“Bed bugs broken Air units and Bites” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8700 S Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #274 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Bed bugs broken Air units and Bites”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Like others mentioned before me I should definitely read the reviews before booking a stay at this hotel. Sometimes trying to save that extra dollar necessarily doesn't pay off in the end. Initially the room looked fine until you shut off the lights to go to bed I woke up to bite marks on my neck only to find the bed was filled with bed bugs when I went into the bathroom to get my stuff there were roaches crawling around the floor. I complain to the front desk their reaction was the same as the other reviews" like okay what do you want us to do". They placed me in another room only to find out that the air conditioning unit in that room broke down in the middle of the night. needless to say I couldn't wait to wake up from a nightmare I got up early as possible in the morning and leftdisgusting memory behind. customers be where I posted some pics of my nightmare

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
feejjdcFamily, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
We are Truly Sorry for what ever was your inconvenience.
but we assure you we do not have bedbugs, I'm so sorry if you thought so.

You are welcome to call me direct here at the Hotel for further more discussion .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Has 24 hour shuttle to the airport. Nothing fancy in the room, very basic type. Beds clean and comfortable. Close to Florida Mall and lot of eating options. Their temp shuttle driver was very warm and friendly, the usual guy, not so much. For the price I paid, I got the services. They have free breakfast too. Ask for a room close to Orange Blossom, we got one at the back and it was pain to get your stuff out to the lobby early morning for the shuttle.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
feejjdcFamily, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your input on our 24 Hr Shuttle thank you !!
if theres any thing we could do better please let us know !

Frank Da Costa
Dir of Sales
Dieppe, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We had made reservations by a third party and when we arrived to check in the clerck informed us they had never received our reservation. They still honoured our rate and gave us great service.

Good continental breakfast, awesome pool and good location.

Would recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I should have read the reviews before booking. This place is FILTHY! The bad experience started at check in were it seemed it was an inconvenience for the desk clerk to check me in. I get to my room and was hit by a mold/mildew smell. I turn on the light and see a roach run under the bed. I go back to the desk and ask to change rooms due to the bug and the desk clerk didn't seem all that surprised when I mentioned I saw I roach or that the room smelt. The room I was moved too had the same smell but with stale cigarette smoke mixed in. When I pulled the covers back I found a bed bug and being from NY I know if you see one, there are plenty more. I again go to the desk and ask to be moved. The desk clerk said he would mark it down but never wrote anything down. The final room I was sent to smelt again but at that point I expected it to. Have seeing bed bugs in the second room I wanted to check everything before bringing my bags in and good thing I did. When I lifted the mattress I saw about 15 bed bugs scatter and then when I went to exit the room I saw another roach. When I informed the clerk I was leaving he told me it was the owners policy that they do not refund guests. All in all I paid for 2 nights and didn't stay longer than an hour. I ended up down the road at the Baymont and wrote the money off as a lesson well learned.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We were inbetween a resort in Daytona and one in Orlando and chose Econolodge for a one night stay. The room was clean, the bed comfortable. Complimentary breakfast could be enjoyed inside or outside on the pool patio in a central courtyard and had everything you would need for breakfast. The courtyard was landscaped beautifully with a pond and two waterfalls. We found the front desk staff to be courteous and helpful. The free wi-fi connection worked and was fast---unlike the resort in Daytona which advertised free wi-fi, but it functioned only in the lobby. I would recommend this EconoLodge for a short stay or even longer because of the pool area.

Room Tip: Choose a room toward the back away from entry for quietness or facing the courtyard for pool acess a...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel staff needs a major overhaul with customer service skills and professionalism. The main instigator with rude behavior is the front desk supervisor who isn't polite and gives you negative attitude. I asked about the advertised complimentary airport shuttle before checking into the hotel, and she gave me grief about the service since I didn't just fly into Orlando. I flew into town 4 days ago for Thanksgiving, and I didn't need my rental car an extra day. Instead of being understanding and helping hotel guests, the front desk show no decorum or politeness when asking questions about the amenities. The breakfast staff mirror the front desk too. I got a lecture for taking the orange juice back to my room. Hilarious and pathetic food choices of stale pastries and cereal. I would highly suggest upper management fire this current staff and recruit better personnel who make a sincere effort to help travelers. Research other airport hotels if you truly need a shuttle. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to any friends or business colleagues in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a different airport hotel off of Semoran Blvd instead of McCoy or Orange Blossom Trail
Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.

I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.

I would invite you to contact me personally at 407-996-4600, to discuss this with you further. (email is sales@orlando-econolodge.com)

Regards,
Frank Da Costa
Dir. Sales
Knightdale, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were visiting my old friend from high school in Orlando, Florida. We picked this hotel because the reviews were very good. We were totally pleased with our stay. The price was very good and the rooms were very modern. The breakfast was limited but the price definitely made up for that. We would definitely stay at this hotel again when visiting my friend. ps. they had plenty of pillows which was nice for my back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!