“Wish they were in upstate ny” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 3,180 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Barbecue, Café, Soups, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Syracuse, New York, United States
“Wish they were in upstate ny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Found this place on tripadvisor. Worth the 15 minute drive from the downtown Disney area. Eclectic. Atmosphere is great. Food was on spot. Flavors melded together to make amazing sandwiches. The Rufus was the bomb. Great wine and craft beer selection. We did karaoke as a family on the back porch. Definitely can bring the family. Miss this place already

• Visited August 2014

Tallahassee, Florida
“Awesome food and unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Thanks to all of the other Trip Advisor members for leading us to a great recommendation. Yellow Dog Eats has fantastic food, enthusiastic servers, and an eclectic atmosphere. Live band was great! I highly recommend the smoked salmon salad-it was delicious. My only regret is not ordering one of the delicious desserts. Do yourself a favor and go to Yellow Dog Eats now!

• Visited August 2014
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Well worth the drive from Orlando!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My family and I decided to look for somewhere different from the usual Orlando restaurants and turned to Trip Advisor for the answer - Yellow Dog stood out for us as it was one of only a few places to offer BBQ in Orlando! The drive from the city was about 25 mins due to traffic - however the neighbourhood the restaurant is in is such a remarkable difference from the hustle and bustle of the main tourist areas, it made a very welcome change!
Upon entering, the décor immediately took me and I felt at home, the relaxed nature of the staff and their friendly instruction on where to sit and how we were to order at the bar was most welcome.
The whole place is decorated with mementos of past guests with everyone being encouraged to leave their mark on the walls, tables etc... this is what makes this place special.
When the food arrived we were all very impressed, somewhat jealous of what each other had ordered so decided to share! every dish I tried was excellent. The beer selection was great, again perfectly different to the usual Budweiser or other mainstream brands on offer everywhere else.
My partner and I were that impressed by this place that we thought about holding our wedding reception here... unfortunately as it is a good 7000 miles away this might have to wait for now!
All in all, very highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
Ocala, Florida
“Good for a try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were delayed at the airport and wanted to get something later than usual. Went on trip advisor and found this place with some good reviews on the food. We got there and noticed they had live music outside which wouldn't have been a problem if they had any real seating inside. The upstairs was already crowded so we decided to take it to go. Since it was our first time there it took us a few minutes to look over their menu and I was surprised that the girl at the counter just stared at us like we were taking up her time. We ordered our food, got it to go and headed out. When we got home and opened it up, we realized they had given my wife the wrong sandwich and mine didn't have a couple of ingredients that I read we're suppose to be on it. We live an hour a way so chalk it up to a one time experience. Must get an atmosphere kind of place.

Visited August 2014
Orlando, Florida
“10 stars!!!! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Another exceptional lunch!! Food quality and taste continues to not disappoint! Truly amazing!! Fish and the yellow dog crew are engaging, fun and set the tone for a relaxing and enjoyable lunch or dinner! I had the black hound and my business partner had the special! Everything was to die for!!
This is a MUST if you live in the area or are in town! It's truly a hidden gem!