“Argueably the best place my family and I have stayed ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Spring Savings
Ranked #12 of 328 Hotels in Orlando
Stockton, California
“Argueably the best place my family and I have stayed ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My family and I have always traveled and since the arrival of my Nice and Nephew I as the family trip planner are always on the hunt for spacious,Clean,appealing places to stay.The 3bedroom condo was recently renovated,beds were firm but comfortable although i like a softer bed i had no issue in this area when it comes to sleeping. we had four queensize beds between the two bedroom wing and shared a lrg bathroom.long and open kitchen/Dinningroom six chairs and well appointed comfy living room that the enclosed patio sits on no gator could get through inscreened patio from the nearby Pond that featured waterfall.

I like that each building looked and felt tropical with its pond and fountain along with its warm paint colors inside and out and mature trees.AS other reviews of this resort has mentioned the service is top notch. if only their were a cruz line that is safety conscience first and had 3 bedroom family rooms such as these at a great special rate for 7 days which we spent $1,067 i believe this included tx and resort fee,we would be planning to vacation with them. I liked that my condo was cleaned to my satisfaction and yes our family belives in tipping fair or above fair.

Cons: are shuttle bus schedule to the parks is only one drop off time i believe at 10 am or 11 am shuttle leaves to dop folks to parks.(Disney,universal,seaworld only) No airport transportaion service. (These condos are owner rented through floridays timeshare program this maybe an issue for some but i have no issue with that because i did not once have to tell anyone I do not want to hear a slales pich. I felt as if i were in a hotel.) Any concern I had the staff found a solution for it or made sure I was in contact with the right person and they settled all but one concern quickly and satisfactory,that is there was a Loud knocking that occured almost every night except twice on my shared bedroom wall with upstairs neighbor.The noise sound like metal pipes clanging or someone headboard was banging between hours 11pm to 3am off and on with intervals of sometimes every 30 min to every other hour. Although the gaurd promptly came to check out issue in bothe condos he was not able to hear what I had or determine what issue could be.

Floridays would do we to have an on site full resturant instead of their quick grill foods and grabb N go section. For our family we needed Vegan,Gluten,Dairy free options which the nearest resturants to floridays were not much help in this regard either however we had to work with our options presented in orlando which is tuff!!!!!!!

The cons about visiting orlando is that their are no great food options for healthy/altrnative and folks who preffere real food. Cuban/Puertorican food non exsistant unless you settle for Downtown Disney Bongos cuban inspired but not Authentico. their are suppose to be at least a few good Jamaican resturants however the ones i called never seemed to be open so call the Jamaican resturants to see if thy are still in bussiness and what times are they opened. Only jamaican inspired food near floridays is Bob Marleys at Downtown Disney which i did not try. Any real jamaican food is far away except for Marks carribean on universal which I have not tried. No kids activities but swimming and no spa.

Pros: for visiting orlando is the Floridays resort site down street from sea world.The shopping outlet around the corner from floridays,Close access to airport about 15-20 min depending on traffic or if you get lost. Very close ccess to Disney world by car 5-10 min,close eassy access to universal and sea world theme parks. If you do not mind driveing orlando mall is about 30-35 min away and the nearest cracker barrel resturant is 45 min away nearby downtown orland. Whole foods and walmart around corner from each other about 10-15 min drive from Floridays situated close off the freeway one exit away from universal drive.

As you can see i wrote alot and I highly have to like any place especially floridays in order to write such a Positive lengthy review or else why would I waste my time when I am not an easy traveler to please and if these initials HCF(Hotel,Cleanliness,Food are not at least catogorized as decent or better or top noch)

Room Tip: Tell front desk what you need and they will do their best to satisfyyou.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Floridays Resort Orlando, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Travel-eyetis -- Thanks for taking so much time and effort to leave such a great, detailed review. Sounds like you really do your research and appreciate an outstanding accommodation and good service. Thanks for recognizing us for that. Your details about the surrounding area will be very helpful to others planning their trips. I apologize about the noise you heard, and am sorry we weren't able to resolve it. Hope you can find your favorite Jamaican restaurant on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,325)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bronson, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

It is comfortable, clean, modern, and roomy. Regrettably, our family of 5 spent only 1 night but had a wonderful time. We had a 2 bedroom suite in building E. It is a very nice resort with 2 pools (the one with the kiddie area is at the front lobby, just a short walk from the building we were in), very friendly and accomodating staff, and comfortable suites that were recently reported to have been upgraded. We didn't use the pool close to our room since we had a 4-year old and the large pool near the lobby that we did use was comfortably heated, had a bar, and a hot-tub which met everyone's needs :) Our suite/room had a full kitchen, 2 bathrooms and a living room area with flat screen TV as well as a washer/dryer and a patio that over-looked a small lake/pond, yet they did not charge a cleaning fee (only a resort fee that was less than $14.00/night). We found a great rate for Florida residents and wish we had been able to stay longer. We will definitely go back!!! It is close to all of the hot-spots along I-drive as well as an outlet mall and SeaWorld/Discovery Cove.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tanaya L -- Thanks for the great review. Glad that you enjoyed everything, even if it was only for one night. You did a great job describing the suite. And happy that you were able to take advantage of our Florida Resident's rate. Hurry back and stay with us again.
Granger, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Overall, very positive.

Pros...

1. Wayne at the front desk was amazing. Probably the best at customer service that I've seen at any establishment in recent months.

2. Very large rooms.

3. Convenient location

Cons (minor, but worth mentioning)...

1. Shower head was annoying, put out low pressure dispersed too broadly.

2. Thermostat in room - didn't allow a setting lower than 74 degrees. Made it hard to sleep.

Other than those 2 things, very enjoyable!

Room Tip: I was in Building F, Room 608, beautiful view facing lake and smaller pool area. Also very quiet and...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Floridays Resort Orlando, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear faithntim9890 -- Thanks for your review and your comments. It was my sincere pleasure to share our legendary hospitality with you. Glad you liked the rooms and location. Sorry about the shower head and thermostat; they were both points of discussion at a meeting recently on what we are doing to correct these concerns. In fact, our Housekeeping team is moving throughout the resort now using CLR to reduce the calcium buildup in the shower heads which should increase the shower pressure. Again, thank you for letting us know and I do hope to see you back again soon!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is a very nice hotel to stay at for the family or just by yourself. We love having full kitchen and separate bathrooms for us and our guests. The pool and hot tub are always nice and the jacuzzi tub in the master suite is nice as well.

Room Tip: ANy room with someone above you will have noise due to the kids running around in the room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DonnaKronmiller -- I appreciate your review, especially from such an experienced reviewer. I'm sorry for any noise you may have experienced above you. We always strive for excellence, so maybe we can put you on the 6th floor on your next visit with us, and get a perfect score. From personal experience, I know that the Jacuzzi is a welcome sight at the end of a busy day at the parks! Looking forward to your next visit!
Glenwood, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Floridays is a great place to stay. The location hard to beat, the staff friendly, and the prices reasonable. I have stayed there five or six times and the experience is always the same. There are normally specials you can access through their website to save a few bucks.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Nick O -- Welcome back, and thanks for the kind words. We always strive for an excellent, consistent experience for our guests. Your tip about seasonal specials is a good one that can save other guests some money. See you back on your next visit with us.
Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights in August as a base to explore the Disney parks. The property is quite big, with a central pool area and several surrounding buildings where the rooms are. There is plenty of free parking. While we were there, there was construction on one side of the property which rather spoiled the ambiance and view. The buildings are quite old and a bit grubby in places. Our room was pretty large with two good size bedrooms and a long narrow living area. One of the bedrooms had a window onto the brightly-lit walkway outside and no proper curtains, which made sleeping difficult. The furniture was rather old fashioned and the carpets need to be replaced. The kitchen area was pretty basic and we only had breakfast there. There is a small convenience store/cafe by the pool, but it wasn't very nice and we didn't use it much. It's well located being a short drive to Disney and the other attractions.

Overall, it's not a bad place to sleep after a day at the theme parks, but it's really not that great and not the sort of place where you would want to spend all day. Next time, I will stay at one of the Disney resorts. On the plus side, it's pretty cheap.

Room Tip: Try to get a pool view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear yarbles -- Thank you for reviewing your stay. I'm glad you saw the good value we bring with our accommodations. I apologize for any inconvenience the roadwork may have caused you. Normally it doesn't cause any problem for our guests, especially if they are out at the theme parks most of the day. We anticipate that the County will have this new road completed by early spring. You'll be pleased to hear that, since your stay with us, all the suites have been renovated, with new carpeting, bed linens, designer ceiling fan, drapes, new sleeper sofa and flat top range. I hope you change your mind and give us another try, based on our guest service and excellent value, and can enjoy our newly renovated suites.
Brevard, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Ok, I am a fanatic about researching places to stay and reviews are the main source of information. So here is my take on Floridays... There is no question as to why this place is rated #1 in and around Disney, because they have earned it!

Check in was a snap; "Here is your key, here is the map of the complex, this is where your room is located in reference to our amenities, here are some Starbucks coupons, here are some coupons to our restaurant, let us know if we can be of service". And all with a smile... That's a good start.

Walk into the room; clean, comfortable, spacious, with everything you would need to spend a month there (except food of course). Our 6 & 8 year old boys loved it. They could not believe there was a kitchen in our room. We got the 2 room suite so mommy and daddy could have alone time at night and in the afternoons while we rested from the park madness. The main reason, besides the reviews, that led us to Floridays was the kitchen. We have lots if food allergies in our household and decided that being able to control at least 2 meals a day would be very beneficial. Also paying World prices for just one meal a day makes you want to sock that adorable mouse in his cute giggly nose. I was shocked by the space we had, it was nice to have enough room to go to our separate spaces when we were grouchy from the days adventures. Let me say if you have not done Disney before one word of advice, take a break in the afternoon and don't go back until evening... Especially if you have children. And this place is only a short 8 min drive off World.

So what really impressed me was after 30 min in the room the phone rang. It was the front desk asking if everything was ok with the room and was there anything they could do? WOW!!! I have stayed in some 5 star hotels including multiple Ritz Carlton's and have never had this much caring about your comfort. Needless to say everything was outstanding.

Be advised this is more for people who want to do there own thing, come and go from the nearby attractions and have all the amenities on home. This is not a resort "Spa" "pampering" "can I take your coat Sir" kinda place. But it is very nice and the staff are extremely helpful.

If I ever get up the nerve to go back to Disney, I would not even consider staying anywhere else.

PS, I am not affiliated with this resort in any way. I hope you find this review helpful. Geaux Tigers!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Tpoet -- Thanks SO much for the great review. It makes us extremely happy that we could make YOU so happy with your stay. That's our goal! You did a great job describing everything for others considering us for their stays during a Disney vacation. And I appreciate your recognition of having the kitchen. Definitely gives a family more control and helps to manage the budget, too. I look forward to seeing you on your next Orlando visit.

Been to Floridays Resort Orlando? Share your experiences!