“Nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

Nice hotel-reminded me of the ATlantis. I wish I could go back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

The hotel was extremely nice and rooms are impressive. The only issue I had was trying to check in early and the self park is $12 a day but besides that it was awesome. It's not that far from Disney but be careful soone GPS devices will take you around the hotel.

• Stayed March 2011
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Uh Oh wj2003....we hope you didn't get lost with that GPS!

Glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our weather is nice, but I'm sure Hawaii is nicer!!!

Thanks for choosing us. We greatly appreciate it.

Wallingford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights. The place is magnificent. 3 large beautiful pools, lots of choices for food and drink(though a little pricey), and very nice staff. The self parking was not bad at all. I think if there is a conference it can be a little far. We did get a lift by golf cart one night. Our room was quite large and had everything we needed even a fridge! We went to relax and enjoy florida weather and this was the perfect place to do that. We were happy to be away from the busy disney area but very accesible to highways. we are hoping to return in the summer.

Room Tip: Shop for discount rate!!!
Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks dzk323 for the recent review.

Your kind words are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to your future stays. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Winnipeg,Mb
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

our stay a the rosen shingle creek was amazing, but not without a few hiccups. We booked with Hotwire and upon arrival found that there was no reservation in the computer, after about 15 min. the lady at the front desk checked us in anyways and said she would take of the rest later so we could get to our room. She also compt. one night of our valet parking. The room was awesome and very clean, we went to the pool area that was just a gorgeous place to lounge and relax after a long day of travel. On the second day we got up early to make it to Disney for opening but the valet had miss placed our keys and we were about 25 min behind by the time they found our keys. the next day we decided to stay at the resort for the day because it was so gorgeous. we ate twice at the resort and the food was satisfactory. we did find that they charged for many amenities that are free at other resorts (internet,parking,etc.) Upon check out we spoke with the front desk in regards to the valet issue and they compt. our second day of parking as well. Our stay was great and we will return to this resort again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Hi fire888

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay but sad to hear about the hiccups! I've forwarded this information on to the Valet department to make them aware of the situation you brought up.

I'm sorry about your room reservation not being in the system. As Assistant Director of the Reservations Department we are working hard to ensure that this doesn't happen in the future.

Thanks again. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

My husband and I took our 3 year old twins to this hotel for a march break getaway and loved it!! The no-entry pool and the kiddie pool were perfect entertainment for the kids and the little food market that was located right by the pool was ideal for pool- side snacks like melon, muffins and even drinks for mummy and daddy! When we first arrived our room was not ready but the staff were only too happy to upgrade us to a fabulous room with a balcony - perfect for evening chats! We walked to the nearby Publix and bought groceries to fill the fridge ( which provided breakfasts and lunches ) so we could splurge a litle on dinners! Another bonus was having Starbucks coffee from the cafe downstairs everymorning :) We will definitely be returning to the Rosen Shingle Creek!

• Stayed March 2011
Thank you Ashnpete for your review.

We are so excited that your stay went well and that you will be returning to our hotel. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance.

Bristow, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

This hotel is pretty typical for convention-goers and business travelers (of which I was one when I stayed here). The rooms need a refreshing. i would call the decor "early Eastern bloc." The restaurants are overpriced and not very exciting. I would never bring my family here, although I see a lot of reviews saying this is a great vacation destination. I would argue this is a decent business traveler's destination.

The good stuff: I didn't have an opportunity to play the golf course here, but it looked very nice. not sure about the fees, but i assume they''re high (I paid about $30/night for parking, so I can imagine a round of golf isn't cheap). There are two pools - one for lap swimming - which is really nice when the big pool is inundated with screaming kids. The hotel is close to some fantastic shopping.

The not-so-good stuff: This hotel is an island - you can't really walk to anything. Being "on campus" is like being on a cruise ship. If there's anything you want that you can't find at the hotel, it's a bit of a pain to leave the area.

The Rosen is average at best, but the service is fine and the conference areas and facilities are all tidy and easy to get to. One caveat - never gossip when you're in the main hallway connecting all the rooms. In an odd twist of architecture, every conversation in that large hall gets redirected, and if you're sitting on a couch along the wall, you can hear every single word.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Hi DCJetGirl

You are correct with our property being a little like being on campus, but we know that this area will soon be booming.

I'm confused on your $30.00 per night parking situation? Can you let me know why you were charged this? The MOST you should have been charged is $20.00 and that is if you were doing valet. Self Parking on property is $12.00 per night.

I really wish your stay would have a lot better and hope we have the opportunity to assist with your reservation needs in the future.

Morrisville, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

We stayed at this resort for a convention. For a resort that advertises itself as a luxury resort, this one has the worst services. The first room assigned to us was not made. After waiting for 45 minutes another room was ssigned to us which had peanut shells all over the floor. The air conditioning never got the room temperature below 78F even though we had it set for the lowest setting. Florida gets pretty hot and cheaper hotels that I have stayed in have had better air condiotioning. The hot water was luke warm at best. When I told the management, they said that it is due to all the rooms being full. Let me tell you as an engineer, every building is designed 10%-25%above full capacity. It tells me that their hot water and HVAC system are failing. The access cards do not work in the parking area half the time. The food in the restaurants is over priced and terrible. The TV channels worked most of the time.
On check-out day we told the front desk that we were checking out at 12 noon. The maid burst into the door at 9am without knocking. We told her to leave us alone until noon. She didn't understand a word of english so she came in at 10.30am and 11 am again
:-(. I couldn't have had a worse experince at the dicounted convention rate of $199/night + resort fees. They charge per sheet for faxes/copies and per day for internet access.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Hi jyoti1020

I am so sorry that you had a bad stay at our property. This isn't the norm and I will make sure the housekeeping department is aware of your information given as well as the engineering department.

Again, my apologies. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Cellular: 407-832-1569

Been to Rosen Shingle Creek? Share your experiences!