgreens.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear JTS15 -- Thank you for your review, and welcome back. I apologize for the confusion on the full cleaning. What you should have been told is that, those staying 9 nights or longer, will automatically get a full clean on the 7th day. I regret the fact that didn't happen for you, and I apologize. I've discussed this with our Front Desk and Housekeeping staff, to avoid such a situation in the future. All our suites are supposed to be equipped with a broom and vacuum, located in the closet of the 2nd (or 3rd) bedroom. I'm sorry it was missing from your suite. Though we weren't as efficient as we should have been, I'm glad that we were finally able to resolve all your issues. And I appreciate that you will be back to stay with us again. Please feel free to reach out to me personally, if there is anything I can assist with.
Syracuse, Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We rented a condo here for a golf trip in Orlando. The condo was a 3 beadroom unit and was perfect for the five guys sharing it. It was clean and fully furnished with all the things we needed. We were in the back building which had a very quiet pool and hot tub which we all enjoyed after golf. The location is great. It was within 15 minutes of everything around our golf and Disney. We had lunch (sandwiches) at the pool bar and it was very good and fast. Close by the outlet mall too.

Room Tip: If you want a quite unit ask for one in the very back of the complex.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Whsyrdaddi -- Thanks for reviewing your stay, and I'm pleased that our resort worked out so well for your golf outing. I love hearing guests who enjoy staying in buildings D, E and F. You're right; they are a bit quieter, away from the main pool and near the quiet pool and its hot tub. And I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your sandwiches at the Palm Cafe. Hope to see you back on your next golf outing.
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had the pleasure of meeting up with two highschool friends January 31-Feb 4, 2013. The three of us hadn't gotten together in over 30 years, and we all turned into silly teenagers all over again! We stayed at Floridays Orlando Resort and were treated to the BEST example of Customer Service I have experienced in a long time. Everyone at the resort from the Front Desk and Guest Services staff, to the DJ and musician at the pool treated us like VIPs. We had a two-bedroom, two-bathroom suite with a fully equipped kitchen, laundry facilities and a spectacular view of over-looking the pool. The warm sunshine that hit our balcony every morning was an amazing way to start the day. You cannot beat the value for your money with Floridays as well, and it's closely located to all the major theme parks and great shopping too. I highly highly recommend this place! Thanks Floridays for the great winter getaway experience!

Room Tip: Building B, with a balcony facing the pool. Amazing view, spectacular sunny wake-up call, and enter...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear OHMYDOG123 -- What a great story of a high school mini-reunion. Thanks for sharing. And how wonderful to hear that our resort fit your needs so perfectly. I love hearing that we are the "BEST example of Customer Service." That's what we were going for! Please don't wait another 30 years to come visit us. Perhaps you can all bring your families next time to enjoy all the fun Central Florida has to offer. See you then!
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We could not have asked more from this complex. Out apartment was very clean and had everything we could have asked for. The en suite with the Jacuzzi was an added bonus after a long day out at the theme parks. Location was very central and only a few minutes from the theme parks, shopping areas and major attractions. Reception staff were very friendly and always extremely helpful.
We would recommend staying at Floridays resort to everyone as we didn’t have any negatives about our stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear 5481y4 -- Your kind words and recommendation are very much appreciated. It was our sincere pleasure to make this a great holiday for you. We always love hearing from guests who have have all positive vacation experiences! Come on back and bring all your friends, and we'll take good care of all of you!
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed here in June 2012. We had a 3 bed apartment and it was a home away from home. Huge master bedroom with jacuzzi bath and separate shower. Second bathroom with bath and shower. The other 2 bedrooms both had 2 double beds in each room. Full kitchen with washing machine and separate tumble dryer. We stayed in block A which is just opposite reception but none of the blocks are too far away from reception. One large pool and a smaller one. The thing we liked best was that you could still use the pool at night, until 11pm I think and my son loved this. We were able to relax with a drink while he enjoyed the pool. As we were out most days it was nice to be able to use the pool in the evenings. Drinks were expensive but I think this is the case in most hotels. It is within walking distance of the outlets and the Publix supermarket and Walgreens supermarket/pharmacy and McDonalds. Even though we had car hire, we did use the Itrolley which has a stop right outside the hotel. And a little tip using the itrolley: using the green line is a lot less busy than the red line. The green line goes up universal boulevard and so handy if you are going to wet n wild. If you don't want to go that far get off at the pointe orlando and change to the red line which will take you up international drive. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear haven78 -- Thanks so much for the great review. You did a super job describing everything. I felt relaxed and refreshed just reading your review. And your iRide Trolley tip is fantastic. Future guests will really value that tip. We can't wait to welcome you back soon.

Been to Floridays Resort Orlando? Share your experiences!