Before I start, I have to say that this review is going to sound unrealistically good, however it really was that fantastic. This is was the best holiday I have ever been on and I've been to Florida 8 times now! Floridays helped make it so. Here are some of the reasons why Floridays helped make it so and why I'd probably never stay anywhere else in Orlando*:
1. Its location is the best place in Orlando; equidistant form all parks and on a non-busy route everywhere can be reached in 15 mins.
2. The accomodation is big. There are 6 of us (2ad, 4 kids 7-17) and we had ample space in the 2 bed. Next time we'll do a 3 bed as the kids are getting older.
3. The service is exemplary; when we arrived we had a bit of drama, it was late, my son saw a large spider in our hire car, I got us safely to the resort and and not only did the receptionist google spiders for us (to see that it was a venomous sac spider) but also arranged for the family to get to our room on a stretch golf buggy whilst I hunted for the spider to get it out of the car :-)
4. The quiet pool is calm and quiet
5. The fun pool is fun and big and never felt crowded.
6. The bar staff, drinks and food are great and you can easily have a short break there before, during or after a park visit.
7. They tidy the room and make beds and change towels daily
8. There is ample close parking
9. The Benihaha restaurant on site is walking distance and we had the best family meal we have ever had. the kids (and us) were enthralled by Cyril's show cooking and the cocktails were delicious.
In all its everything you need on an Orlando Holiday.
See my Naples review for the second part of our holiday (which was also excellent)
* I said I'd never stay anyehere else; in fact I would recommend a Disney Property but with a caveat - do it for a short time, not your whole holiday or it gets too much. Floridays is better as a base away from it, yet in the middle of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named TripAdvisor's #1 Family hotel in the U.S. in 2013, Floridays Resort Orlando is a luxury, all-suite condominium-style Orlando resort, located in the heart of the action near Lake Buena Vista on International Drive, just a few miles from attractions and steps away from sensational shopping and dining. Our spacious 2- and 3-Bedroom Grand Suites are perfect for families looking for spacious accommodations, with 2 full baths, master suite with en suite bathroom, full kitchen (for a self-catering experience), dining and living room area, and balcony or patio. Scheduled theme park shuttles included. WiFi throughout the property and in every suite. Consistently in the top 5 on TripAdvisor, the guest experience is unparalleled in the Orlando hotel market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Floridays Resort Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Floridays Resort Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Floridays Hotel Orlando
- Floridays Orlando Hotel
- Floridays Orlando Resort