“Excellent hotel!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 327 hotels in Orlando
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent hotel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I'd like to recommend other visitors to Orlando to stay at this hotel. Perfect for family with kids. Unit was very clean and the staff very responsive. Central to all major attractions and can't ask more from a hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wayne S, Director of Front Office Operations at Floridays Resort Orlando, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Raj G -- Thanks for leaving a review of your stay with us. Very direct and to the point. I do appreciate the recommendation and kind words. I can't wait to see you again, on your next Orlando visit.

4,813 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,129)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Floridays is one of those unique places you’ll find that offers it all! Great location, less than 15 min driving from any park and attraction. A fantastic service all-round the resort. A family atmosphere that makes you feel completely at home. And to top all that a fantastic cost benefit! My second time around and hope to be back many other times.

Room Tip: near the pool is always better!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wayne S, Director of Front Office Operations at Floridays Resort Orlando, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear BrazilAca -- Welcome back, and thanks for sharing. We're always pleased to see our returning guests comment on our nice resort and excellent guest service. Plus, we're a great value, too. Can't wait to see you back with us soon.
Tsissy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We were very pleased with the Floridays Resort! Our 2 bedroom suite was roomy and very nicely appointed. After traveling 20 hours nonstop to Orlando we were so thankful for the early checkin!!! The checkin staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Didn't use the pool or restaurants as we were only there 2 days, but would love to retun for a longer stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tsissy -- Thanks for your review. That's quite a trip you made to stay with us. I'm glad our Front Desk staff could take quick care of you at check-in. Please come back and stay longer next time. And don't hesitate to ask the Front Desk if there is anything they can do to make your stay more pleasant. We strive for EXCELLENT in all areas of our resort. See you then!
Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed here for 4 days and were extremely happy with the accommodation. Our two-bedroom apartment was clean, spacious, comfortable and very well equipped. We were able to cook meals in the evenings instead of having to go out to restaurants, because all essential utensils were provided. It was also great to be able to catch up on our laundry, instead of paying hotel prices to have it done, since the apartment was equipped with a washer and dryer. The beds were comfortable, the bathrooms were large and the pool area is very nice. For the high standard of accommodation offered, this resort provides excellent value for money as rates are very reasonable. Oh, and the staff were pleasant too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear TravelLover50 -- I appreciate the nice review. You explained everything very well. Yes, the full kitchen and washer/dryer are GREAT conveniences on vacation -- those savings, plus our reasonable room rates, make for a great value in a vacation. Hope to see you back soon.
Hinesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed here for the Eukanuba World Championship Dog show, this facility was not only pet friendly but went out of the way to welcome your pet including a welcome bag! Grounds are well maintained and the rooms are just fantastic. Spacious and well furnished, comfortable furniture and our two person suite could have slept six people easily. Easy to get to all the local attractions and easy to find. Staff here was top notch, I own a timeshare with another company but they never treat me as well as this staff did. Hoping they sign up for next year's Eukanuba list of hotel choices will return for sure. Highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear kjaussies -- Thanks for the review, and thanks for choosing Floridays during this show. It's easy being pet-friendly when all our 4-legged guests are so well behaved. It was our pleasure to take good care of you and your pet. And we hope you'll stay with us next year as well. See you then!
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I had ridiculously high expectations based on the reviews I read here and they STILL exceeded my expectations. Every staff member with whom I dealt could not have been nicer or more accommodating. You really believe each and every employee cares about your stay. That's a rare commodity these days.

The suite was amazing. Everything was exactly as presented on the Floridays website. And as many other reviewers have pointed out, the kitchen was better equipped than my own. Virtually every single appliance, utensil, pot, pan, bowl, etc. one can imagine. This was a recently updated suite with a brand-new ceramic-glass-top range! The sofa and chairs in the living room were also new and extremely sturdy and comfortable. The mattresses were new, too.

What I really liked were the extra touches: the "baskets" made out of towels, a face-cloth arranged in a petal shape to hold the Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries, the open rose effect made with the tissues in the tissue holder, the fanned paper towel on the welcome kit. Those little details add to the overall luxurious feel of the suites.

The grounds were just as aesthetically pleasing as the suites. It was a bit cool during my stay, so i didn't get to see the pool in full swing, so to speak, but the whole area is so clean and so attractive. Same with the welcome center, the cafe, the building courtyards. The entire place is very well maintained. The minor construction is now limited to a very small area that my balcony happened to overlook, but it took nothing away from my stay. I actually enjoyed the "privacy," as I noticed how easily guests sitting on their balconies overlooking the pool (in Building B) can be seen from those in the pool area. Not that I saw anybody gawking, I just took notice of it, perhaps because I'm somewhat shy about that. I felt completely at ease sitting on my balcony at the back of Building A in my bathrobe enjoying my morning coffee. Even though the view is of International Drive, the fountain between the building and the road allows one a focal point to sort of block out the rest. Besides, I will gladly sacrifice view for privacy.

I was in the Orlando area to attend a cousin's wedding. I am a full-time caretaker of my Mom, who unfortunately is not mobile enough to have joined me for the wedding. Given the logistics of having to arrange alternate care for her while I was away, I decided to make it a mini-vacation and stay a few nights rather than just the one. So I set out to find a hotel that would satisfy my needs, the main one of which was a separate large tub (like a Roman tub, for example). The size of the spa tub in the room was well beyond "large" and the Jacuzzi jets were a bonus. I stayed in there long enough each day to prune!

I also enjoyed the Poolside Bar and the DVD player in the room. I just wanted to get away, relax and go through an entire day without anyone needing anything from me; without hearing my name called. That might sound mean or selfish, but I certainly don't intend it that way. I simply wanted a few days with zero responsibilities and to have a few drinks and not worry about driving. The 2BR, 2-bathroom suite may have been a little overkill, but I could find no other hotel or resort that met all of my needs as well. And while I wasn't overly concerned about the price as this sort of opportunity only comes along once every four or five years, I was absolutely blown away by the fantastic value.

I hate driving and my plan was always to get to the hotel and not drive again until it was time to leave. I initially intended to take a taxi to and from the wedding, which was actually about 30 miles from Floridays. The taxi was going to be fairly costly, estimated at $100 each way, before tip. While there are a myriad of hotels within five miles of the wedding location - from luxury resorts to cheap motels - I still chose Floridays as none of the others measured up to what I saw on their website and what I read here. As it turned out, there was no alcohol served at the wedding (what!?), so I ended up driving and saving the cost of the taxi service. (I got lost, but saved money!) As much as I hated the driving part, I am not one bit sorry I opted for Floridays some 30 miles away. Best decision I ever made.

After speaking with some of the staff, I'm now considering a trip WITH my Mom. Yes, I lose the benefit of nobody calling my name, but I'll be so relaxed from the Jacuzzi it won't bother me! The staff explained the availability of ADA-equipped rooms, scooter/wheelchair rentals, ground-floor rooms, pool ramp, etc. Perhaps we'll bring her similarly mobility-challenged friend along, too, and they can sort of keep each other company while I lounge in the Jacuzzi and drink at the bar. I know they both would like sitting poolside and just enjoying the fresh air and the fun atmosphere. And the suites are large enough that we won't be on top of each other. We'll probably go with a 3BR if her friend comes along and we can each have our own room. Since I'm the only one of the three who can get in and out of the Jacuzzi, that means I get the master suite!

I really cannot wait for another opportunity to stay at Floridays, this time for more than three nights and at a warmer time of the year. I'm already checking out availability on the website! I would not even consider any other place should I ever have a need (or the good luck) to be in the Orlando area.

Room Tip: Rooms in Buildings B and C overlooking the pool offers the best views, but if privacy is important...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Maureen M -- What a wonderful, fact-filled and touching review. Thank you so much for taking the time to share. We couldn't be more pleased that you enjoyed everything, especially with the high expectations you mentioned. I'm pleased you chose Floridays, and ended up being so happy with your choice. Hope you were able to stop by the Pool Bar for a cocktail, to make up for the "dry" wedding. I look forward to you, your mother and her friend coming to visit us soon -- during warmer weather. And don't forget, Florida Residents get a discount, in case you didn't already know. Don't hesitate to reach out to me directly, if there is anything I can do to assist you. See you soon!
uniondale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Very happy with vacation at Floridays Resort Orlando. We stayed 6 nights. Rooms were very clean and spacious. Staff was very nice at all times. I shared a 3 bedroom condo with 4 other adults and 1 child. The wing I was in was shared by 2 other women besides myself. My biggest complaint with this unit was the lack of mirrors in the bedrooms. It would have been nice to be able to dry my hair, apply makeup and use after getting dressed. We tried to take a shower (yes the shower heads need some help, as others have stated, not enough pressure for me) and then finished getting dressed in our rooms so the other could then be in the shower. This was kind of hard with there being no mirrors in the bedroom. The a/c was nice but got a little warm at night though. The resort itself is beautiful and very relaxing. I will keep this resort in mind when traveling again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear dmo930 -- Thanks for the review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the suggestion about mirrors in the bedroom. I'll be sure to pass that on to Management for future consideration on the next round of renovations. I'm sorry about the shower head pressure. We are currently investigating that, property-wide, and will have a solution soon to be sure everyone has stronger pressure in the shower. I do hope you'll stay with us on your next trip to Orlando.

Been to Floridays Resort Orlando? Share your experiences!