“Excellent stay at the Rosen Shingle Creek” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   9939 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Ranked #22 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Excellent stay at the Rosen Shingle Creek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked this hotel online with a booking bonus so ended up paying only about $20 for taxes and the $16 for self parking with in/out privileges. I took a friend on a trip and she was AMAZED by this place, said she had never stayed anywhere so nice! We were checked within a few minutes and then parked the car. When we got inside and saw the lake, she said she wanted to overlook that and the pools, so I went back to make sure we had a room that did just that and they switched us with no problem. Oh, I might also mention that we checked in before 1 pm.
The room furnishings were gorgeous and the view was very nice to say the least. The hotel was all decorated for Christmas so that made it even nicer. My pictures say it all. Although we did not take advantage of any of the hotel restaurants, fitness room, etc. we thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay, eating poolside with food we had picked up elsewhere and walking the nature trail on the morning of our departure.

Room Tip: We were on the tenth floor overlooking the pools. Great location and view. Just be sure to close y...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Your pictures are beautiful tgsauder!

Thank you so much for staying with us and informing every one of your most recent stay. We appreciate all of the kind words.

I hope you come back in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

So I was in Orlando for a couple of days and my friend booked us at the Shingle Creek for just a night. It was december so their chrismas decorations were fantastic. We were booked for a room with pool/ golf course view. Excellent. The room and hotel had all the necessary amenities. Staff were very compliant and pleasant! Great stay. Will go again!

• Stayed December 2012
Hi PRVic.

Wow…such a nice review! Thank you for the compliments…we love them!

I sure hope I hear from you when you return!

Thanks for staying with us.

Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Since my last review, I have stayed at Shingle Creek a couple more times. Most recently, we spent Thanksgiving week here with a large group. Let me preface by saying the choice to stay at Shingle is not mine, it is the host hotel for the group I travel with. First off, the property is still in good condition, and they do a great job maintaining the hotel and the grounds, unfortunately the positives mostly end with the environment. The negatives from my last review still remain, parking is awful, staff is inexperienced and the golf course is just OK. As I mentioned before, this is a convention hotel, plain and simple. I could not imagine staying here for a theme park or other Orlando area vacation. By far, the valet service is the worst part of the Shingle Creek experience. I believe the valet stand is run by a 3rd party, but that does not excuse the hotel from having any responsibility in ensuring their guests have a positive experience, after all, the valet is your first impression upon arriving and last when leaving. You have 2 choices for parking, and neither is ideal. For around $20/night you can valet or for around $18 you can self park. If you valet, be prepared to wait a long time for your car to be retrieved and then deal with the teenage valets who appear to not want to be working and are of no assistance whatsoever. The hotel should be ashamed to have this vendor handling and interacting with their guests. Self park is no better, it's just as much and you have to walk a quarter mile from the parking lot to the door. Golf course is not bad, but for the rate, there are many better options in Orlando. All the Disney courses, Marriott and Hyatt Grand Regency are much better values. If you learn nothing else from my review, just think twice before staying here on any type of family vacation, this place is for business/convention goers with expense accounts, not family trips.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hi Gehrig438-

I am so sorry to hear about your most recent stay. I hope we have the opportunity to speak personally about your experience. Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience so we can better fix any situations you ran into.

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. Online photos don't do it justice. Very luxe with the best landscaping I've ever seen! Everything is very clean. Rooms are nice & cozy. Lots of restaurants and a small grocery store in hotel. Crazy golfing going on here though I'm not a golfer! They look to be having fun! Short drive to universal and I drive. Free room Internet and shuttle to universal. Only thing I can complain about is the parking. It's ridiculous to pay $16.00 daily for parking. It's a long walk but i could overlook that if it weren't for the thousands of convention people that descend upon the hotel. They use the same parking lot and if you come back from a theme park etc around 6 pm you will be driving in circles looking for a spot. Not only that but it really makes you feel nickle and dimed and in a sense hubby slammed the wallet and refuses to eat at any hotel restaurant etc. Definitely would be better to separate parking lots or something do that everyone feels important!

• Stayed December 2012
Hey Hey Williams-crist!

Thank you so much for your beautiful review of the property. We appreciate it very much.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Thank you for choosing Rosen Shingle Creek.

Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was our 6th time staying at the resort and we plan 2 more trips in 2013. Rosen Shingle is part of our Florida experience and we have magical memories.
The big difference here is the very visible presence of the owner - Mr Rosen. You are at a resort where management care because the owner cares. It is not part of a chain where the corporate culture sets in. The staff we have met over the years have not changed much - they obviously like working there. The golf course is not part of a reciprosity arrangement because Mr Rosen wants his guests to enjoy the course.
We have stayed at the resort as part of a conference and extended the stay for our personal pleasure. We have established friendships with some of the staff and they make sure we are well looked after and that we are given the best deal available. The lesson here is that being friendly is more likely to yield results than bombastic and demanding because you are the guest.
We really enjoy all the amenities - lap pool, spa, restruants (flat breads and soup are our favourites), glof course, tennis courts etc. Being at the hotel is so relaxing and often we did not venture out.
The rooms have always been well appointed with all the toiletaries on tap. We were lucky to have a suite and this made our stay all the more memorable. Plenty of space to store the shopping, attend to the office (free wifi), comfortable beds, two bathrooms (his and hers), and a kitchenette for your own drinks and snacks. Home is not this good.
We like the fact that the staff greet you in the passages or wherever you encounter them. This added to the friendliness of the resort.
The 24 hour Munroe Street is a great service to guests (not that we made use of the shop after 11pm). There are drinks. snacks, food to order, premade salads and sandwiches, ice cream and more. We used it mainly over lunch time at the pool.There is a Haggen Das ice cream shop next to the Munroe Street. I tried it 3 times. Once they were just closed, the second time at 12 noon on Sunday on a hot day with plenty of potential customers they had to defrost the fridges and the third time they looked so disinterested that I gave it a miss.
The hotel is very centrally situated for all Orlando attractions - fun parks, shopping, Winterpark, resturants etc.
Thanks Mr Rosen and staff for making your resort special for us.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors overlooking the golf course and swimming pools. The views from the otherside...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rob N…THANK YOU!

We absolutely love hearing from our repeat guests. Your review means a lot to us.

Thanks for your continued business. We appreciate it and hope to hear from you in the future.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We typcially do not stay so far away from Walt Disney World when visiting, but got an excellent rate for 2 nights at this property in a Deluxe Queen/Queen room (it was only a 10-12 minute drive). The lobby was decorated beautifully for Christmas including 6ft Nutcrackers, running fireplace, Santa's Chair and multiple trees. The guestroom and bathroom was very clean and although decor traditional, it looks as though it has been updated recently. They obviously spent a good bit of money on finishes here and our only complaint was the pillows were terrible and flat - even the kids complained (definite upgrade required here). There are quite a few great restaurants here and a lot of options including a full-size Starbucks for lattes and breakfast in morning, just off the lobby. Know there is a steep $16 per day self parking fee and the lot is quite far away. This is sort of like a resort fee so you'll also get access to outdoor amenities, gym and free wifi. However it is only $5 more per night to park with valet so much more conveinient.
Unfortunately we did not get to use the pools on this trip, but plan to as we will return - the outdoor space looked like a great time!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hello tlhighfield!

Your review was so nice. Our holiday decorations are beautiful, aren’t they? This is the season I would recommend everyone coming out to see what we have to offer. Our rates are definitely comparable and we have tons to do!

Let me know if you are back in the area and need reservations in the future.

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I dont often stay in resort hotels, but this was definitely a pleasant place to spend the night. Found a great deal online and decided to stay here for the night to break up a 9 hour drive south. The location seemed close to the major parks but since I wasn't going to those I can't say for sure.

My initial impression was that it looked beautiful on the outside and I wasn't disappointed when I stepped inside either. Check in took less than 5 minutes and I was on my way to my room. The room was large and clean. I didn't do much except wander the property and look around. Most of the shops/restaurants were closing or closed by this time, but I could tell that during regular hours there would be plenty to do.

The next morning before checking out I ran their jogging track outside. It runs around the property and is almost one and a half miles around. The fitness room had a cost so I passed on that.

Overall I was very happy there and would definitely stay again. There were many amenities I didn't use but they included valet parking, multiple swimming pools, restaurants, and shops. Beautiful place, and plenty to keep you busy and full.

• Stayed November 2012
Fantastic review, lancerevo13!

We appreciate your special 5 star review on our property so much. Thank you very much for doing a review on our property.

I hope to hear from you in the future.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Been to Rosen Shingle Creek? Share your experiences!