“Second visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 328 hotels in Orlando
York, Pennsylvania
“Second visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had such a good experience with Rosen Shingle Creek Resort in December, that I added a 3 night stay to my April-May vacation. After spending 11 days staying with a friend, it was time for my own private getaway.
I asked for some special room requests which the resort was able to honor. I missed the great sunrise views I got in December due to the rainy weather, but was rewarded with a great view of an evening thunderstorm to the east.
This hotel is very relaxing. Although it is huge there are many private spaces.
I took a walk on the nature trail one morning, just me and my camera. I got some great photos! I also walked out to the fishing dock, where I got more bird photos. I could see lots of fish in the water. Birds are as well fed as the guests here.
I invited friends for breakfast and lunch at Cafe Osceola; one for breakfast one day and another the next. We opted for the buffets. Both breakfast and lunch buffets had a wide selection of offerings for both the adventurous eater and the traditional diner. I used some restaurant.com coupons for big savings.
The hotel decor is very soothing. My room was done in shades of tan, with a sky blue ceiling. I was a little disappointed to see that the Shingle Creek citrus and cedar toiletries had been replaced, but the new Taroco items are just as intriguing. The bed is the most comfortable I have ever slept in, and the pillows are just right.
This hotel makes a good hub for exploring the Orlando area, or just relaxing. I wish I could have stayed longer! I'll be back.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the golf course and the sunrise if you are an early riser
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thanks again jane l for the kind words.

You have a friend at Rosen Shingle Creek!

2,065 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
St. Marys, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This resort is amazing! Pools for everyone (lap, family, kiddie and adult). Jacuzzis set at par boil. Great restaurants. We had the breakfast buffet...awesome, and flatbreads at Tobias, delicious. Beautiful and elegant rooms, public areas and landscaping. Fabulous place.

Room Tip: We were on the seventh floor overlooking the pools and golf course, gorgeous view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Isn’t the view stunning, Marsha J!

Thanks for the amazing review. We appreciate it.

Please visit us again soon.

Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The first thing I was impressed was a beautiful view of a golf course from the large window in the guest room. You see nothing but greens. This is a large luxury hotel with many good restaurants, conference rooms and many more. It is conveniently located just about 15 mins drive from the Orlando airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Our views from the rooms set us apart, huh Venusian2000?

Thank you so kindly for your amazing review of the property!

We would love to have you back again soon.

Thanks again,

CHicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Having switched hotels from the very motel-like Disney Pop Century Resort to this facility, presented a stark difference. The facility is clean, modern and very expansive. Almost too expansive as the walk from the elevator to the room seemed to cross a time zone! This is important to know if you have a disability. The same was found to get to the Sebastian meeting rooms: long walk. The restaurants were good, but not great, having served all three courses simultaneously in the sushi restaurant. But this was quickly corrected. I loved the poolside ice cream, sandwich, convenience store as an alternative to room service. There is no airport shuttle and cost $55 with tip for a relatively short ride. The meeting facility was comfortable but universally cold. Banquet service was tasty. The rooms are OK..nothing too special. I was concerned when I passed the executive suite which was cordoned off with what appeared to be a bug sprayer. Some things you just don't want to know, right? Also, there are no other restaurants in walking distance, so you are at the mercy of the resort offerings and prices. Oh, very nice work out facility with good free weights, machines and free bottled water.

Room Tip: If disabled, elderly or lazy, specify a room near the elevator. It can be a real hike.
Hi FrankieFile!

Thank you so much for your review of the property. No worries on the ‘bug sprayer’. We do a lot of preventative maintenance to ensure we never have an issue with our pest friends in the south.

We appreciate your kind words. We hope you come back soon.

Thanks for staying!

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at Rosen Shingle for 5 nights for a conference, and it was fabulous. I only wish that my husband and our 5 children had been able to enjoy it with me! Every single member of the staff was professional beyond words. They all went the extra mile, were pleasant, helpful, and seemed to genuinely like their jobs. Rarely do you find so many employees who wtay for so many years in their jobs. This is truly a credit to the Founder of this great company, Mr. Harris Rosen, who is doing a magnificent job of providing both tourist and convention first-rate options in Orlando.

Our organization ended up needing more than 100 rooms at this hotel at the last minute, when another hotel in town advised us they had overbooked, and many of us would need to change hotels. Thus, we were fortunate enough to meet the best of the best of the Rosen family!

The price they gave us was outstanding. The others from our organization were in two other top hotels in Orlando. They asked to see my room at the Rosen. When they saw my spacious, modern and clean room, they said they wished they could be moved to the Rosen Hotel - even though our meetings were taking place at the other hotels!

The food has got to be the best conference food I have had anywhere in the world. It was always served hot, lots of choices, and delicious. And there were numerous conferences going on at the same time.

It was nothing short of amazing that so many of their staff were able to accommodate our every need (and more) at the eleventh hour. Special kudos to Lisa Burrows, Fernando Ching, the General Food Manager, Executive Chef, and so many others all around the hotel who helped, smiled, and made our stay as perfect as could be. You all truly understand the meaning of the word SERVICE. Thank you! Thank you!

Now, I hope to return soon with my husband and our five teenagers!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
So many kind words…THANK YOU, palmtrees2000!

We appreciate you and your business more than you will ever know.

I would love to help you in the future if there is ever anything you need.

Thanks again. I’ll make sure that Lisa and Fernando get a copy of this.

Newport, RI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel does not provide a shuttle from the airport. This seems a little odd. MEARS Motor Shuttle will take you for $16 (one way).

The room was okay. We had a nice view of the pool, although the pool itself looked a little dirty from the 9th floor, as if it hadn't been vacuumed in a while. The AC in the room didn't work. I kept turning the thermostat down (to 63.5F), but it didn't get any cooler. The headboard was starting to peel, so that you could see the plastic underneath the wood veneer. When I moved the chair, a red drink stir stick emerged on the floor.

The pool has six small pavilions, each with three pieces of cushioned deck furniture. I went there at 10am and sat on one of them. I was quickly told that I either had to rent the pavilion for $75 for the entire day, or leave. At the time, there were three people at the pool, other than me.

There is both a nature trail and a jogging trail. The nature trail is nice, with lots of signs. You can see alligators, rattlesnakes, and tortoises, at least in theory. (I didn't see any.) I did see Saw Palmetto, though. It looked just like the picture on the vitamin bottle.

The jogging trail is poorly marked (I only saw one sign.) You can easily end up on one of the golf cart paths. If and when this happens, you will be quickly visited by the "golf police." This could easily be avoided if there were as many jogging trail signs as "Speed Limit 18" signs.

This fitness center may be the best I have ever seen in a hotel. However, as I mentioned earlier, they charge $10 to use it.

One last tip: avoid the pizza at 18 Monroe St. Market. They basically take a frozen pizza (and not a very good one) and toss it into the oven. (Okay, I didn't actually see them do this, but it tasted like that.)

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hi Tony_802_701-

I’m so sorry to read that you didn’t have an outstanding stay. We definitely try our hardest and it seems like we may have missed a few marks this time.

If there is anything you would like to talk about or if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know. I would love to have you back.

Thanks again,

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised, especially after reading some of the lesser reviews here. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the place was spotless. My room was in perfect working order - The furniture was in great shape, and was kept very clean by housekeeping.

They did a great job with the little things. the sheets were particularly soft, and the pillow top was a great touch. The soap and shampoo was probably the best I have used - A nice orangy scent, and the bath bar had an exfoliating grit. I ate at the Mexican restaurant for one dinner (The Guac, made tableside, was a high point). I also ate at the downstairs restaurant. I'm not sure about the full menu, but the salad bar was surprisingly good - and a bargain at under $20 for dinner (Remembering that this is a resort).

The excercise facility was top notch. Every piece of equipment was working (and was being used - I showed up at 5:45 each moring, and by 6:10, the place was full).

I did not get a chance to use the pool or grounds, but from the inside, everything was beautiful. I look forward to coming back there some day when I can have more leisure time to experience the whole place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Next time you will need to get outside and enjoy the beautiful amenities, ladderless.

Thank you so much for your kind words about the property. We love it too!

Please come back soon. Thank you,

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Been to Rosen Shingle Creek? Share your experiences!