“New Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“New Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This to me, as a visiting Brit, was a new experience The Hotel is a combined hotel, conference centre, golf course and spa set in large grounds close to Orlando Intl Airport. The grounds include a nature walk - "beware of the alligators"!
I recently stayed here for eight days which included a three day conference.
This hotel has (almost) everything; the rooms are huge, the service is pretty good, and the restaurants serve a decent variety of food.The attractions of Disney, Universal, and Kennedy Space Centre are quite close by (almost an hour by road for Disney and KSC).
The one thing that this hotel lacks in charm. The word that springs to mind is "monolithic".
With 1500 rooms, it can accommodate several conferences at the same time.
I think that "fit for purpose" is a good description.

Room Tip: Be prepared to change rooms if you don't like the one you are given initially- perhaps the next...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Hi John4499-

I’m sorry that you felt the hotel lacked that charm you were looking for but happy to read that your experience was still a positive one.

Please stay with us again in the future. We would love to have you and your family visit.

Thanks again,

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights over new year. We had originally booked into the sister hotel on International drive and were upgraded to this hotel and definately got a great deal for what we had paid. This was an excellent hotel and we were very pleased with our stay here. It's difficult not to give this place the highest rating. The room was modern, clean and a good size with plenty of in-room features. There was a full size modern ionic hairdryer which is a bonus. The wifi worked very well, unlike some of the other cheaper hotels we stayed in during our trip. We ate at the on-site restaurants a couple of times, sampling the all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast in the main restaurant and the take-away from the cafe. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was on the same level as the reception and overlooked the tennis courts. It was nice and quiet.

Room Tip: Our room was on the same level as the reception and overlooked the tennis courts. It was nice and q...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Upgraded to Rosen Shingle Creek? You are one lucky guest, Heather B!

Thanks for letting us know how your stay went. We love hearing from our guests.

Stay warm in Manchester! Please visit us again soon,

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We spent the Christmas holiday at the hotel. It's a very nice hotel. The hotel is spetacular. Room is clean and nice, and everyone is very friendly. I also like the breakfast buffet downstairs. It's very convenient, and there is a large selection of food. The dinner buffett is less impressive.

The hotel is close to Sea World, and it's easy to drive to Disney. Parking is extra, but that's expected at a 4-star hotel. Internet is free and fast.

Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay, and we'll stay at the hotel again on our next trip to Orlando.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We hope you do pick our hotel the next time you come to Orlando, Nan Y!

Thanks for sharing your story of your stay with everyone.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do in the future for you.

Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived here at around 1am, after a long days travel.
The valet was useless, leaving me to sit with the car whilst my boyfriend checked in, in case I needed to move it if the fire truck came in. I didn't understand this.
Check in took 20 minutes, because there wasn't enough staff on reception.
No-one offered to help me with the 2 suitcases I was struggling, not even the concierge (who was standing around doing nothing as it was 1am) and it was a bleeding long walk to the room.
On the second night, we needed to eat late. At 9:30 we called their steak restaurant and asked if we could still eat. The answer was sure, but come before 10.
We get there at 9:45 and get told they aren't serving anymore, but if we want food we could go to their snack bar or the bar will still be serving starters. Great.
We get told by one member of staff the pool bar would be open and serving food, we walk there to get told its closed. I have a problem with my knee which meant all this walking for false information, and the lack of help with the bags was even more frustrating.
This hotel is 5 star for its amenities but I had better service from 3 star hotels.
This hotel is too big and they cannot handle its size. It lacks personality. I would hate to have stayed here longer than 2 nights or to be actually spending any time in the hotel. Better location for conference centre than parks,
I have stayed in 5 star hotels, however this was my first in Orlando and to me they just got it all wrong. I wouldn't stay "don't ever stay here's" but my assumption would be that there are better, actually 5* hotels in Orlando.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I’m so sorry to read your review, gingerluci.

This is definitely not 5 star services that you received and I apologize on behalf of the entire hotel about this. I would love to hear more from you regarding your stay and see what we can do to fix this for not only you but others in the future.

I see you are from London so it may be difficult to call but if you want to email me regarding your unfortunate situations you ran into, I am here to listen.

I want you to come back. Please reach out to me.

Shepherdstown, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I took a quick trip to this fabulous hotel just prior to the Holidays. What a magical place to stay. I felt like I was in a dream. The room was spectacular. The decor was elegant and the room itself comfortable and clean. The hotel sits on acres of land and you would not believe you were in Orlando itself. The pool areas also include separate hot tubs and a children's pool area. The market which is open 24/7 is convenient for coffee, snacks, meals, sundries etc. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We couldn’t have asked for a nicer review, cpgins!

So happy to read your review and the nice things you said about us.

Please visit our property again in the future. You now have a home away from home!

Thanks for staying with us!

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Cannot rate this Hotel anything other than 10 out of 10, out of this world believe me.
The food, the rooms checking in etc was top class and wonderful staff.
Just of the 528 beeline and easy to find minutes from International Drive.

Room Tip: Just get your self to this Hotel it is a must
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Your review is more than a 10, jdav777!

Thank you SO much for the amazing things you said about our property.

We hope you are able to come back soon and visit.

DeFuniak Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Generally the hotel lives up to its claim of service, cleanliness, free wi-if. We asked that my sister be assigned a room near ours and the helpful desk clerk spent several minutes arranging it. My husband in his dotage left behind some personal items which were located and are being mailed to us. On the other hand the Cafe Osceola . . . . Buffet was delicious but service poor. Our server pointed us at the buffet then disappeared and had to be located to give us our tab which included a 20% gratuity. And a Line below labeled Tip. Market had many good choices. And Tables outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. Yes, lots of walking but since we usually walk 1 mile daily we were happy with that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi Barbjwk!

Thank you for your honest feedback about the property. I have sent the review to Danny Sosa, Food and Beverage Manager for Café Osceola to ensure he looks into his service standards. This is normally not an issue so I apologize for any inconvenience you ran into.

We hope you visit us again soon. It was a pleasure having the singers here…it was nice walking down the hallway to lovely voices each day.

Thank you for staying.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Been to Rosen Shingle Creek? Share your experiences!