I have never stayed in such a huge hotel before, and I was afraid it might be cold and impersonal. My experience was exactly the opposite. The staff were all professional yet friendly. The front desk, restaurant staff at the Osceola Cafe, the housekeepers, and the valets all provided exceptional service.
I loved the sunrise view from my room!
The decor in the room was elegant without being overdone. I liked the natural colors - the browns and coppers. The mattress was the most comfortable I ever slept on; firm without being too hard. The pillows were comfortable too.
The small refrigerator had room to keep a half gallon of milk and orange juice, and some other snacks. I had most breakfasts in my room, and was out of the hotel during other meal times.
I really liked the cedar and citrus scent of the bath items, too. Everything fit in with the Shingle Creek theme and the setting of the hotel.
The highlight of my stay was the nature trail. I walked 3 times, and each day saw different sights. I took lots of pictures! Only a bruised foot kept me from going out every day.
I had breakfast twice at the Osceola Cafe. What a great breakfast! Of course I ate too much, but my walk should have helped with some of those calories. I loved the smoked fish - I've never seen four varieties on a breakfast buffet! The variety of fresh fruit was enticing, and I have never seen an entire table of cereal toppings. The waiters were so attentive. One after the other would stop at the table and ask if I needed more coffee or anything else.
I do have an issue with the parking charges. It was inconvenient for family or friends to visit me at the hotel, since they would have had to pay $16 for parking! There was also a little mildew in the shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosen Shingle Creek proudly presents a combination of 1,500 luxury guestrooms and suites that are functional and classically styled with soothing earth tones and sumptuous bedding. Most guestrooms feature views of our beautiful manicured gardens, pools, and Shingle golf course. Our alluring suites, ranging from expansive hospitality parlors to the 1,744-square-foot presidential suites provide the perfect atmosphere for intimate gatherings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Rosen Shingle Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel Orlando
- Rosen Shingle Creek Orlando
- Shingle Creek Resort
- Rosen Shingle Creek Resort