“Horrible!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8700 S Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #274 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were not greeted when we walked up to the desk. Woman was very rude. We asked to be back away from the main road and we were told there were no other rooms available. When we got to our room, it had "that smell". There was hair on the counter, hair under the counter, and hair in the bath tub. When we asked if the room was cleaned, we were told yes. Made it through the night and went to the breakfast, which was fine considering the rest of the motel. I went back 5 minutes before breakfast was over for a cup of coffee and the server closed the door and locked it as he saw me coming. Not going back, and frankly not sure if I'll stay at a "Quality" Inn again.

Room Tip: Choose a different motel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Davie, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Worse Experience ever, it just took me 5 minutes to get in the room , go to the bathroom and find an alive tick! Awful.

I check with one of the employees of the hotel on my way out, he admitted to have "a few rooms" infes

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nashville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Thy claimed they had shuttle service from the airport but they would not pick us up. We rented a car and drove to Orlando because we had a cruise they next day. We turned the car in at the airport. They refused to pick us up at the airport because we did not fly in. I ended up having to rent the car for another day because they Quality Inn said they would charge us for the room even if we cancelled the reservation. So we came back to the hotel and stayed there. The room was terrible. It was not clean and the toilet ran all night long. The wireless Internet was as slow as dial up. Overall a very very bad experience! Avoid it,

Room Tip: Avoid this place!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Louth, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Basic cheap accommodation. We found it to be on just the right side of cleanliness. No sign at all of any nasty bugs. Room furnishings a little tired. We had an outside room, but there seemed to be nicer inner courtyard rooms which overlooked the pool. The pool is a decent size and has plentiful loungers available. Wifi was hit and miss, kept kicking me out.

Not the best standard accommodation in Orlando, but by no means the worst. If you are looking for a room at a very good price, then I would recommend this Quality Inn.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I don't know what all the bad reviews were about...Must be looking for free rooms...We stayed here for 3 nights before the Cruise and 3 more nights after the cruise..we had the best service ever.....The rooms were clean, the breakfast was really good, the pool was always clean and the owner was really friendly. close to all amendies. And the atmosphere around the place was beatiful...the waterfalls, the fish in the little pond. It was one of the best places I have ever stayed in...And I didn't look for any FREE NIGHT!!! If you want better that what you got, then go pay triple the price and still get the same service.....Thank you Quality Inn for a wonderful 6 night stay...I would reccomend this place to everyone!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms are around the pool area are the best!!!!...But all in all they were all great...Our whole...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Comox, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Rented 2 rooms here as a last night before a very early flight home. Both rooms were dirty and run down, one bathroom had a broken towel bar and a bloody hand print in the wallpaper (not joking at all), the other bathroom toilet did not flush. Our air conditioner did not work well - ran loudly all night but couldn't get the temperature down to 70 degrees. We were all woken up at 3am by the train passing next to the hotel, and now 3 days later I have numerous bed bug bite welts showing up and we're going through the arduous process of decontaminating our luggage, clothing, and anything else that might have touched the carpets or bedding.

Do not stay here. It looks fine from the lobby but the rooms are completely unclean.

Room Tip: Go do to a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Killeen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My Family and I had took a trip to Florida before he was to deploy. We had stayed at the shades of Green for 4 nights and decided to book our last night stay at the Quality Inn and Suites. We had made our reservations through Expedia and figured that this motel would be okay for a one night stay. When we arrived the outside looked decent but when we got to our room it was VERY VERY unappealing! Our beds felt hard and very uncomfortable to sleep on. There were stains on the pillow cases and sheets. The light bulb fixture to their floor lamp was broken off and was dangling by the wires! We also found hair on the linen and in the restroom. The restroom also had a sewer smell along with dried boogers on the shower tile. The carpets were very old, and dirty. We made sure to walk with our flip flops on bc the carpet had nasty stains along with hard dried up spills. The walls were scuffed up with marks and stains. The door had rust stains and very dirty. We also found webs in the corners of the walls. My husband had to address it to the front desk and she suggested we call this company to complain about this. She said that it had been going on for a while and for us not to let anyone know that she had given us that card. The next morning we made sure to pack early and check out early we didnt even bother to stay for the breakfast we just wanted out of that place! My husband asked to speak to the manager which the night before and that morning they had said he was out making rounds of all the rooms. Then come to find out he was the one standing next to my husband the whole time so he decided to address my husband about the situation and was very rude about it! He didnt want to hear anything my husband had to say about the room he actually shoved my husband ordering him to leave and told him to call Expedia. all my husband wanted was just to let him know about the room so it could be fixed but bc of his response my husband didnt even want them to have a penny of our money so we called Expedia to let them know and also the company that is in charge of That Quality inn and suites but nothing got resloved and I will never again book through Expedia or stay at a Quality Inn and Suites also if this had the option to not rate at all i would have chosen that! It was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!