“Above average for this type of hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Rosen Shingle Creek
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   9939 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Ranked #23 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Keller, Texas
“Above average for this type of hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here to celebrate her 40th birthday. The grounds, lobby and rooms are very nice and very clean. The staff is exceedingly friendly, but that is to be expected in the Disney/Universal Studios area. They were going through a little bit of construction in the valet area out front, but I can't knock them for this. The only real complaint is the the distance of the parking from the hotel. They do have valet service, but if you want to park for free (on the weekends only), it is a hike uphill to the hotel with your luggage. I definitely would stay there again especially for the price I was able to get on Priceline.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces the parking lot, and the other faces the grounds which are beautiful.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Hi mulhollen~!

Thank you for the review of your stay. The re-pavement of the front driveway is finally complete and looks amazing.

Sorry you had to deal with this during your stay.

Hope you come back and visit us again. We would love the opportunity to have you stay with us in the future.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very nice location! I attended a conference here with my wife. Our 6th floor room was very comfortable. We experienced no noise issues in the room (even though there was evidently a barber shop quartet convention and we could hear people singing most everywhere we went around the hotel). The hotel staff - from check-in to maintenance to restaurant staff - were VERY friendly and helpful (an IT staffer walked us to our meeting room when we were lost a long way from where we wanted to be).

The restaurants and meeting arrangements were excellent. We ate dinner at Calla Bella, lunch at the Clubhouse Grille (great sandwiches) and the buffet Cafe Osceola. They served breakfast at our meeting room, including one beautiful morning outside the room. They obviously know how to cater to groups.

The pool areas provide a great place to sit and relax. There is a long jogging trail and a nice interpretive nature trail. The fitness center is well equipped and was never crowded while we were there. We did not use the golf course, sand volleyball, or tennis courts. There is also a fishing dock.

The hotel and property is very large, catering to groups and conventions. So expect to walk a lot. Valet parking and self parking available for a fee ($20 & $16), but the fee can be included in your group fees if you are scheduling a conference. The walk to the self-parking is long, but security on a golf cart offered us a ride!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you so much, BSGA!

We appreciate your honest feedback on the hotel. We hope you come back soon and visit.

Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with in the future.

Natrona County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The hotel is a great venue for conventions and large groups. The Christmas decorations and trees were still up and quite lovely. We checked in while a national cheerleading competition had competitors also arriving. We had booked a 2 queen room and were offered a hospitality suite instead. It was fabulous but it meant 5 nights sleeping on a murphy bed. No thank you. We did agree to switch to a king petite suite since we could tell they really wanted 2 bed rooms for cheerleading groups.

We noticed an unpleasant smell when we got to our room. Decided amping up the air system was needed. Left immediately for dinner at Land Remembered (delicious steak!!) and did not return until after 10 pm. Smell still present and made us think of a shower curtain that needs to be switched out. Decided to make sure that happened when the room was made up the next day. However, by 5:00 in the a.m. we couldn't handle the smell (think mildew) and called to see what our options were. The hotel was scheduled to be full that night so it took some time to figure out where to put us. The bellman showed up by 6:00 a.m. and we moved to a standard king room. It smelled fine and we were happy to be out of the odor that we were sure was invading our clothes, etc. The main reason I am relating this experience is to warn travelers to not accept the room with the hope it will improve. Wish we hadn't as it was a sleepless night and our new room was fine as were the rooms we were in of several friends.

It was nice to have a room fridge and the Market on the lower level was nice to have. Parking was ridiculous. Thought we did not want to always have to wait for valet but it may have taken just as long to locate a place to park in self parking. With the hotel full, it was not surprising that this was an issue. By Sunday when all the cheerleaders left, parking was plentiful.

We were here for business and did not have a choice of hotels. It was much more enjoyable after much of the crowd left. The casual eateries were not packed and it was quiet. If I had a choice to stay again, I would really try and opt for a time when they were not overflowing for a more relaxing experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay overall, Takemeaway79!

Sorry about the few issues you ran into, but happy to hear that they were solved.

I will check with the housekeeping on the situation to see what it was. That is very interesting.

Thanks again,

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I consider myself a big fan of Rosen Hotels, specifically Shingle Creek. I've stayed at several of their hotels near the convention center with very positive experiences. The property and room cleanliness were on point as usual, however here a some of the issues I encountered...for starters, the mini bar didn't have anything in it (not even water...no where in the room for that matter), the coffee pot wasn't operable and even after I walked to the vending machine on my floor it wasn't operational. When I spoke to Randy via phone, I was instructed to go one floor down or up to get water out of a different vending machine. I found this as a curious solution. My other alternative was to call room service and pay even more for my $2 bottle of water. I drove to Publix down the street and bought a 24-pack to solve the matter on my own. IMO not the best way for the hotel to have handled it so I hope to have a better experience if I return and hope other guest don't have the same misfortune.

Other than that, the hotel service was very good and the location is extremely convenient.

Hi FicoUCF!

We are a fan of yours too! So sorry about the items you mentioned in your review.

All of our properties have mini-refrigerators; however, we do not stock them. We do offer the market at each of the properties for our guests to enjoy. I’m sorry for the ‘solution’ that was given to you because it definitely wasn’t the best one.

I hope these errors don’t stop you in the future. Please reach out to me if there is anything I can do for you.

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel by far is one of excellence, from the moment you drive up to it and when you leave it.
It rises up from the landscape with its towers and large portico with multiple lanes and awaiting attendants to unload and wisk away your luggage to your room. Front desk clerks are very friendly and most efficient. The lobby is enormous with multiple wings. The rooms are very spacious , comfortable and quiet.There are a number
of different restaurants and bars avaiable to you in this property. One of them is called the"Market" which is open 24/7. As we were there for the Russell Athletic bowl with Rutgers,it was great to return late at night after the game and be able to get food. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Top floors 11-14 with express elevators. Ease of access skipping all the other floors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We definitely are a large property, Traveler7010!

Thanks so much for amazing review of the property.

We were all pumped for a win for Rutgers....maybe next year!

Thanks for staying with us. Hope to see you next year.

Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We booked last minute to be in Orlando for the Capital One Bowl (Go Dawgs). We usually stay at the Ritz Grande Lakes or the JW Marriott, but both were booked. I have to say that I was very pleased with our stay at the Rosen Shingle Creek. It compares quite favorably to the Ritz and JW in terms of its amenities, service and decor (though not quite as opulent). The property is huge and well maintained. It has 4 large pools, 2 hot tubs, a terrific golf course, and numerous on-site bars and restaurants. We had our kids with us (ages 5 and 10), and they loved it. The location is convenient to I-4 and International Blvd (Restaurant Row). The rooms are very adequate - nice size with comfortable beds. They, also, include a refrigerator, which is nice for storing drinks and leftovers. I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We hope you do stay with us again, brastumac!

Thanks so much for your kind words. Please visit us again soon.

Have a great day!

Whippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our stay at Rosen Shingle Creek was great! The grounds are stellar, the lobby area vibrant, and our room inviting. While I was aware of how the hotel looked in the pictures, it was so much better looking in person. And our breakfasts and dinner were first class.

But I have saved the best for last. After we checked out and arrived back home, we realized we had left behind some personal items. I called the hotel and they said that they would try to locate them..An hour later, they called back to say that the items had been found and they would ship them to our home at their expense.

Thanks from us for going the extra mile!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We go the extra mile as much as we can, jhlad!

Thank you very much for your compassionate words.

Please visit us again soon.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Been to Rosen Shingle Creek? Share your experiences!