“Lovely, fairly new.....very big!” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   9939 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Ranked #22 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Longwood, Florida
“Lovely, fairly new.....very big!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This resort is a fairly typical convention property that is well located for access to all of the attractions and downtown Orlando. It is a new property that is extremely well maintained with spacious comfortable rooms. It is a very large property so I suggest that you ask for a room that is proximate to the elevators if one is available........ otherwise you need to build in extra time just for coming & going from your room (it can be a pain if you forget something and need to go back to your room). It's great if you need or want to get your exercise in walking!

All of the restaurants in the hotel are not open all of the time........ apparently they base it on occupancy which is a little disconcerting. The restaurants that are available are pricey so would be an expensive proposition for a family. It is not a place that is within walking distance of any other restaurants or food resources so I would only recommend staying here if you have a car.

The one other thing that I was fairly unimpressed with were the "spa" facilities. For a property so large I would have expected a more elaborate and expansive spa. The prices are on a par with what one would expect to find at a higher end resort, but in my opinion it doesn't offer the calming "Zen" atmosphere I would expect to find when going to a spa with this price structure.

We have decided to hold our daughter's wedding here (as we will be having more than 100 guests who will be staying at the property & we needed a place that could accommodate a group that large with ease). So far I have been extremely impressed with their effort to be accommodating and meet all of our needs and requirements. The customer service & communication has been handled efficiently with much attention being paid to our needs requests. I will make additional comments after our event.

Room Tip: Close to the elevators!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Wow GalmourMom-

Thank you for your review. I'm sure that Francesca Rahmani, Wedding Manager here at Rosen Shingle Creek, will take wonderful care of you and your guests for the upcoming wedding.

Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can assist with.

Thank you for staying with us and choosing us for the wedding!

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel is amazing. Ibooked it from Hotwire.com and got a great price. Great spacious rooms. Staff is great and very helpful. Parking is $16.00 which is a little much since you have to walk quite a distance to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Your review is beautiful Jeannie T! Thanks.

We appreciate you! We hope you come back soon.

florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Arrived on a Sunday, walked forever to get to my room, then the keys didn't work! I had to call the lobby--they actually answered!--5 minutes later I am in the room but must trek back to the lobby to fix the keys, was late to a seminar (the reason for staying there!) Monday night woke up to ants on the sheets, EWWWWWWW thought it was a fluke thing...nope ants all over the bathroom, went to seminar, went to lobby was told I could get a new room but would only be able to use my current room key once to retrieve my belongings...uhm ok? So paid a bellhop to assist me on my move. Was late to the next seminar due to the move....

What did I find great? The beds were the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever rested my head on!

However the lobby staff didn't seem concerned with all of the issues I had to endure. I had planned to extend my stay from 3 nights to 6 nights but with the keys not working and the ants I had my fill. When I checked out they didn't even ask me how my stay was, I gave them the information and I received a blank stare!

For a supposed upper class hotel I felt like I had a less than quality stay. The restaurant is a whole other story...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hey amys289!

I am so sorry for the delay in a response back to you regarding your stay. I TRULY hope someone talked to you regarding your stay from the Hotel Management Staff.

Please reach out to me if I can be of ANY assistance.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed here for a family reunion. Very Friendly Staff. 3 Pools - 1 saline lap pool, 1 family pool and 1 adult pool. All three were very nice. There is a very decent store in the hotel that is of course over priced, but not nearly as over priced as most hotel stores and it sell beer by the 12 pack which is a big plus. The grounds are beautiful and the golf course is very nice. Rooms were very clean and comfortable.
Location is great if your hitting the various theme parks.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Hey Drewindc!

Thanks for letting us know how your stay was. I'm happy to hear your stay went well.

Hope you come back and visit us again soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I booked this hotel thru priceline. I thought I had an excellent deal until I found out that they charge for self parking and that was 16.00 plus the parking area to the hotel is a cardio workout if your in a hurry to get to your room. The staff were great and very helpful and the place was huge!! The entrance is breathtaking and the rooms very comfortable except for the A/C in the room that did not cool very well in my opinion. I would stay here again but wish they didn't charge at all for parking like most hotels in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hello Lourdes M!

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback.

We hope you come back again in the future. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Mill Creek, Washington, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I just finished a four night stay while attending a conference. This was my second conference at Rosen Shingle Creek in the last 12 monhts. For a large business group the property is a very good choice. The ballrooms are expansive and there are a good number of smaller, breakout rooms available. The AV capabilities are solid and can accomodate big stage productions with multiple, very large screens. The catering is well above average for a conference hotel - no dry chicken and bland rice pilaf here. Also, the size of the grounds and the location of the hotel in a relatively undeveloped area make it unfeasible to walk off the property for dinner. While that is a detriment for the individual guest without a car it is actually a bonus for a convention organizer because it encourages attendees to stay on the property and mingle in the evenings, boosting the conference networking effectiveness. Finally, the service is excellent across the board.

What keeps this hotel from a 5 rating?
- The restaurants are on the high side. With no drinks it is still hard to land under $25 for dinner. Throw in an appetizer, a nicer entree, and two beers and it's easy to hit $60 on up.
- The gym is too small. They have nice equipment and 15 to 20 pieces of cardio, but I regularly found every piece full from 5 to 7 AM. There is an additional $10/day or $20/week fee for the gym.
- Cab rides are expensive. There is a line of town cars waiting to serve by the front door. It's $42 to the airport and a $29 flat fee one-way to go anywhere nearby. Walking is not an option.

I highly recommend this property for large business meetings. For a family it could be a reasonable choice if you use it as a beautiful basecamp and head offsite in your car for a few meals to keep the costs down.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Very nice review, Doug J.

Thank you kindly for your words about the property. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the conference.

Although our hotel is currently settled by itself, I say give it another 2 years and you will be able to walk to a lot more.

Thanks for your continued business. We greatly appreciate it. We look forward to many more!

Enterprise, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I must say that this hotel was breathtaking right from the start. Now, mind you, I was attending Star Wars Celebration VI at the Orange County Convention Center. It was good to be close by and yet far, far away...

The view from the front can be seen pretty much from Commons Dr. It is really big! There is an exterior gate that allows passage to this hidden metropolis. As you make your way to the check-in area, you will be greeted by a member of the staff. You have the option to valet or self-park. *Before you stay at this resort, check on their specials. They offerred wonderful ammenities with my deal to include free parking, a round of golf for everyday I stayed, 15% off dining, and deals on the spa.*

As you enter this kingdom, you'll encounter a huge lobby. It is very quiet and pleasant. The check-in was a breeze and once again, hospitality is #1 priority for this establishment. There are two views that you can experience. One overlooks the back side of the hotel which is the pool area and parts of the golf course. It was a nice view from the 12th floor. The other side provided a wonderful city skyline and night life of Orlando. So, it is up to you on your view.

The room I stayed in was quite comfortable. Digital HVAC which worked really good. The basic ammenities were available to include towels, bathrobes, coffee maker, soap, shampoo, LCD TV, etc.

The room service was wonderful and quick. The meals really had a quality to them. I do recommend the Red Fettuccine with shrimp and scallops. Superb!!

The spa and gym were awesome to use. It was small, but provided everything you needed for your daily cardio or resistance training.

The Cafe Osceola provided a wonderful breakfast in the morning. They offer everything from continental to full buffet eating. When eating at this hotel, all gratuities were provided in the check. This applied to room service as well. Also, they gave a 25% discount to military.

The heated spa was ok. Needed to be a bit more warmer. The location of the heated spa was a bit close to the family pool area. I think that there should be a seperate one located near the private pool as well.

Overall, my stay was amazing. I had fun and enjoyed myself all at the sametime. :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Jedi Masters don't go crazy -- they just get eccentric....right, SentMe?

Thank you so much for your kind words of our property...they definitely made us look amazing.

Please visit us again soon.

Let me know if I can assist with anything.

Thanks,

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Been to Rosen Shingle Creek? Share your experiences!