“Beautiful Hotel with Very Attentive Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Rosen Shingle Creek
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   9939 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Ranked #34 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Fort Lauderdale, fl
“Beautiful Hotel with Very Attentive Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

One word describes this hotel...WOW!!! Truly first class the way it was meant to be! The pool and golf course area were beautiful; especially the zero-entry one! The staff at check-in were pleasant, as were the guest services staff when I called to ask for a few extra bottles of shampoo; even with a follow-up call after it was delivered to my room! The true meaning of customer service! My only complaint is that I was not able to order a drink at the hotel bar with my ID, since it is cracked and they told me they could not serve me. I have never had a problem with this and am not sure why it should have been a problem here! Overall, I would definitely stay here again if I were able to get such a good rate from Tripadvisor!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor that faces the front of the hotel; you can see almost all of the them...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Hey goldstein2749!

Let me know when you come back... I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your kind words.

Thanks,

2,051 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I attended a corporate event at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort for 4 days. First class facility! Hotel room was very nice, conference venue was very nice, pool & golf course again was very nice! Staff and service very nice! Location very nice. Food at the corporate event was great too!

Room Tip: I liked the view of the course from the 11th floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Very Nice Review Jim O!

Thanks for your compliment of the facility. We appreciate it.

Thanks for staying and please visit us again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We (The A.M.E. Church/11th District Christian Education/Ldrshp Congress) have been lodging at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort since the 1st year they opened (youth & adults). This is one of the prettiest & classiest resorts you will find in FL. It has a gigantic golf course, bars, several restaurants, 3 pool areas, spa, shopping, business center, ballrooms, meeting rooms, fabulous lodging rooms & is set in a beautiful natural environment where you may see a gator or snake if you aren't careful. But the service in all areas is the best! If you need a large Convention or Golf Resort, or just an out-of-the-way place to 'chillax', the Rosen Shingle Creek is for you!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you AJSG59!

We love our relationship with AME Church/11th District Christian Education Leadership Congress.

Thanks for updating us on your perspective of the property. We can't wait for your next stay!

tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed on a recent Saturday night booking a great deal on Priceline the day of our stay. The rooms are great, the hotel is very clean, and the front desk was very friendly. We worried when we first learned of the hotel as we feared the fees would eat into the great price we paid. The only add-on was the parking fee of about 16 or 17 dollars. Internet was free although it seems like there may be a fee for the fitness center. This is a resort/convention hotel so be prepared to pay steep prices for meals and other food purchases like the 24 hour store.

We stayed here a few years ago and thought it was a long way from everything. This time it didn't seem so bad. In fact, it is nice to be a little bit away from all the congestion in Orlando. There is a Publix supermarket just across from the hotel so you can stock up on snacks and drinks or buy a meal to take back to the room.

One final note, there is a nice nature trail for walkers or runners and plenty of room on the property to create a nice run. Overall, if this price is right or your company is paying this is great option for your stay in Orlando.

Room Tip: There are great views on both side of the hotel, on the south side you get the golf course on the No...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Hey jvs_tampa!

Thanks for the update on your last stay. We appreciate your nice words.

We hope our price is right the next time you need to come to Orlando.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Pinehurst, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Nice hotel and property - we stayed just one night and got a great deal on priceline. Staff at checkin was very nice and helpful. Self parking can be crowded if there is an event at the convention center as was our case, but not a bad walk to the lobby. Nice pools and cool features inside and out. I like the location although some may say it is out of the way. It is closer to Universal than Disney I would say, but it is easy to get to.

Room Tip: Pool View room would be the best.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thanks steve m!

We appreciate the nice things you said about our facility.

We hope you have the chance to come back and visit soon!

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I are from Ireland but we regularly visit Orlando, 7 times in 10 years. For the first couple of visits we stayed at different 4 star level hotels throughout the Orlando are and were generally happy with all of then. Then 4 years ago we stayed at Rosen Shingle creek for 2 nights before a cruise and we were hooked, it was the best hotel we have ever stayed at in Orlando or anywhere else. Since then my wife has insisted that we stay here every time we visit Orlando.
Our most recent stay was in September, 2 nights before a cruise and 13 nights post cruise. My father and brother accompanied us on this vacation and we were a little worried that maybe we had over sold the virtues of this hotel. Our fears were unfounded as from check in to check out the staff were amazing. The hotel is very clean and very well maintained. The facilities at the hotel are second to none. The large grounds give the impression the hotel is secluded yet it is only a few minutes drive to Universal studios, Sea world or I-drive. My father and brother agreed, it is a superb Hotel.

The one thing that people do seem to complain about is the additional charges in particular

*Internet - this is now free which is fantastic

*Car parking - The car park is $16 a night but I just factor this into the room rate and when I compare with other properties it is still more than competitive for what I get. Depending on how full the car park is, it can be a bit of a walk, 2 minutes or so but most of the time there is a member of staff in a golf cart offering rides back to the hotel

*Gym - there is $10 fee for a visit which is a bit expensive but they also offer a $20 fee that covers you for your entire stay. If you are only staying 1 or 2 nights use the jogging track and lap pool which are free, if you are staying 3+ nights the $20 is great value when you see the gym. Its not like most hotel gyms, this is a fully equipped gym, with complementary bottled water and includes the use of steam room, sauna and jacuzzi.

This visit my wife also visit the Spa twice and was really impressed with the quality of the product and service.

In conclusion I can not recommend this hotel highly enough, my bother David broke his leg two weeks before going on vacation and the hotel went above and beyond to accommodate him. This hotel continues to impress me with its level of comfort, service and consistency. I would also like to thank Amanda (front desk) and Ron (room service) fantastic members of staff who added to a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Awe...thank you so much, KeithConnolly!

I hope the leg is back to normal soon.

Sorry about the extras. I hope you contact me when you make your next reservation.

I'll forward your kind words on to the Room Service Manager and the Director of Front Office.

Thanks again,

Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Wonderful stay had by all! We booked our room through Priceline and got an amazing rate. When we arrived at the hotel I asked about the price difference for an upgrade and they moved us to a petite suite for free! The room was clean and had a great view. Pools were very nice and not overly crowded. There were several conventions going on during our stay and we never even noticed crowds. Our only complaint was the price of food for children. 9 dollars for a grilled cheese in the Cafe was a bit much. Otherwise all was great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Aren't the Petit Suites cute, SDS112384?

I love the views from these rooms.

Let me know if you are in the area again and need to stay. We would love to have you!

Thanks,

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Been to Rosen Shingle Creek? Share your experiences!