“Money grabbers” 1 of 5 stars

and up
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Pirate's Dinner Adventure is an interactive Pirate stunt show that puts you right in the middle of all the action. Over 100 people from the audience is used during the show every night. Voted by Orlando Sentinel readers as Orlando's BEST DINNER THEATER 2011, and runner up Best Themed Restaurant 2012. Visit us for a night of swashbuckling adventure and family fun!
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Money grabbers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I was excited to go to this experience but i left feeling cheated and bored.

The vegetarian lasagne was delicious and id recommend it, but the show was boring and not worth the money. I had a coupon and the show still cost $70. I paid $20 for a drink at the bar which came in a souvenir glass you could take home, which was very pricey. I also paid $20 for a photo! The only complimentary drinks they offered was beer, so i had no drink with my meal as i wasnt going to pay another $20 for one!!

The show had no storyline and was very boring. I was disturbed so many times during the show by staff shoving things in my face, trying to get me to buy things, that i was beginning to get annoyed.

To top it off, at the end, they came around with trays saying it was compulsory to leave a tip, $5 for every adult and $3 for every child, as if i hadnt spent enough there already!! I couldn't believe they forced you into giving a tip, clearly money grabbing, and i would definitely not go back!!

Orlando, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“LOVED IT!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I recently chose this venue as a class field trip for a group of adult college students ranging in ages from 25-55. I have to admit I was a little hesitant based on the reviews I had read. But after attending I am not sure why the reviews for this dinner show are so low. For starters its a Pirates Dinner "Adventure" Show. Orlando is the home of Disney. Why would anyone attend a show like this in Orlando of all places and not expect it to be somewhat geared towards children? Secondly if you are looking for fine dining or a premium beef dinner....go to a steakhouse! The food was as good as what you can expect for this type of venue, although I would recommend the chicken over the beef. Either way don't attend a venue that caters to this many people and then complain that your meal isn't tailored to perfection. To compare the food to a school cafeteria (as I read in one of the reviews) is a gross exaggeration. I was with a group of 11 to include a child and we thoroughly enjoyed the show and the food. My son (who is autistic) actually felt like he was a member of the cast. They actually dressed the children in costume at some point, gave them pirate certificates, and even included a lot of the adults in the fun. My absolute favorite part of the show was the cast. They were all energetic not to mention hilarious.....Every member of the staff that we encountered (especially the waitresses) appeared to work very hard. Despite the fact that the the house was not packed, these guys and gals really put on an awesome show. You could really feel the energy. If you are reading this review and are looking for a nice, intimate setting to entertain family or guests (especially kids) this venue is definitely a good pick. Our group was able to get great discount on tickets from "Living Social". A few positive points I could make is the fact that beer was included in the cost for dinner unlike some of the other shows where you have to pay an additional expense. I also liked the fact that there was dancing in the lobby after the show as my group was pretty hyped and not quite ready to leave. If I had any criticism it would be about the unexpected costs such s a $5 fee for parking....an unpaid tax from the online Living Social purchase....gratuity for the waitress, etc. This was a little annoying but the experience more than made up for it. Other than the subtle nickeling and diming...these guys were truly AWESOME!!! We will definitely be back. GO ORANGE!

Visited May 2014
St. Marys, Georgia
32 attraction reviews
“Pirates Kitschy, Fun for Kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is a performance designed more for kids than adults, unless you are accepting of ill-defined pirate jargon and scripts that speak of "kings" and "princesses" that are less than accurate historically.
The show is full of action, but the story becomes tedious over time. The swinging pirates and cheering by section are entertaining for the kids. It bogged down after a while.
The kids all seemed to enjoy it, and for the finale they invite all the children to board the ship, and they have a ball!
The dinner was actually decent (chicken, or beef skewers).
We left a bit early. If your kids like pirates, go for it. If you are just a couple, skip this and go see the magic/comedy show at WonderWorks! It is total fun and amazing magic for half the cost! (although the dinner is just average pizza!)

Visited April 2014
Palmetto, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Great entertainment for kids...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is a great show for kids/teenagers. They are binding the peopl into the show. Everybody liked it. Stay away from the soup it was relly terrible, but the salad was ok. The main course beef skewers and the chicken were really good. The dessert chocolate cake was food too. The waiter josewas very attentive and friendly. Overall a good choice for an evening out.

Saint Cloud, Florida
“Amazing dinner show for kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I went to this show this past week and the show was amazing. The preshow for kids was very entertaining so get there early. I was in the VIP lounge and they have great appetizers from shrimp to empanadas and you get to meet part of the cast and take pictures. I have been to this show before and they have added more entertainment from acrobatics to the Dragon. This show is not only for kids but adults as well. you can be part of the action. My daughter is Autistic and she loved it and wants to go back again. The actors were funny and the pirates came out to your seat so you always felt apart of the show. Great show, great food. overall a must see in my book.

Visited April 2014